July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Date filed AOS / EAD / AP (sent to Chicago office):  July 29, 2021

Bio appointment: Aug 30, 2021

Interview scheduled by USCIS on: Feb 15, 2022

Interview date: March 28, 2022

Almost exactly 8 months from sending out the AOS and almost exactly 7 months from the biometrics appointment, we finally have an interview date!

It seemed like it would never happen and I feared my case might've been forgotten so I called USCIS at +1(800) 375-5283, said "Infopass" and asked to speak to a "Tier 2 Officer" for a service request. I was put on a waitlist where I was supposed to be contacted by the Tier 2 Officer within 30-days. However, after a week of that initial call, my case status was finally updated. I am not sure if this was because I requested to speak to a Tier 2 Office but I highly suggest it nonetheless. 

Best of luck to the rest of the July/August filers!

Hello everyone, 

I had my interview on Feb 16th. The wait was pretty long (about 1.5 hours). We were asked the following questions:

- Where did we meet?

- Is this a first marriage for both?

Then the IO asked a few (not all) yes or no questions from the form.

We were asked to show our ID's (driver licenses), my passport, my birth certificate plus translation and marriage certificate. No other documents were asked (no proof of marriage docs which I brought a whole stack of but I guess I'll be using that for ROC :)), I-864 and other financial documents were also not requested.

At the end, the IO said that they have everything they need and our case is under review, should anything else be needed, we will be sent mail. I was handed a sheet of paper reflecting the above.

After 2 days, the case was approved. I'm due to receive my GC tomorrow!

To summarize:

LFO: Long Island NY

PD: 29 July 2021

Biometrics: 26 Aug 2021

Interview: 16 Feb 2022

Approval: 18 Feb 2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We are still waiting on the case tracker to update to "approved" despite being told we were recommended for approval at our interview on 2/14.  Does anyone have any ideas what is going on or if there is anything I should do?  Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Finally received a notice for the interview! April 6th.

By the time of the interview my medical checkup, which I've done for my K1, will be over 1 year, so I wonder if anybody had the same situation and completed the medical again or not?

I am planning to do it again, just to be sure since I still have to update my vaccination record adding Covid-19 vaccine there, but just curious what everybody else did?

Also the list of the document on the interview notice is pretty big, but it is basically everything we've already submitted before and won't be a problem. Do they really check it during the interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, NataliaM said:

Finally received a notice for the interview! April 6th.

By the time of the interview my medical checkup, which I've done for my K1, will be over 1 year, so I wonder if anybody had the same situation and completed the medical again or not?

I am planning to do it again, just to be sure since I still have to update my vaccination record adding Covid-19 vaccine there, but just curious what everybody else did?

Also the list of the document on the interview notice is pretty big, but it is basically everything we've already submitted before and won't be a problem. Do they really check it during the interview?

My understanding is that the medical is good for 1 year, and the important date is the date when you filed, not the date of the interview.  With that said, in our case, we were unable to finish a series of vaccines before our visa interview, so we opted to go to the civil surgeon before applying for AOS and finish the vaccine series, and they went ahead and gave us a full examination and an I-693; however, it isn't strictly necessary.  I do believe that officers have required this in certain instances. I included the original sealed I-693 in our application for AoS.  Again, this isn't strictly necessary, but our officer ended up asking me about our medical and when I said we got an I-693, she asked for a copy.  This was the only document she asked us for.

As to COVID vaccine-- this requirement was not added until I believe October of last year.  Since you are posting in the July forum, I assume you applied for Adjustment of Status in July, and therefore this shouldn't be an issue.  I say shouldn't because I think officers can decide unilaterally if they want.  However, in our case, we didn't have the COVID vaccine noted on the I-693 or the prior embassy paperwork.  I did make a copy of her vaccine card just in case, but it was not asked for in the interview.

My strategy was to just print off the application that we submitted, then ahve a separate folder with some more up-to-date things like more recent pictures, paystubs, my 2021 W2, etc.  I didn't go overboard-- just a few extra things.  Make sure you bring originals of the birth certificates and the interview NOA (if not all letters from USCIS). 

