Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Olislusan said:

Nothing really!
I contacted USCIS, talked with Tier 2 Officers not once but way more, and they said my case is all ready papers signed and just waiting for an appointment. We are now reaching 60 days, and still, there is no communique from them. It is really hard when left in the dark!

Aww no. I hope they come back to you with a new date soon. I think your case is with the same office as mine (NYC) so hopefully it won't be long now.

I had my interview this morning. It was busy but we didn't have to wait long to be seen. We were asked where and how we met, when we married, date of birth and other questions regarding our identity plus the security questions mentioned elsewhere in this thread. At the end of the interview, we were told that I'd been approved and would receive the green card in the mail (est. at 7-21 days) and to make sure I applied for the 10 year green card 90 days before the 2 year card expires in 2024. We were in and out in about an hour.

Finally got our interview date!

Date filed AOS / EAD / AP (sent to Chicago office):  July 27th 2021

Bio appointment: Sept 21st 2021

Interview scheduled by USCIS on:  March 8th 2021

Interview date: April 14th 2021

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2022 at 12:53 PM, B&O0302 said:

my fiance had her interview on 3/15 and got approved 3/16 finally she is getting her greencard :)

Congrats! My green card has just arrived so yours should be with you pretty quickly also :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello a friend of mine had her interview today but got no answer regarding approval. What is normal time to get an update on a case in chicago. They are a little worried and just want to give her some ideas.

Enamorada

Hello all,

I just came back from my 6:45 am interview in Boston. (Yes, it was really that early 😃)

Everything went well and smooth and I got approved on the spot. The Officer was very friendly and the whole procedure felt rather like a normal conversation than an immigration interview. He said I will see the card in the mail within 2 weeks. He also said that my EAD and AP requests will most likely be denied since I got approved for the greencard.

Good luck to everyone who still has to do the interview!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 9:39 PM, ocjmakaveli said:

Hello a friend of mine had her interview today but got no answer regarding approval. What is normal time to get an update on a case in chicago. They are a little worried and just want to give her some ideas.

Hey! Mine is also in Chicago in 2 weeks. Our attorney told us there are roughly 20 immigration officers in the Chicago office. But only half of them have the authority to make a decision on the day.  They are usually approved within 7 working days. Keep an eye on your online USCIS account. Bonus points for living in Chicago as GC's are printed in Missouri so once approved they come very quickly.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, FayeAlexandra said:

Hey! Mine is also in Chicago in 2 weeks. Our attorney told us there are roughly 20 immigration officers in the Chicago office. But only half of them have the authority to make a decision on the day.  They are usually approved within 7 working days. Keep an eye on your online USCIS account. Bonus points for living in Chicago as GC's are printed in Missouri so once approved they come very quickly.

Its been 12 days with no update yet.  Just waiting. 

Enamorada

7 minutes ago, ocjmakaveli said:

Its been 12 days with no update yet.  Just waiting. 

No changes to your online account?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, FayeAlexandra said:

No changes to your online account?

The case status still say interview scheduled and interview was 12 day ago

Enamorada

Timeline

We had our interview on 2/14 and were told we were approved, but the case tracker has not updated and still reads interview scheduled.  We are now 49 days out.  I called last Friday and was told that there some sort of movement and our case was touched last Friday 3/25, but still no updates.  I'm told its not uncommon but still very frustrating being in limbo...  Hopefully yours gets processed faster than ours.

On 4/1/2022 at 11:26 AM, ocjmakaveli said:

The case status still say interview scheduled and interview was 12 day ago

Edited by HBundle
Meant to quote ocjmakaveli

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

We just got back from our interview, it was easy and we got verbal approve!

We came 15 minutes before the time, got checked in, and waited till they call us.

The officer called us in exactly on scheduled time, asked us to swear to tell the truth.

Then she mentioned that everything is computerized now, so she will has to go through her computer a little without asking much questions. She was doing some side talks, and made this really easy and comfortable. She confirmed some of the personal information, asked if I submitted the medical.

I did a new medical just in case, because since my last time it’s already been over a year, she took it and said it’s a good thing I did, because “technically it’s expired”.

She asked if I work, what was my last job, and then she asked what we brought as a proof of our relationships. We gave her lease agreement, tax return, joint account proof, health insurance and pictures.

she asked if we have car insurance, but I don’t drive now, so now.

then she said she will approve me today, and explained the next process of removing the conditions really in details, mentioning which documents have weight to proof the relationship.

5 minutes ago, NataliaM said:

We just got back from our interview, it was easy and we got verbal approve!

We came 15 minutes before the time, got checked in, and waited till they call us.

The officer called us in exactly on scheduled time, asked us to swear to tell the truth.

Then she mentioned that everything is computerized now, so she will has to go through her computer a little without asking much questions. She was doing some side talks, and made this really easy and comfortable. She confirmed some of the personal information, asked if I submitted the medical.

I did a new medical just in case, because since my last time it’s already been over a year, she took it and said it’s a good thing I did, because “technically it’s expired”.

She asked if I work, what was my last job, and then she asked what we brought as a proof of our relationships. We gave her lease agreement, tax return, joint account proof, health insurance and pictures.

she asked if we have car insurance, but I don’t drive now, so now.

then she said she will approve me today, and explained the next process of removing the conditions really in details, mentioning which documents have weight to proof the relationship.

Congratulations 🍾!!! 
could you please share the last part of your message - about the documents that weight to proof the relationship at the time of removing the conditions in 18 months from approval date right ? 
what type of documents they mentioned. 
Thanks 😊 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
34 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Congratulations 🍾!!! 
could you please share the last part of your message - about the documents that weight to proof the relationship at the time of removing the conditions in 18 months from approval date right ? 
what type of documents they mentioned. 
Thanks 😊 

Thank you!

I definitely can, but I am not sure if it is going to be anything new. She did mention that they look at things you have together and obligations together. Like loans, car insurances, utility bills from random months, joint bank account statements and tax returns filed together, and kids birth certificates (if any). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.