R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,639 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Is there any way to delay my medical and interview appointment dates? I completed the NVC stage in January assuming I would be DQ'd in April/May and have my interview scheduled for approximately September time. 

However, I was DQ'd 48hrs later which puts me in the April batch for interview dates; and I currently have work commitments until Christmas time. 

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, twln said:

Is there any way to delay my medical and interview appointment dates? I completed the NVC stage in January assuming I would be DQ'd in April/May and have my interview scheduled for approximately September time. 

However, I was DQ'd 48hrs later which puts me in the April batch for interview dates; and I currently have work commitments until Christmas time. 

Rescheduling or cancelling your interview

If you are unable to attend your appointment, please go to ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv to select a new appointment date after the date of your NVC scheduled interview has passed. There may be a significant wait before the next available appointment, so please attempt to attend the date already assigned. For some family-based and employment preference visa categories, a visa became available within the month you have been scheduled by NVC. DV applicants should be aware that visas are numerically limited and must be issued by September 30 of the program year. There is no guarantee that a visa will still be available on the date of your rescheduled interview. Please carefully consult the Visa Bulletinbefore you decide to reschedule your interview.

Please note: You need to register your original NVC/KCC appointment online before you can reschedule it. Rescheduling is only possible on a date after your assigned appointment.

21 hours ago, twln said:

Hey everyone,

What I would do is to still attend the interview, get the visa and max out the deadline (6months) validity before leaving. Let’s say you get a May or June interview, and visa is issued, the validity of the visa would be 6 months from the medical. If your medical is by June then it would be valid till December. If this is too risky, what I would do is to fly to the US sometime after the visa is issued and come back here for a while to finish my business then go back to the us for good. If this doesn’t work, you can email the nvc/embassy (depends where your case is atm) to delay your interview

Edited by scarletheart

On 3/23/2021 at 1:43 PM, VJmember2020 said:

Congratulations!!
How many days before the interview did she have her medical done? Just wondering thanks. 

Thanks! About ten days in advance. However, they found something on her chest X-ray, and needed to do sputum cultures.. hence the delay. 

On 3/27/2021 at 4:47 PM, scarletheart said:

What I would do is to still attend the interview, get the visa and max out the deadline (6months) validity before leaving. Let’s say you get a May or June interview, and visa is issued, the validity of the visa would be 6 months from the medical. If your medical is by June then it would be valid till December. If this is too risky, what I would do is to fly to the US sometime after the visa is issued and come back here for a while to finish my business then go back to the us for good. If this doesn’t work, you can email the nvc/embassy (depends where your case is atm) to delay your interview

Thank you.

Unfortunately I can't permanently move until December and our 2 year anniversary is 27th December so ideally I'd arrive after that date in order to get a 10-year green card as opposed to the 2-year one.

You don't happen to know if I can delay my appointment to a certain date (within reason; say the month of September etc)?

Timeline
1 hour ago, twln said:

Thank you.

Unfortunately I can't permanently move until December and our 2 year anniversary is 27th December so ideally I'd arrive after that date in order to get a 10-year green card as opposed to the 2-year one.

You don't happen to know if I can delay my appointment to a certain date (within reason; say the month of September etc)?

You can’t play the timelines because they are not a predictable thing as you already experienced with NVC. If you don’t like the interview assigned, you can always reschedule, but you won’t get to pick the exact preferred date. You will have to choose from what is available (if any) or wait until they open up the calendar in London. You may get lucky or maybe not. Set your priorities and pick your battles. If Dec 27 is a target priority, then be willing to accept a February or March interview if it comes to that.

On 3/30/2021 at 1:54 PM, twln said:

Thank you.

Hi! I think you can always send an inquiry to NVC to ask them to hold your case until you're ready. You can delay your case while it's still at NVC rather than when it is already at the Embassy where it's ready to schedule :) Just a thought

On 3/30/2021 at 3:00 PM, Wuozopo said:

You can’t play the timelines because they are not a predictable thing as you already experienced with NVC. If you don’t like the interview assigned, you can always reschedule, but you won’t get to pick the exact preferred date. You will have to choose from what is available (if any) or wait until they open up the calendar in London. You may get lucky or maybe not. Set your priorities and pick your battles. If Dec 27 is a target priority, then be willing to accept a February or March interview if it comes to that.

Thanks. So I take it if I were to reschedule my appointment that there isn't some sort of calendar of available dates for the rest of 2021 for example? I wouldn't mind an interview from mid-August onwards I just think a June/July date is a bit risky if I want to go there in late Dec.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:36 PM, scarletheart said:

Hi! I think you can always send an inquiry to NVC to ask them to hold your case until you're ready. You can delay your case while it's still at NVC rather than when it is already at the Embassy where it's ready to schedule :) Just a thought

Thank you, I'll have a look in to this.

Timeline
2 hours ago, twln said:

Thanks. So I take it if I were to reschedule my appointment that there isn't some sort of calendar of available dates for the rest of 2021 for example? I wouldn't mind an interview from mid-August onwards I just think a June/July date is a bit risky if I want to go there in late Dec.