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
21 hours ago, HBundle said:

My understanding is that the medical is good for 1 year, and the important date is the date when you filed, not the date of the interview.  With that said, in our case, we were unable to finish a series of vaccines before our visa interview, so we opted to go to the civil surgeon before applying for AOS and finish the vaccine series, and they went ahead and gave us a full examination and an I-693; however, it isn't strictly necessary.  I do believe that officers have required this in certain instances. I included the original sealed I-693 in our application for AoS.  Again, this isn't strictly necessary, but our officer ended up asking me about our medical and when I said we got an I-693, she asked for a copy.  This was the only document she asked us for.

As to COVID vaccine-- this requirement was not added until I believe October of last year.  Since you are posting in the July forum, I assume you applied for Adjustment of Status in July, and therefore this shouldn't be an issue.  I say shouldn't because I think officers can decide unilaterally if they want.  However, in our case, we didn't have the COVID vaccine noted on the I-693 or the prior embassy paperwork.  I did make a copy of her vaccine card just in case, but it was not asked for in the interview.

My strategy was to just print off the application that we submitted, then ahve a separate folder with some more up-to-date things like more recent pictures, paystubs, my 2021 W2, etc.  I didn't go overboard-- just a few extra things.  Make sure you bring originals of the birth certificates and the interview NOA (if not all letters from USCIS). 

Good luck!

Thank you so much, for such a detailed response.

It's interesting that they have not asked you for COVID-19 vaccine, because I was sure they would. 

Anyway, I've decided to do medical just to avoid any possible delays, because as you also mentioned seems like any officer can do what they want... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Is any one filing at the Raleigh, NC office? Just wondering what to expect! 

Application received: 7/19

RFE sent: 7/28

RFE received: 8/24

Biometrics completed: 10/6

Case being actively reviewed: 10/8

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline
7 hours ago, PyGP04 said:

Is any one filing at the Raleigh, NC office? Just wondering what to expect! 

Application received: 7/19

RFE sent: 7/28

RFE received: 8/24

Biometrics completed: 10/6

Case being actively reviewed: 10/8

Me! Application received on august 2nd

biometrics completed on October 14

and still nothing as well.

there is another guy from Raleigh, our timeline is almost the same with 1 day difference on biometrics. And he is still waiting for the interview appointment. Im surprised Raleigh is so slow. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Olga88 said:

Me! Application received on august 2nd

biometrics completed on October 14

and still nothing as well.

there is another guy from Raleigh, our timeline is almost the same with 1 day difference on biometrics. And he is still waiting for the interview appointment. Im surprised Raleigh is so slow. 

Thank you so much! That makes me at least feel better that it's not something with our application. I'm also surprised it's so slow!! Hopefully soon 🥺 We'll keep you updated when we hear something 🤞🏻

On 1/24/2022 at 9:46 AM, molehills said:

You can request the interview date and time on USCIS's website via emma. Just say "live agent" then "greencard" when you're prompted. They won't give you the notice, just the date of the interview. I think ours took 7-10 business days to arrive by USPS.

Thank you so much. The letter arrived on the day I was about to contact "Emma" :)

Interview scheduled for tomorrow. I'm nervous and hope I have everything they've asked for but also excited to be at this stage.

5 minutes ago, midsummer said:

Thank you so much. The letter arrived on the day I was about to contact "Emma" :)

Interview scheduled for tomorrow. I'm nervous and hope I have everything they've asked for but also excited to be at this stage.

You'll do great, good luck! 

On 2/8/2022 at 11:47 AM, Olislusan said:

Hello,
Today I received a message on USCIS Portal saying that my Interview for January 31st was cancelled and I will be notified for further information. What I don't get is that I didn't receive any mail nor email to notify me about the email.
Is this normal procedure? I am really confused.

I hope everything worked out for you and that you got another interview date?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, midsummer said:

I hope everything worked out for you and that you got another interview date?

Nothing really!
I contacted USCIS, talked with Tier 2 Officers not once but way more, and they said my case is all ready papers signed and just waiting for an appointment. We are now reaching 60 days, and still, there is no communique from them. It is really hard when left in the dark!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.