390 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey Guys! Do you now if they ask you to show your expired green card at either the I-751 interview or citizenship interview? I have a pending I-751 but decided to file for citizenship at the end of May based on 3 year rule. However, my car got broken into last night and my wallet with my green card was taken. I really don't want to have to replace my green card since 1. It's expired  2. It's about $455. Does anyone have any insight on this? Would really appreciate it, thanks! 

5 hours ago, peruvianflake said:

Hey Guys! Do you now if they ask you to show your expired green card at either the I-751 interview or citizenship interview? I have a pending I-751 but decided to file for citizenship at the end of May based on 3 year rule. However, my car got broken into last night and my wallet with my green card was taken. I really don't want to have to replace my green card since 1. It's expired  2. It's about $455. Does anyone have any insight on this? Would really appreciate it, thanks! 

Your best bet is to consult an attorney or post your question at https://www.visajourney.com/ask/

IMO, I would contact USCIS and tell them about the situation and ask for next steps. Or, I will file for a replacement card which will act as a proof during an interview and oath ceremony that a card was lost and requested a new one.

I understand that it's additional $$$ but do you want to take a risk by not getting replacement/letting USCIS know that you lost your green card rather than having proof and get through it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

The Biden-Harris Administration is committed to making the naturalization process both welcoming and accessible to all who are eligible. As part of that effort, President Biden issued Executive Order 14012: Restoring Faith in Our Legal Immigration System and Strengthening Integration and Inclusion Efforts for New Americans. Since the beginning of the Biden-Harris Administration, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has issued the following naturalization policies designed to support implementation of this Executive Order:

• Naturalization Eligibility and Voter Registration Through a State’s Benefit Application Process
  • On May 27, 2021, USCIS published guidance regarding an applicant’s registration to vote through a state’s department of motor vehicles or other state benefit application process and the effects on an applicant’s good moral character.
  • This guidance also clarified that USCIS will not penalize applicants who unknowingly or unwillfully register to vote, and that USCIS does not consider an applicant to have unlawfully registered to vote if they did not complete or sign the voter registration section.
  • Veterans Residing Outside the United States and Naturalization
  • On May 28, 2021, USCIS published guidance to clarify that certain naturalization applications filed by veterans of the U.S. armed forces who served honorably during specifically designated periods of hostility and meet all other statutory requirements for naturalization are able to naturalize and become U.S. citizens in accordance with U.S. immigration laws. 

Overseas Military Naturalization Process:

USCIS is utilizing video capabilities for interviews and naturalization ceremonies at Department of Defense facilities for eligible military members and their qualifying family members stationed overseas. The first naturalization ceremony by remote video occurred on March 29, 2021.

FY21 Citizenship and Integration Grants Program:

On May 17, 20121, USCIS started accepting applications for two funding opportunities under the FY21 Grant Program that will provide up to $10 million in grants for citizenship preparation programs in communities across the country. This is the agency’s 13th year operating the grant program. Obviously, this year the announcement takes on special importance as we emphasize our commitment to welcoming immigrants and giving them the tools, they need to pursue the benefits of U.S citizenship. This year is the first-time organizations will have two months to apply.  Also, this year we increased our outreach efforts through public engagements and webinars.

Office-to-Office Interviews:

To help meet the requirements of physical distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, USCIS deployed the use of video interviews for naturalization applicants, where an applicant comes to a USCIS facility but sits in a different room than the interviewing officer who conducts the interview using video technology.

• USCIS processed over 180,000 naturalization applications between March and April 2021.
  • This has allowed USCIS to return to pre-pandemic levels when it comes to completing naturalization applications.

Outstanding Americans by Choice (ABC) Initiative:

This initiative recognizes the outstanding achievements of naturalized U.S. citizens. Through civic participation, professional achievement, and responsible citizenship, recipients of this honor have demonstrated their commitment to this country and to the common civic values that unite us as Americans. Last recognizing a recipient in November 2017, USCIS has since revitalized the ABC initiative and has recognized the following individuals to date:

• In a naturalization ceremony celebrating Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month in May, USCIS recognized Sandy Hoa Dang and Dr. Nguyen Dinh Thang.
  • In a naturalization ceremony with Second Gentleman of the United States Doug Emhoff to honor World Refugee Day in June, USCIS recognized Immaculée Ilibagiza.
  • We also expect to recognize an ABC recipient who is a “COVID-19 hero” during a special Independence Day-themed naturalization ceremony.

