R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,639 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
8 minutes ago, SophH said:

I just had my interview this morning and was very straight forward and have been approved. I was wondering when you have to pay the immigrant fee as I didn't get anything when I was there, does the information on how to pay come with your passport? Thanks 

Wait until you get your visa. Right now you haven’t been issued a visa (yet).

USCIS pages that  take you to payment after a bunch of explaining  https://my.uscis.gov/uscis-immigrant-fee

7 minutes ago, Charlie87 said:

When is the new appointment ready to be registered? I have just tried and it says that your case is not ready? Do you have to wait 24hrs?

Yea, I'd say wait a day. I tried on the same day but it didn't work so give it a day. 

5 minutes ago, Shal_Ohol said:

Just got my passport in the post with the visa in it :D and a piece of paper with more information. I am so excited!!!!! 

Awesome stuff!! 👏👏

5 hours ago, txdoc said:

Wife had her interview today, went really well! They kept her passport and said they’re going to issue the visa once they receive medical (waiting for TB cultures). Meanwhile, they gave her an orange form (221-G). 

Didn’t ask for any documents. Overall she said it was a very pleasant experience. 

Congratulations!!
How many days before the interview did she have her medical done? Just wondering thanks. 

5 hours ago, Rachyu said:

Hi, may I ask how you can see how many Interviews are being done? What is the website you can see on? And do I need to be documentation approved before being able to see? Thank you in advance :)

If you are going down the IR1/CR1 route then you will need to wait until the NVC has approved your documents at which point you will become ‘documentary qualified’.

You will then need to wait for an email from the NVC which notifies you of an appointment at the Embassy. The date is automatically chosen for you.

The average time at the moment between becoming DQ and getting an interview date is approximately 3-4 months.

8 hours ago, Charlie87 said:

If you are going down the IR1/CR1 route then you will need to wait until the NVC has approved your documents at which point you will become ‘documentary qualified’.

You will then need to wait for an email from the NVC which notifies you of an appointment at the Embassy. The date is automatically chosen for you.

The average time at the moment between becoming DQ and getting an interview date is approximately 3-4 months.

Thank you for this help. 
I understand the process, I am just looking for a little hope as we have been living apart for almost 2 years now. 
We were sent to NVC on Jan 11th so we should be DQ’d in the next week or so (based on their current timelines). 
We are just trying to work out when we should be expecting our next steps to come and wondered how everyone seems to know what seems like insider information. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rachyu said:

We are just trying to work out when we should be expecting our next steps to come and wondered how everyone seems to know what seems like insider information. :)

This thread is very long and if you read all of it you would see that people tell their updates and when they got notified of their interview dates. So they try to find patterns...like mid month has been when the latest people in London have been notified. But all who thought they had it figured out were thrown in January when nobody in this thread got notified of a date. It’s speculation and prediction. There’s no website with official information. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.