Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2021 at 7:57 PM, uapilot said:

Yes, I believe we got both of them about 10 days after the electronic notice. And yes, both are 2 year conditionals. In fact, I think you're supposed to file for a GC replacement if it is not conditional, even though that would be an error on their end. People say you'll have loads of trouble if you don't.

Hello 👋🏻 @uapilot

just wanted to check with you- when you received your electronic notice about green card approval - did it also mention about appearing for a biometrics and photo interview again? I got my electronic notice for GC approval today, but it mentioned they might send another notice about the venue and time for biometrics/photo. If I did not get a notice within 90 days to contact USCIS. 
I’m a bit confused here now 🙁

Edited by RishDan
Name

1 hour ago, RishDan said:

Hello 👋🏻 @uapilot

just wanted to check with you- when you received your electronic notice about green card approval - did it also mention about appearing for a biometrics and photo interview again? I got my electronic notice for GC approval today, but it mentioned they might send another notice about the venue and time for biometrics/photo. If I did not get a notice within 90 days to contact USCIS. 
I’m a bit confused here now 🙁

Sorry @uapilot , I re-read the Notice again 🤭

It says- “You MAYBE required to report for biometrics/ photo” 

and “ IF you’re required to report we will send another notice” 

I missed both key words MAYBE and IF when I read the notice in my half asleep 😴 mode at the first time. 
TIA 

5 hours ago, RishDan said:

Sorry @uapilot , I re-read the Notice again 🤭

It says- “You MAYBE required to report for biometrics/ photo” 

and “ IF you’re required to report we will send another notice” 

I missed both key words MAYBE and IF when I read the notice in my half asleep 😴 mode at the first time. 
TIA 

Hey congrats on your interview! Did you just get scheduled for an interview? So no AP or EAD in the meantime? Can you start working now or do you have to wait for the GC to arrive?

3 minutes ago, FayeAlexandra said:

Hey congrats on your interview! Did you just get scheduled for an interview? So no AP or EAD in the meantime? Can you start working now or do you have to wait for the GC to arrive?

Hello @FayeAlexandra

Thanks. No, I had my GC interview on 20 Jan ,2022 and got the Approval electronic notice today - Jan 22, 2022.

The officer said if you’re scheduled for the GC Interview before you get your AP and EAD, then you don’t need the other two. 
the GC gives you the right to work automatically as you’re a permanent resident now.

Yes, I’ll have to wait for the GC to arrive before I start working.

I received a case update email on Friday: testing and interview! The email says an interview has been scheduled and to wait for the letter. No electronic copy on the portal or mention of the date yet. 

Congratulations to everyone who've been approved so far ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Just wanna share our AOS timeline and experience❤️

(San Bernardino, CA)

July 21, 2021: Completed and Sent our packet
August 30: Biometrics scheduled
September 22: RFE (IRS transcript for 2020)
September 27: Received the response for RFE
December 15: Approved and Interview scheduled
January 21: Interview
January 22: Checked and Case Approved!!

(Interview: took 20-25 mins)
Went for our interview last Friday and we waited almost 3 hours after our scheduled time to be interviewed. The officer called us and said to wait 10-15 minutes for her to call us back for our interview. My husband and I went in together and she asked for our ID’s. She asked for our marriage certificate and Husband’s birth certificate because apparently some of out papers are not in there. Asked us if we were sure that we sent everything and we said yes.

After that, questions were asked. She mostly asked my husband. She asked about when and where we have met, if he met my parents, asked to see our rings, and asked us if we have any questions for her. 

Then she asked about the yes/no questions that’s in the form. (Mostly about being imprisoned or committing crimes). Then after that she explained about how long it will take to process and said she will review our papers!

Checked today and case approved ❤️

22 hours ago, midsummer said:

I received a case update email on Friday: testing and interview! The email says an interview has been scheduled and to wait for the letter. No electronic copy on the portal or mention of the date yet. 

Congratulations to everyone who've been approved so far ❤️

You can request the interview date and time on USCIS's website via emma. Just say "live agent" then "greencard" when you're prompted. They won't give you the notice, just the date of the interview. I think ours took 7-10 business days to arrive by USPS.

Hi All, I received a I693 Deficiency notice in the mail today. My lawyer said it acts as a reminder book your medical once your interview is scheduled (mine has not been scheduled yet). He also said this means they have finished processing your case and you'll likely be scheduled for an interview soon? Anyone have any experience of getting an I693 and the time line until interview was scheduled?

5 minutes ago, FayeAlexandra said:

Hi All, I received a I693 Deficiency notice in the mail today. My lawyer said it acts as a reminder book your medical once your interview is scheduled (mine has not been scheduled yet). He also said this means they have finished processing your case and you'll likely be scheduled for an interview soon? Anyone have any experience of getting an I693 and the time line until interview was scheduled?

Received my 693 in September and no interview in sight 💀

asdf

14 hours ago, FayeAlexandra said:

I'm not sure what visa you're adjusting from, but this is the K1/K3 forum. Everyone in here had overseas medicals done which are good for 1 year, so the AOS medical should be waived.

18 hours ago, FayeAlexandra said:

That's normal receiving I693 notice. Like you lawyer said, wait for Interview to be scheduled, and then book an appointment to do your medicals. In the meantime, it's all a waiting game. There's no specific timeline when interview will be scheduled. It all depends on your field office. I've been waiting for interview last 6 months and I haven't done my medical yet. Just like everyone, I also got the I693 notice. Good luck.

13 hours ago, molehills said:

I'm not sure what visa you're adjusting from, but this is the K1/K3 forum. Everyone in here had overseas medicals done which are good for 1 year, so the AOS medical should be waived.

Aware its mainly for K1 this is also an AOS forum. I adjusted status once I was in the US, when I was visiting my husband and decided to stay. Hence no medical on entry. 

9 hours ago, Waiting_4Ever said:

That's normal receiving I693 notice. Like you lawyer said, wait for Interview to be scheduled, and then book an appointment to do your medicals. In the meantime, it's all a waiting game. There's no specific timeline when interview will be scheduled. It all depends on your field office. I've been waiting for interview last 6 months and I haven't done my medical yet. Just like everyone, I also got the I693 notice. Good luck.

OK thanks nothing to be excited about then

7 minutes ago, FayeAlexandra said:

Aware its mainly for K1 this is also an AOS forum. I adjusted status once I was in the US, when I was visiting my husband and decided to stay. Hence no medical on entry. 

There is a whole AOS forum for those adjusting from other visas such as tourist, work and student (most of them marriage based). It also has a July group. Just an fyi

6 hours ago, FayeAlexandra said:

OK thanks nothing to be excited about then

What Powerpuff said. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.