R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,639 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Shal_Ohol said:

So we had uploaded the IRS transcript back in October last year but we were still asked to upload W2. If you have it to hand, I suggest uploading it. 

Ah i see. I uploaded transcripts and the form 1040. I might wait until I receive my interview date before uploading anything

21 minutes ago, Charlie87 said:

Ah i see. I uploaded transcripts and the form 1040. I might wait until I receive my interview date before uploading anything

Oh yes, ofcourse. Wait till you get a date, they might call you like they did for me. Hopefully you get a date soon and things go well for you. Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Shal_Ohol said:

Oh yes, ofcourse. Wait till you get a date, they might call you like they did for me. Hopefully you get a date soon and things go well for you. Good luck.

Thank you!

I'm looking to drive to London for my interview, nervous about public transport and covid at present. Does anyone here know of any parking places closer to the embassy?  I looked at the waitrose one and that is only long term, so won't work. 

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Edited by Shal_Ohol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Shal_Ohol said:

I'm looking to drive to London for my interview, nervous about public transport and covid at present. Does anyone here know of any parking places closer to the embassy?  I looked at the waitrose one and that is only long term, so won't work. 

Google maps: Find US Embassy and zoom to immediate location around it.

Back out of search showing embassy, but remember where it is in your zoomed in map.

Search “parking” for the map  area where you are zoomed.

2 hours ago, Shal_Ohol said:

I live very local to the Embassy. I park in that Waitrose all the time, it should work perfectly?

6 minutes ago, MaccaWilliams said:

I live very local to the Embassy. I park in that Waitrose all the time, it should work perfectly?

I went on the website and it said they're only doing longterm parking, nothing for short term. I've managed to book something at Bonnington Square. It's a 20mins walk to the embassy, but that's alright for me.

I guess I just don't want to risk finding out on the day that the parking is closed or doesn't allow me in. I'll be a bag of nerves already, don't want the parking situation stressing me out haha! 

Thank you though. 

Did anyone receive an email from the US Embassy with information about their upcoming interview? There's a link that says you need to confirm the date and time of the appointment but I'm not sure if we need to do this as it's asking for lots of information that's already been provided, so not sure if this is a necessary step?

Thanks in advance for any help! 

23 hours ago, kjmaiwen said:

Did anyone receive an email from the US Embassy with information about their upcoming interview? There's a link that says you need to confirm the date and time of the appointment but I'm not sure if we need to do this as it's asking for lots of information that's already been provided, so not sure if this is a necessary step?

I got an email on Friday fro my appointment on Monday. I went on the website but there is nothing I can confirm my appointment on. I am just turning up for my appointment. 

Happy to see if others have any more information. 

Timeline
On 3/5/2021 at 11:36 AM, kjmaiwen said:

1 hour ago, Shal_Ohol said:

I got an email on Friday fro my appointment on Monday. I went on the website but there is nothing I can confirm my appointment on. I am just turning up for my appointment. 

Happy to see if others have any more information. 

If they sent an email with a specific link to go to and confirm, why wouldn’t you do it?

What is the link? Can you post it?

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

If they sent an email with a specific link to go to and confirm, why wouldn’t you do it?

What is the link? Can you post it?

Oh it's not that I don't  want to, I clicked on the link in the email, but it shows nothing once you login. I tried a couple of times but there's actually nowhere to confirm the appointment.  Not sure the image will get uploaded but this is the text from the email "Appointment date and time: Please confirm the date and time of your appointment at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/."

I might give them a call on Monday morning. 

Edited by Shal_Ohol

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Shal_Ohol said:

Oh it's not that I don't  want to, I clicked on the link in the email, but it shows nothing once you login. I tried a couple of times but there's actually nowhere to confirm the appointment.  Not sure the image will get uploaded but this is the text from the email "Appointment date and time: Please confirm the date and time of your appointment at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/."

I might give them a call on Monday morning. 

I see it’s just the ais site and the link is to non-immigrant visas. Did you switch to the immigrant version (green one). https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv  I thought it may be something local to London to confirm because they’ve had a problem with no-shows. Doesn’t seem to be the case. 

12 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I see it’s just the ais site and the link is to non-immigrant visas. Did you switch to the immigrant version (green one). https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv  I thought it may be something local to London to confirm because they’ve had a problem with no-shows. Doesn’t seem to be the case. 

Yup, I did when I registered for it. 

When I login this is what I see, nothing to say confirm appointment. Seems like its already confirmed from the time I registered and confirmed all the details I think. 

Screenshot_20210306-214528_Samsung Internet.jpg

I also got that email. By confirm “your appointment date and time,” I’m almost positive they mean “click here to make sure you know your appointment date and time.”

As in, go to their website to confirm the date and time of your appointment so that you arrive at the right time. 

The link just takes you to the website. It’s not like a “check in” situation. 

17 hours ago, Sm4598 said:

I also got that email. By confirm “your appointment date and time,” I’m almost positive they mean “click here to make sure you know your appointment date and time.”

As in, go to their website to confirm the date and time of your appointment so that you arrive at the right time. 

The link just takes you to the website. It’s not like a “check in” situation. 

Oh right! That makes sense! 

For people who have had their interview, how long does it take and is it smooth process. I don't know why but I am really nervous about this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.