R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,591 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shal_Ohol said:

For people who have had their interview, how long does it take and is it smooth process. I don't know why but I am really nervous about this. 

There’s a bunch of visa interview reviews to read. Find the menu item “Office Reviews and Info” then  drill down to find London.

3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

There’s a bunch of visa interview reviews to read. Find the menu item “Office Reviews and Info” then  drill down to find London.

Thank you!!!! I've read through a few now and feel bit better about tomorrow. Really appreciate this. 

Thank you!!!! I've read through a few now and feel bit better about tomorrow. Really appreciate this. 

Best of luck tomorrow! We are so eager to hear your results! My husband will be traveling down to London tomorrow and staying at the Travelodge. Be sure to let us know how it goes and if it was as easy as the reviews say! 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

• December 24, 2022: 90-day window opened
  • December 27, 2022: Sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox
  • December 29, 2022: Delivered
  • December 30, 2022: Case marked as received
  • January 5, 2023: Text message received 
  • January 11, 2023: NOA1 letter received, dated January 4, 2023
  • April 12, 2023: 48-month extension letter received

Sean just got in last night! He had a bit of trouble at Heathrow with United because they struggled to check him in. They had several supervisors and someone had to make a call to the US to confirm that his visa was valid/figure out how to check him in? But they did confirm it and he was let through. He got through Immigration at Dulles but he said. it would be wise to make sure you have a few hours layover at least as it did take a while (luckily his flight was early so he had extra time!)

We are feeling very lucky and grateful to everyone here for sharing their experience :)

How long is the wait for your passport back from the embassy after your interview? A day after my interview the status changed from ready to admistrative processing and it's been like that for a week. Could someone kindly share their experience when waiting for your passports?

Edited by Blanca777

3 hours ago, Blanca777 said:

How long is the wait for your passport back from the embassy after your interview? A day after my interview the status changed from ready to admistrative processing and it's been like that for a week. Could someone kindly share their experience when waiting for your passports?

Mine took just under two weeks recently.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I feel so silly for being worried about the interview but it was an absolute breeze. I got there early, but the wait wasn't too bad at all. 

No matter if people say how easy it is 100 times, the ones going to interview are always panicked before hand. If you will copy what you wrote and put it in the review place, it will help others. Nobody wades through this entire thread or it’s predecessor to read what people said. They just ask again, over and over.

1. Copy your review.
  2. Go to your timeline and find “Submit Review” with the yellow exclamation point.
  3. Paste your review. . 

People always want to know what documents you had to present, so you might want to name them instead of saying civil documents.

ALSO Update your timeline with Approved on “Interview Result” and again with the date you get the visa back and the date you enter the US.

Congratulations on today.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:13 AM, Zeppeli said:

I'm devastated. I'm staying with family in England and my aunt picked up covid so I have to self isolate. My interview was this Thursday 😔

I'm guessing I just call them on Monday? Or will an email suffice? Not quite sure what to do.

Hey I have the same problem I had to miss my interview yesterday 8th of March due to self isolate. How did you rebook? How long did it take? I have been checking on my online account all morning and it’s says no appointments available for London. Please help with what you did thanks 

1 hour ago, Smera said:

Hey I have the same problem I had to miss my interview yesterday 8th of March due to self isolate. How did you rebook? How long did it take? I have been checking on my online account all morning and it’s says no appointments available for London. Please help with what you did thanks 

I'm so sorry you have the same issue! It was really heartbreaking but rest assured, everything will be okay! I rebooked following the instructions given to me on the missed appointment email. However, it took a few days (about three working days) to get a new one.

Basically my tips to help with sanity as well as getting a new appointment are:

Early morning seems to be the sweet spot, around 9am. This is when not only one, but three days opened up. Each day had multiple times on it as well.

Don't worry yourself with checking after 9pm or at the weekend either. The likelihood of getting an appointment is slim to none since the embassy will be closed for sure thus new appointments won't be added to the system. Allow yourself to switch off.

Check once every couple of hours. 

Be prepared for the appointment to be about a month after your intended date. It could be sooner, but mine was a little less than a month wait.

Don't worry! I know it's easier said than done but look after yourself, I hope you stay well and you'll get there eventually. If there's anything else I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask!

18 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

No matter if people say how easy it is 100 times, the ones going to interview are always panicked before hand. If you will copy what you wrote and put it in the review place, it will help others. Nobody wades through this entire thread or it’s predecessor to read what people said. They just ask again, over and over.

1. Copy your review.
  2. Go to your timeline and find “Submit Review” with the yellow exclamation point.
  3. Paste your review. . 

People always want to know what documents you had to present, so you might want to name them instead of saying civil documents.

ALSO Update your timeline with Approved on “Interview Result” and again with the date you get the visa back and the date you enter the US.

Congratulations on today.

Yea, I realised that. Reading the reviews made me feel better but I was still nervous but being there and going through it made me feel fine. 

I've submitted the review and updated the timeline now - it was on my to-do list but I was so knackered last night that I really needed to sleep. Now that I have rested, its all done. Now just waiting for my passport :D I'll be sure to keep everything updated as things move along as well. 

On 2/13/2021 at 10:36 AM, MzA said:

Hey Guys

Arrived 12th February 2021.

I made it to Atlanta GA safely to be with my hubby. Super smooth airport process and interview.... Just to confirm address for green card, reachable telephone number, husband's name, to explain that the stamp affixed in passport is valid for 1 year and can be used as ID for driving licence, job etc and briefly about residence expectations. Then Welcome to the USA! Now to enjoying a new Adventure.

Good luck to all waiting for interviews. It's all worth it!

Hey guys,

A Note.... Remember to check your USCIS status updates everyday after you arrive in the USA. My permanent resident card was sent to me 2 wks after arrival on 12th Feb & returned to USCIS because of, I guess a postal glitch. I only found out when I logged into USCIS today, got the status update & USPS tracker. Had I been checking i could have rescheduled a next day delivery or pick it up myself. I just didn't expect it so soon.

I now had to put in a request to USCIS to have it resent to me.

So keep checking. They are processing really quickly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.