Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We got our EAD about a month back but it was not a combo card (no advanced parole), so we are still unable to leave the country and visit family.  The I-131 has not been updated.  The Adjustment of Status still reads as interview scheduled despite having the interview 85 days ago.  While the EAD is nice to have, it isn't very helpful for us because my wife is a student and doesn't have time to work.  I was really hoping to get a combo card so we could visit family during her school break. 

I believe the EADs are being processed more because the Biden administration has been pushing for this in order to cut through the massive backlog.  So it appears that, in our case, they uncoupled it from the rest of our applications for the sake of processing it. 

I'll count our blessings though.  At least my wife no longer has to bring her passport whenever we go get a drink at the bar! That's our only use for the EAD so far haha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

UPD: Just after I complained about my EAD card, the status of my application changed to "Card is being produced". YAY! (I wonder if USCIS officers visit this site.....:)))))I am so excited that I will finally be able to get a new driver's licence, open a bank account and apply for a job! 
Hope everyone else won't have to wait for it long. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline
31 minutes ago, PyGP04 said:

Awesome!! Thanks for the update. I'm reassured everything is at least moving. 

Yes, there is another guy from Raleigh…we have the same timeline, but his work permit was issued a month ago. So everything depends on the officer i assume. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Olga88 said:

Yes, there is another guy from Raleigh…we have the same timeline, but his work permit was issued a month ago. So everything depends on the officer i assume. 

Got it. Has he gotten a GC interview yet?

Timeline
1 minute ago, PyGP04 said:

Got it. Has he gotten a GC interview yet?

no, he doesn’t have one yet. I was checking Raleigh timeline on this website. Looks like they are working on January aos filers 🤦🏽‍♀️ Crazy how behind they are comparing to the other locations. 

Timeline

Today I received an approval notice of my EAD. My card is still coming. In the notice it states that it also has an advance parole. And can be used to re-entry to the states. Does it mean it’s a combo card and I shouldn’t expect a different card for my advance parole? 

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Still no word on our GC. We filed originally over a year ago and received the combo card a few months ago. Is there some sort of escalation for the GC? This seems excessive. Being processed in Jacksonville, FL fwiw

51 minutes ago, jammer742 said:

We filed originally over a year ago and received the combo card a few months ago. Is there some sort of escalation for the GC? This seems excessive. Being processed in Jacksonville, FL fwiw

Current processing estimate for I-485 at Jacksonville FL is 21 months -- https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

If your case has been pending for less than that, then it is within normal processing time, nothing to escalate.  If pending for more than 21 months, you may file a USCIS case inquiry for "Out of Normal Processing Time".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, Chancy said:

Current processing estimate for I-485 at Jacksonville FL is 21 months -- https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

If your case has been pending for less than that, then it is within normal processing time, nothing to escalate.  If pending for more than 21 months, you may file a USCIS case inquiry for "Out of Normal Processing Time".

Haha thank you for providing this. It is just comical at this point.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
42 minutes ago, jammer742 said:

Haha thank you for providing this. It is just comical at this point.

USCIS website was showing 12 month processing for Reno two weeks ago and when I tried to open a case, it said I was not allowed to contact them until August 2023 (July 2021 Filer). Then I just checked now, the processing time for Reno changed to 29.5 months. You're right, the best thing to do at this point is to remain calm and hopeful. I am looking at it in a positive way---> I don't mind waiting for another 8 months hoping for an interview in March 2023 because by then, we will have been married for 2 years so I will get a 10 year green card.

I received my I-131 last year and it is expiring this October. I just sent a "renewal" application. My I-765 is expiring in Nov 2023 so I will make sure to watch that so that I can file the earliest opportunity possible for renewal. I dropped the ball on renewing my I-131 because USCIS processing time kept saying 12 months and all of a sudden, they changed it to 29.5 months.

Any other July 2021 filers waiting? I was hopeful in the beginning since there was a post from someone who got her green card in Reno within 3 months last year around the time that we filed. :D 

Timeline
On 8/5/2022 at 1:15 PM, jammer742 said:

Still no word on our GC. We filed originally over a year ago and received the combo card a few months ago. Is there some sort of escalation for the GC? This seems excessive. Being processed in Jacksonville, FL fwiw

Same here. I got my combo card and that’s it. Im getting my real state ID through the work permit. At least something. 

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Olga88 said:

@PyGP04 yesterday me and another guy from Raleigh got a RFE. Did u get anything? 

Thanks for letting me know things are *actually* moving! No, we didn't get anything. Let me know what your RFE is for. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.