Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
15 minutes ago, RishDan said:

I would recommend at least go to the nearby bank branch, where your partner has a bank account and make a join account, it only takes 2-3 working days to approve and get the card. That could be a good solid proof to show you’ve joint/mutual account to support the relationship. Other thing I would suggest and I assume you’ve a mobile connection under the same plan as your partner ? 
that could be another proof to have both of your names under the monthly bill. 
this is what we have done… 

hope it helps 

If none of this works for you in the limited time frame, take lots of pictures with you for the interview like the places you’ve visited together, the mutual friends and family gatherings , social events attended etc. 

what they need to see is only that the relationship is real and not a fake one… 

this can be proved from just pictures as well.

Thank you for your help! Will probably do the health insurance and pictures. Hopefully my husband will be able to do the bank thing online. Too tight of a schedule and we’re literally in the middle of nowhere 🥲

Also, My husband and I have been together since 2018.. Idk how they would think that’s fake 😂

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 12/28/2021 at 3:56 PM, smbathan said:

Thank you for your help! Will probably do the health insurance and pictures. Hopefully my husband will be able to do the bank thing online. Too tight of a schedule and we’re literally in the middle of nowhere 🥲

Also, My husband and I have been together since 2018.. Idk how they would think that’s fake 😂

It might be too late for the joint account since they won't have their first statement by the interview date, unless they can bring some letter from the bank saying they've opened one together.

If you want to pursue it, you can do it with an online bank. There's plenty of those around; I've used more than a few, and they're reliable. Even the major banks have online-only accounts.

Just got my interviewed scheduled on December 29. I don't any indication of interview date in the portal but I saw that you guys know your interview date already. Was your date added to the portal soon after?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, bomem said:

Just got my interviewed scheduled on December 29. I don't any indication of interview date in the portal but I saw that you guys know your interview date already. Was your date added to the portal soon after?

The electronic notice with the interview date should be uploaded as a document by USCIS. If it's not, you may have to wait until the paper notice comes in. Alternatively, I believe you can request an electronic version of the notice over email starting from 7 days after your status changed (so I think now).

3 hours ago, uapilot said:

The electronic notice with the interview date should be uploaded as a document by USCIS. If it's not, you may have to wait until the paper notice comes in. Alternatively, I believe you can request an electronic version of the notice over email starting from 7 days after your status changed (so I think now).

Thanks for the info! I will connect with Emma to inquire this tomorrow.

Interview scheduled! We also didn't get the interview notice in our USCIS portal, but waiting for the snail mail should be easy comparatively. 

The mail came in today, so I didn't have to contact EMMA. My interview is in San Antonio, TX which is way farther away to where I did my biometrics (Houston, TX). I think this probably the reason why I got scheduled way sooner than expected. Every estimates I found on Houston FO is ridiculously long. I rather taking a long drive than anxiously waiting for the turn.

Scheduled date: Feb 1

PD: July 29

Edited by bomem

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I got the RFE in beginning of October 2021 where the USCIS requested me to submit the birth certificate. I have submitted the required birth certificate via mail and uploaded it on their site. I have still not heard anything and I was wondering if I should send a message to the USCIS. Or, should I wait a little bit. Let me know.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, grantmefiancevisa said:

Hi everyone.

I got the RFE in beginning of October 2021 where the USCIS requested me to submit the birth certificate. I have submitted the required birth certificate via mail and uploaded it on their site. I have still not heard anything and I was wondering if I should send a message to the USCIS. Or, should I wait a little bit. Let me know.

Sounds like it's been 90+ days, so you wouldn't be out of place reaching out to them.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
19 hours ago, grantmefiancevisa said:

Thanks for getting back to me. I am going to shoot them a message and hope that they can give me an update.

Hi, we had the same RFE and called USCIS after 90 days, all they said just wait nothing world happen . As I understand we will just get interview date one day and that's all! Do not worry!

13 hours ago, molehills said:

Much congrats RishDan! We hope for the same outcome and experience in 2 weeks. 

Thank you! 
just now got an update on my “Case Tracker” App- Case Approved !! 
hurray 🎉 🥳 

Good luck to all waiting for their Interview dates. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.