R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,639 posts in this topic

Hello,

We were approved yesterday too. It won't come as a surprise that, like others, it was a very smooth and painless process at the Embassy. Interestingly, I wasn't asked for half of the documents that you're told to bring - obviously important to have everything just in case but I needn't have bothered with my beautifully organised and labelled ring binder 😂

Good luck to everyone with their interviews coming up. And huge thank you to everyone contributing their experiences and advice on this thread - it has been beyond helpful. 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone! 

Congratulations to everyone who has recently been approved :) 

Can I ask where people had their passport photos done? (Especially those who did so during pandemic/lockdown) I had mine done in a photo-me photo booth and chose US visa photos. I also had my husband print out some that I took using an online app and print them at Walgreens and send them to me. They are slightly different in size! So now I’m paranoid about it. We all know how everything must be correct and no room for error. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks 😊 

2 minutes ago, Amanda Hunt said:

Hello everyone! 

Can I ask where people had their passport photos done? (Especially those who did so during pandemic/lockdown) I had mine done in a photo-me photo booth and chose US visa photos. I also had my husband print out some that I took using an online app and print them at Walgreens and send them to me. They are slightly different in size! So now I’m paranoid about it. We all know how everything must be correct and no room for error. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks 😊 

They should be 2inch by 2inch.

i got Mine from Timpsons.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

@Amanda Hunt

• Submit a high resolution photo that is not blurry, grainy, or pixelated.
  • The correct size of a passport photo is:
    • 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) 
    • Head must be between 1 -1 3/8 inches (25 - 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
  • Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper
  • Do not digitally change the photo
  • You cannot submit a damaged photo with holes, creases, or smudges.

1 hour ago, Amanda Hunt said:

Hello everyone! 

Thanks 😊 

I had 2 from Walgreens when I was in the US and I also had one done from local shop in Manchester where they print 2, but I had to ask they to cut it and they give an URL too. 

Just FYI, they also have a photo booth like thing at the London embassy.

2 hours ago, Amanda Hunt said:

Hello everyone! 

Thanks 😊 

Hi,

I took mine against my white door and used an app to size & print at home to submit visa application. Since they approved it, I took the same to interview. It was scanned & given back to me with no problem. 

Goodluck

I can't believe I'm writing this BUT...I've just received my passport!! So interview Monday morning, passport received Wednesday morning. Unbelievable turnaround.

It doesn't include a social security number. Does anyone know if/when you get that? 

It also says it expires on 30 June 2021. Is anyone aware what that means should I need to come in and out of the US if you don't have a physical Green Card, which apparently can take up to six months to arrive?

Still in shock that it's here! 

27 minutes ago, kjmaiwen said:

I can't believe I'm writing this BUT...I've just received my passport!! So interview Monday morning, passport received Wednesday morning. Unbelievable turnaround.

It doesn't include a social security number. Does anyone know if/when you get that? 

It also says it expires on 30 June 2021. Is anyone aware what that means should I need to come in and out of the US if you don't have a physical Green Card, which apparently can take up to six months to arrive?

AMAZING!!!! Congratulations!!!

Mine still says 'administrative processing' when I check the status. 

20 minutes ago, Shal_Ohol said:

AMAZING!!!! Congratulations!!!

Mine still says 'administrative processing' when I check the status. 

How soon after did yours switch to AP? Mine is still “Ready.” 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

• December 24, 2022: 90-day window opened
  • December 27, 2022: Sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox
  • December 29, 2022: Delivered
  • December 30, 2022: Case marked as received
  • January 5, 2023: Text message received 
  • January 11, 2023: NOA1 letter received, dated January 4, 2023
  • April 12, 2023: 48-month extension letter received

9 minutes ago, Reagan & Vish said:

I think 'Ready' is the status after 'Administrative processing'. So you should be getting your passport soon :) 

Stop worrying me haha! I've just resigned from my job. 

6 minutes ago, Shal_Ohol said:

I think 'Ready' is the status after 'Administrative processing'. So you should be getting your passport soon :) 

I think it’s the other way around! Mine has been “Ready” for a month or so, but last updated during the interview yesterday. Several people have said it can switch from AP to Issued within a few hours! Hopefully you will have yours very soon! 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

• December 24, 2022: 90-day window opened
  • December 27, 2022: Sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox
  • December 29, 2022: Delivered
  • December 30, 2022: Case marked as received
  • January 5, 2023: Text message received 
  • January 11, 2023: NOA1 letter received, dated January 4, 2023
  • April 12, 2023: 48-month extension letter received

1 hour ago, Reagan & Vish said:

I'm afraid I don't even know. I hadn't checked. I received an email yesterday afternoon from @usvisa-info.com saying the US embassy had released a document (obviously my passport) and that it had been sent to the courier, and then it appeared this morning. 

50 minutes ago, Reagan & Vish said:

I think it’s the other way around! Mine has been “Ready” for a month or so, but last updated during the interview yesterday. Several people have said it can switch from AP to Issued within a few hours! Hopefully you will have yours very soon! 

Oh really? I obviously don't mean to give you the wrong information - I only checked the status yesterday and then today, both days it said AP. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, kjmaiwen said:

Expiration: You must use your visa to enter the US before 30 June 2021. (That date is set for 6 months from your medical exam).

Social Security number: That is reserved for after you become a permanent resident of the US (LPR, greencard holder). Right now you only are a visa holder.

When you enter the US, immigration officials will review your documentation/visa. They will stamp and note your passport with what is called an I-551 stamp. That means you are a permanent resident of the US. You can use your passport just like a greencard to show you are an LPR to anybody that needs proof...bank, DMV, new employers,

You will get the plastic wallet greencard in the mail (and the Social Security card separately if you requested one on your visa application) after a few weeks.  Sometimes it takes longer. 

Before you can be issued the plastic greencard, you have to pay the USCIS a fee to produce it. Some people will refer to it as paying the ELIS fee. That fee can be paid online anytime from when you have your visa in hand to after you enter the US.  Here is the link for the fee that explains everything really well.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/uscis-immigrant-fee

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shal_Ohol said:

1 hour ago, Reagan & Vish said:

The status can jump back and forth. Ready, AP, issued.  Or Ready, AP, Ready, Issued. 
You might miss the changes unless you checked at just the right time.

Your visa is not approved until it says Issued, no matter what you are told at the interview. There are final security checks in a database (or extra databases for some) during that Administrative Processing. That can last a couple of hours, to two weeks, to a year. All those scenarios have been played out in this UK forum for London visas.

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.