The says on here that USCIS processed over 180,000 naturalization applications between March and April 2021.

Hello. I submitted my N400 June 1st 2021 with pending I751.  I filed based on 3 year rule . But I didn't get biometric reuse. Does it mean I have to undergo another bio appointment?.

This was seen in italics after submitting::: 

These completion projections are based on case processing for applicants who have been lawful permanent residents for at least 5 years. For all other applicants, completion projections may vary. 

why this projection??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Limba said:

Hello. I submitted my N400 June 1st 2021 with pending I751.  I filed based on 3 year rule . But I didn't get biometric reuse. Does it mean I have to undergo another bio appointment?.

These completion projections are based on case processing for applicants who have been lawful permanent residents for at least 5 years. For all other applicants, completion projections may vary. 

why this projection??

Could be coming. Just be patient. We've only just begun...

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Hello Everyone small update regarding our case, We applied N-400 under 3 years rule (I 751 still pending since April 2020). We got the N-400 interview notice for August 2021. I hope we will get combo interview and end our USCIS journey.

(Local office is Columbus OH)

Edited by Sutlac26

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sutlac26 said:

Hello Everyone small update regarding our case, We applied N-400 under 3 years rule (I 751 still pending since April 2020). We got the N-400 interview notice for August 2021. I hope we will get combo interview and end our USCIS journey.

Wow! That's crazy quick! You should fill out a timeline so it updates "Igor's List" numbers. :)

Edited by bsd058

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 7/2/2021 at 1:41 AM, Limba said:

why this projection??

Everyone has that same text associated with the projection. It is a new way of calculating it (since approximately May 2021). But I haven't seen any projected dates that match up with real case dates yet.

Edited by Suudsu
Corrected date from April 2021 to May 2021.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 hours ago, Sutlac26 said:

Did you really just file in June? Wondering because I don't see another post from you in this thread to update,  you don't have a timeline filled out(please do, thanks), and this would be ultra fast if so.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

An uncalled-for reply, plus two reaction quoting it, have been removed.  Knock it off, please.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
52 minutes ago, humming bird said:

bsd058 please guide me how to fill the timeline.

Thank you!

****found it***

You still need help or did you figure it out?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I filed by mail and on the same day that USCIS received my package, they input my Receipt number online and sent me my notice! I also saw what they destroyed on my file! I applied for my I-751 last year, so I’m used to send lots of documentation even if it wasn’t required 😅

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/10/2021 at 12:48 AM, valentinasc said:

I only lived in the US for 9 months and then moved here to Japan 😅 so I sent my biometrics with my ROC packet.

And my RFIE was asking me to respond back with a location in the US or US territory for me to fly to an attend my I-751 interview. I gave them a location but also mentioned that in a month I was going to be elegible for expedited overseas processing, and to please merge my I-751 and N-400 interview together. USCIS response to it was that they approved my I-751 😄 I have my new GC in hand and applying for my N-400 in 2 weeks so I can't complain 🥰

We're back in here for one last ride  😂

Seriously I don’t want to stress myself again after the i130 back then in 2018. Omg, I’m just taking it one at a time now sis after all we are already here with our spouse 😂😂😂

I finally filed the N-400 online today as well and i hope I get a combo interview.  its moving really quick, I mean the for electronic filers.

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Edited by Abies

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Just now, Abies said:

Seriously I don’t want to stress myself again after the i130 back then in 2018. Omg, I’m just taking it one at a time now sis after all we are already here with our spouse 😂😂😂

I finally filed the N-400 online today as well. Hopefully it goes real quick as I have been seeing.

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Right?! The I-130 was a nightmare!!
My case’s status is currently at “Case is actively Reviewed by USCIS” and a Naturalization Officer emailed me that once background checks are completed, they’ll send my case to my Local Field Office, so it looks like things will be faster indeed. Good luck and let’s keep this post updated! It’s nice to see others going through the same and advancing with this “almost at the finish line” process 😂 

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.