Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Congratulations!!! 
I also got a notification last night for my interview but still waiting for the mail with instructions in the mailbox.

PD: July 14 

Interview date: Jan 20, 2022

San Bernardino , CA FO 

Congratulations as well! Great Christmas gift and start of new year!

I am waiting as well for the mail but I asked EMMA for the date cause I can’t wait to find out haha!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Just got my interview scheduled already today!

PD: July 6

Bio : Aug 3

Interview date: Feb 3, 2022

FO : Long Island NY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm a little turned around here so any help would be greatly appreciated. We are anxiously waiting for our AP doc and now think we may be getting a combo card with EAD. Will they issue the AP before receiving the combo card or do we have to wait for the EAD to process as well?

11 minutes ago, jammer742 said:

I'm a little turned around here so any help would be greatly appreciated. We are anxiously waiting for our AP doc and now think we may be getting a combo card with EAD. Will they issue the AP before receiving the combo card or do we have to wait for the EAD to process as well?

Since you applied at the same time for both EAD and AP you’re most likely to get a combo card. So they won’t be issuing AP separately, combo card means AP+EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Since you applied at the same time for both EAD and AP you’re most likely to get a combo card. So they won’t be issuing AP separately, combo card means AP+EAD

Not the answer I wanted, but it's the answer I expected. Thank you! Hopefully these are processed by the VJ estimated dates

On 12/2/2021 at 12:31 AM, uapilot said:

It's approved! Still waiting on some notification for our daughter; I think she's still looking at the electronic documents.

I honestly don't have much to add. We were a K-1 case with no complications, so it was a pretty straightforward interview.

They'll probably ask you about how you met, so make sure you have some of the dates and places in back of mind. My wife was pretty nervous and bungled up some of that, but the officer didn't treat it as a gotcha. I think they're just looking for you to share your story, so the main thing is that you have one.

They'll also repeat all of the questions from the I-485 that are serious in nature, e.g. are you a terrorist, were you ever arrested, etc. So if the beneficiary struggles with English, you may want to go over those questions to make sure they're understandable.

As additional evidence, we provided statements from one joint bank account and one credit card, as well as the deed to our new apartment. I also included about 10 photos from the past 6 months or so. So not a huge stack.

Also, looks like you're in Hialeah, but just FYI, it was cold in the Miami office. You might be in there for a while, so you may want to bring a sweater or something and covered shoes.

Congratulations on your GC approval! 
I have my interview scheduled on Jan-20,2022

Just curious and want to check with you about the checklist for the interview as I read on the interview instructions here. It says: 

1. About the Form-I693 Medical and vaccination Record- This was already submitted to the US embassy when I had my K-1 visa interview in my home country. Do we need to give them again ? 
2. Form-I 864 Affidavit of support- the same was also submitted at the time of K-1 visa interview. 
I believe you also submitted the same during the initial K-1 visa interview and did you have to bring them again for the GC interview? 
Or was it just the supporting documents for the relationship you had to show them this time ? 
Thanks in advance 😊  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 12/23/2021 at 4:06 PM, RishDan said:

Congratulations on your GC approval! 
I have my interview scheduled on Jan-20,2022

Just curious and want to check with you about the checklist for the interview as I read on the interview instructions here. It says: 

1. About the Form-I693 Medical and vaccination Record- This was already submitted to the US embassy when I had my K-1 visa interview in my home country. Do we need to give them again ? 
2. Form-I 864 Affidavit of support- the same was also submitted at the time of K-1 visa interview. 
I believe you also submitted the same during the initial K-1 visa interview and did you have to bring them again for the GC interview? 
Or was it just the supporting documents for the relationship you had to show them this time ? 
Thanks in advance 😊  

Heya! Merry Xmas/Holidays!

1. You do not, as long as you had a complete vaccination record & medical with no class A illnesses (e.g. Tuberculosis history). There seems to be some discussion on how fast DHS can get the medical to the Field Office. Our GC interview was 7 months after entry to the US (when we handed our medical over to the border officer). That at least is enough time.

2. The Affidavit of Support submitted at the K-1 interview should have been the I-134, a different type. However, if you submitted an I-864 with your AOS application (or later with an RFE response), you also do not need to bring it.

The only things we brought were supporting evidence of the relationship, passports, and I also brought their Vaccination worksheets from the overseas medical and the part of the I-693 instructions that says that they don't have to complete a medical again (for our daughter, specifically that she only needed to do the vaccination portion, not the whole thing); we ended up not needing the vaccination worksheets.

1 minute ago, uapilot said:

Heya! Merry Xmas/Holidays!

1. You do not, as long as you had a complete vaccination record & medical with no class A illnesses (e.g. Tuberculosis history). There seems to be some discussion on how fast DHS can get the medical to the Field Office. Our GC interview was 7 months after entry to the US (when we handed our medical over to the border officer). That at least is enough time.

2. The Affidavit of Support submitted at the K-1 interview should have been the I-134, a different type. However, if you submitted an I-864 with your AOS application (or later with an RFE response), you also do not need to bring it.

The only things we brought were supporting evidence of the relationship, passports, and I also brought their Vaccination worksheets from the overseas medical and the part of the I-693 instructions that says that they don't have to complete a medical again (for our daughter, specifically that she only needed to do the vaccination portion, not the whole thing); we ended up not needing the vaccination worksheets.

Thank you so much for your feedback. 
Did you get your physical GC already ? 
I believe it will be a 2 year conditional one at the beginning right…

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, RishDan said:

Thank you so much for your feedback. 
Did you get your physical GC already ? 
I believe it will be a 2 year conditional one at the beginning right…

Yes, I believe we got both of them about 10 days after the electronic notice. And yes, both are 2 year conditionals. In fact, I think you're supposed to file for a GC replacement if it is not conditional, even though that would be an error on their end. People say you'll have loads of trouble if you don't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

I’ve got question regarding the interview. So our interview is January 21 and i’m just stressing over the paper work.

My husband is in the military and we live in the on base housing (literally no utility bills). We also didn’t have the joint bank account because we didn’t see the point since i don’t go anywhere without him and i can’t work.

So my question is, what do i do with the papers? Help 😂 

43 minutes ago, smbathan said:

Hello Everyone!

I’ve got question regarding the interview. So our interview is January 21 and i’m just stressing over the paper work.

My husband is in the military and we live in the on base housing (literally no utility bills). We also didn’t have the joint bank account because we didn’t see the point since i don’t go anywhere without him and i can’t work.

So my question is, what do i do with the papers? Help 😂 

I would recommend at least go to the nearby bank branch, where your partner has a bank account and make a join account, it only takes 2-3 working days to approve and get the card. That could be a good solid proof to show you’ve joint/mutual account to support the relationship. Other thing I would suggest and I assume you’ve a mobile connection under the same plan as your partner ? 
that could be another proof to have both of your names under the monthly bill. 
this is what we have done… 

hope it helps 

If none of this works for you in the limited time frame, take lots of pictures with you for the interview like the places you’ve visited together, the mutual friends and family gatherings , social events attended etc. 

what they need to see is only that the relationship is real and not a fake one… 

this can be proved from just pictures as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.