Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 4/6/2022 at 10:55 AM, NataliaM said:

Thank you!

I definitely can, but I am not sure if it is going to be anything new. She did mention that they look at things you have together and obligations together. Like loans, car insurances, utility bills from random months, joint bank account statements and tax returns filed together, and kids birth certificates (if any). 

My friend was approved for resident.  She had interview March 21 and approval April 9 2022.

Enamorada

Timeline
On 4/1/2022 at 9:08 AM, FayeAlexandra said:

Hey! Mine is also in Chicago in 2 weeks. Our attorney told us there are roughly 20 immigration officers in the Chicago office. But only half of them have the authority to make a decision on the day.  They are usually approved within 7 working days. Keep an eye on your online USCIS account. Bonus points for living in Chicago as GC's are printed in Missouri so once approved they come very quickly.

My friend was approved on April 9. Her intervention was March 21.

Enamorada

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Finally got a notification yesterday that our combo card is approved! Still waiting on tracking info and the actual mail with that information. It only says for EAD on USCIS, but the letter says combo card.

No word on our green card application, still waiting on an interview date.

Edited by jammer742
Clarification

Timeline

Turns out card says delivered yesterday april 16 but its not at home. Zip code shows atty location so maybe its at atty office will know monday. 

Enamorada

We had our GC interview at the Chicago office on Thursday last week. We attended with our attorney. Interview was less than 30 mins. Asked the typical questions of how we met, had we met each others families etc. He did not approve on the day because he said he needed to review some of the documents. Logged into USCIS account on Friday morning and the status had been updated to case approved. So happy the wait is over. Once the card is received does anyone know the steps for applying for your social security? Our attorney advised us the option was not on our version of the form to pre apply. 

17 hours ago, FayeAlexandra said:

We had our GC interview at the Chicago office on Thursday last week. We attended with our attorney. Interview was less than 30 mins. Asked the typical questions of how we met, had we met each others families etc. He did not approve on the day because he said he needed to review some of the documents. Logged into USCIS account on Friday morning and the status had been updated to case approved. So happy the wait is over. Once the card is received does anyone know the steps for applying for your social security? Our attorney advised us the option was not on our version of the form to pre apply. 

Congratulations!

I received my green card on April 4th and had an appointment at the local ssa office to apply for my SSN the day after. (Our I-485 version was also the older one without the ssn option and I never got my EAD) I'm waiting for a case update ever since, it's been only 2 weeks now but still a little frustrating. Go to your local ssa office and apply for a ssn as soon as possible! I brought all sorts of documents to the appointment just in case, they didn't need all of them (passport, green card, birth certificate, marriage license, the application form itself)

4 hours ago, Verocopter said:

Congratulations!

I received my green card on April 4th and had an appointment at the local ssa office to apply for my SSN the day after. (Our I-485 version was also the older one without the ssn option and I never got my EAD) I'm waiting for a case update ever since, it's been only 2 weeks now but still a little frustrating. Go to your local ssa office and apply for a ssn as soon as possible! I brought all sorts of documents to the appointment just in case, they didn't need all of them (passport, green card, birth certificate, marriage license, the application form itself)

I don't seem to be able to book an appointment with my local office. it has opening hours and just suggests you turn up? You have not received your SSN for two weeks since your appointment? Thats annoying. I don't start my job until June 20th so hopefully that gives me some time!

3 minutes ago, FayeAlexandra said:

I don't seem to be able to book an appointment with my local office. it has opening hours and just suggests you turn up? You have not received your SSN for two weeks since your appointment? Thats annoying. I don't start my job until June 20th so hopefully that gives me some time!

Then just go there I think. There were no walk-ins possible when I went, maybe that has changed by now. 

No, no SSN since April 5th, the Case Tracker says "Case Under Review"

7 hours ago, Verocopter said:

Then just go there I think. There were no walk-ins possible when I went, maybe that has changed by now. 

No, no SSN since April 5th, the Case Tracker says "Case Under Review"

How many days did your Green Card take to arrive in the mail?

Timeline

Still waiting on our case to be updated, 71 days after our interview when we were told we would be approved.  Our attorney suspects the case is in some sort of limbo and won't be updated until we pass the 15 month processing time, which would put us in October.  At this point, I'm just hoping they don't send out an RFE to cover their failure to process our application in a timely manner. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Is there anyone who hasn't received their EAD card yet? 

I am frustrated and annoyed. It has been 10 months already since I had applied. I know I am still within the processing time range, but It just feels very unfair that a lot of people who had applied 2-4 months later and they have already received their EAD card. I am not even talking about GC interviews. I know that with my Sacramento office I should not expect anything this year:(((

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

@sweetlana I didn’t get any EAD or GC interview as well. And i am in North Carolina…don’t understand how it could be slower than FL or TX 😂 but here I am. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
1 hour ago, Olga88 said:

@sweetlana I didn’t get any EAD or GC interview as well. And i am in North Carolina…don’t understand how it could be slower than FL or TX 😂 but here I am. 

Same. Still waiting in NC. Starting to get really irritated. 😪

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, PyGP04 said:

Same. Still waiting in NC. Starting to get really irritated. 😪

So sorry about that :(((  Thanks for letting me know. I feel better knowing that I am not the only one in this "boat". Hope we all receive some good news soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.