R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,639 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

The status can jump back and forth. Ready, AP, issued.  Or Ready, AP, Ready, Issued. 
You might miss the changes unless you checked at just the right time.

Your visa is not approved until it says Issued, no matter what you are told at the interview. There are final security checks in a database (or extra databases for some) during that Administrative Processing. That can last a couple of hours, to two weeks, to a year. All those scenarios have been played out in this UK forum for London visas.

Thnaks for that - It makes sense, different scenarios for different individuals I suppose. I'll update once I get my passport back. 

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

That can last a couple of hours, to two weeks, to a year.

A year??? Gosh, how often does that happen?? I sure hope none of us have that experience lol!

event.png

ROC Timeline:

• December 24, 2022: 90-day window opened
  • December 27, 2022: Sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox
  • December 29, 2022: Delivered
  • December 30, 2022: Case marked as received
  • January 5, 2023: Text message received 
  • January 11, 2023: NOA1 letter received, dated January 4, 2023
  • April 12, 2023: 48-month extension letter received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Reagan & Vish said:

A year??? Gosh, how often does that happen?? I sure hope none of us have that experience lol!

Not often. It is more likely for those born or making frequent visits to know terrorist countries. If your name happens to match a name (or parent name) on a terrorist hit list, they have to go through a few or many steps to verify you are not the same person. Sometimes it involves a requesting an information check or even requesting documents from another embassy. Well you can imagine that dragging on depending on how long it takes to request and how long that other country takes to respond. Then London getting back to reviewing. 

We did have one who was just a regular, born British, no foreign ancestry or connection, with no suspect job like bomb making, person who got delayed and she never found out why. They keep all that info secret and will not tell what they are looking for during that longer AP or how long it might take. It lasted a couple of months before she got her visa. It remains a puzzle.

4 minutes ago, Arthur2021 said:

Congrats to those of you who were approved this week! Is there any news on the next round of interviews yet?

Fingers crossed for tomorrow for the release of next batch

5 hours ago, kjmaiwen said:

I can't believe I'm writing this BUT...I've just received my passport!! So interview Monday morning, passport received Wednesday morning. Unbelievable turnaround.

It doesn't include a social security number. Does anyone know if/when you get that? 

It also says it expires on 30 June 2021. Is anyone aware what that means should I need to come in and out of the US if you don't have a physical Green Card, which apparently can take up to six months to arrive?

Still in shock that it's here! 

I just received my social security card in the post, it took just over a week to arrive from when I entered the US. So now just waiting for my green card to arrive too - I paid my fee before I left the UK. I am impressed how quickly they are processing things! Congratulations on getting you passport back - it's such a relief!!

17 hours ago, Charlie87 said:

Fingers crossed for tomorrow for the release of next batch

Thanks for your reply, do they usually do 2 months of DQ's per month of interviews? Just wondering if there is any rhyme or reason or not haha. I scrolled back and saw Oct/Nov got  interviews in March? So will it be Dec/Jan for April interviews? When did you DQ? We've got a while to go as we were only ready beginning of March. 

1 minute ago, Arthur2021 said:

Thanks for your reply, do they usually do 2 months of DQ's per month of interviews? Just wondering if there is any rhyme or reason or not haha. I scrolled back and saw Oct/Nov got  interviews in March? So will it be Dec/Jan for April interviews? When did you DQ? We've got a while to go as we were only ready beginning of March. 

Not sure. In January there were zero interview dates released. The pattern keeps changing due to Covid etc.

let’s see how it goes. They were last released on 11th Feb. Could be today or next week.. or next month! 

Hello guys,

my wife’s interview is all set for March 23, but the medical people at Knightsbridge called and said they found something on her chest X-ray, and she needs to do sputum cultures, the whole process takes 6-8 weeks. They said go ahead with the interview, and we’ll send the results once we have them. Should we go ahead with March 23 interview and wait for them to send the results, or should I try to change the appointment date for a later date?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
45 minutes ago, txdoc said:

Should we go ahead with March 23 interview and wait for them to send the results, or should I try to change the appointment date for a later date?

Attend the interview.

5 hours ago, txdoc said:

Hello guys,

my wife’s interview is all set for March 23, but the medical people at Knightsbridge called and said they found something on her chest X-ray, and she needs to do sputum cultures, the whole process takes 6-8 weeks. They said go ahead with the interview, and we’ll send the results once we have them. Should we go ahead with March 23 interview and wait for them to send the results, or should I try to change the appointment date for a later date?

Does she have to go back to Knightsbridge again or can it be done at a local GP?

Am I right to assume that linked family cases are processed together at the embassy? 

My child was DQd on 6 Jan and husband on 15 Jan. Will their interview date be scheduled at the same time? 

Good luck to all those eagerly awaiting the next interview batch :)

Morning all. Are we expecting a new batch of interviews today? I would have thought that they won’t release them much later than today or tomorrow as its not long enough notice for those interviews at the start of April.

hopefully they don’t skip this month like they did Jan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.