When the embassy was fully staffed doing lots of interviews, the calendar of appointments was never that far out. Like right now you would only find April and May dates. Those were typically K1 fiancé visas or DCF spouse visas because they schedule their own appointments. DCF filing is pretty much over since the USCIS office in London closed permanently. K1 interviews were suspended March 2020 except for a few exceptions. Thus the calendar during covid times isn’t updated with many open dates, if any. The last of the DCF group said they would check each morning or refresh and a date or two would show up eventually. 

So say NVC gave you a June 5 date. The procedure is to wait until June 6, then log into your account and pick a new date.    In pre-covid times, you would not find anything beyond July. By the end of June, there would be some July still not taken and August would open.  With the visa unit’s current limited staff and interviewing schedule, the calendar is not populated with much as explained earlier. Most people interviewing are IR1/CR1s who are assigned dates at NVC so the calendar is kinda dormant. Things may change by the end of summer as the pandemic situation evolves. Right now it’s all a guess, as is when the NVC may schedule you.

You will have the option to change an interview you don’t want. You might have to work harder to find a date,  or by that time things may be eased up and the calendar is once again abundant with dates and K1s grabbing them up. I personally would not contact NVC and ask them to delay sending your file to London. You might get lost that growing purgatory of K1 files who have been trapped at NVC for a year now. You might be calling them saying “Hey remember me? I asked you to hold my file until August. It’s September now. What? You can’t find it now, but I can ask again if I haven’t heard from you by November.” Getting released to London is the best progress for your file. The entire world is bottlenecked at NVC.

Edited by Wuozopo

Hi, Did everyone here who has had their interview take the full 100 pages of their i-864 affidavit of support documents with them? And were they checked?

54 minutes ago, Muso303 said:

Hi, Did everyone here who has had their interview take the full 100 pages of their i-864 affidavit of support documents with them? And were they checked?

I hope not!

On 3/25/2021 at 2:50 PM, AS777 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing all of your updates - this thread has been a real lifeline throughout this process! I thought I would do a quick summary based on previous posts in this thread on where we seem to be at with April interviews. 

For context, I was DQ on January 4th and I’m still waiting for my interview (hoping for May…)

If anyone has any further updates (or corrections!) please do share:

@Muso303DQ October 16th - Interview April 7th (changed by Embassy from March)

@Jonathan Simpson DQ October 16th - Interview April 7th (changed by Embassy from March)

@Jamie B DQ October 8th - Interview April 8th (changed by Embassy from March)

@Charlie87 DQ December 14th - Interview April 19th

@bharats DQ December 16th - Interview April 26th

@Ailurus DQ December 16th - Interview April 27th

It seems like December 16th was the cut off for April interviews since: 

@Christine Kapp DQ December 17th - No interview yet

@Dawn2021 DQ December 22nd - No interview yet 

I also jotted down the dates interviews were released each month:

• March 15th 2021
  • February 11th 2021
  • December 15th 2020
  • November 13th 2020
  • October 7th 2020

So, in summary, I’m hoping that those of us that were late December / early January DQ dates will hear about our May interviews sometime in mid-April..! 

I hope this is somewhat helpful also for those new to the thread.

Thanks

This is very useful thanks - does anyone know about IR5 timelines?

My parents are both on the IR5 track and were DQ'd Nov 6th - anyone similar timeline or know where that puts them in estimated interview month in 2021?

I know it's all a bit unknown with the limited appointments but are IR5 interviews still happening?

Timeline
On 4/5/2021 at 11:30 AM, Muso303 said:

How could you possibly have 100 pages in an Affidavit of Support? What seems to be the the bulk? If it is a copy of the latest tax return + W2 rather than transcript check the pages. Other than the 1040, each form or schedule will have the Attachment Sequence Number. Anything else like worksheets, summaries, comparisons etc are just extra stuff created by software programs. Include only the 1040 and things that have this. You won’t have every number but you should organize sequentially behind the1040.

IMG_3217.PNG.ca10e05de2a25c599a1c928713d2f46b.PNGIMG_3428.thumb.PNG.18aee2a8e45d559325e833c209eae78a.PNG

On 4/5/2021 at 5:30 PM, Muso303 said:

I brought everything but the consul didn’t tax for any of my tax documents or this form! They just asked for the basic civil documents

On 4/7/2021 at 12:11 AM, Wuozopo said:

How could you possibly have 100 pages in an Affidavit of Support? What seems to be the the bulk? If it is a copy of the latest tax return + W2 rather than transcript check the pages. Other than the 1040, each form or schedule will have the Attachment Sequence Number. Anything else like worksheets, summaries, comparisons etc are just extra stuff created by software programs. Include only the 1040 and things that have this. You won’t have every number but you should organize sequentially behind the1040.

IMG_3217.PNG.ca10e05de2a25c599a1c928713d2f46b.PNGIMG_3428.thumb.PNG.18aee2a8e45d559325e833c209eae78a.PNG

I believe the Form I864 itself is just about 11 pages plus w2 (1 page), proof of payslips 6 months (around 10 pages) plus the tax transcript which if i remember correctly, less than 3 pages?! I forgot but that’s the gist 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.