dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
15 hours ago, Clarebear101 said:

FYI Open enrollment starts in November - you would have to wait until then to obtain health insurance.  

No you don't. Immigration is a qualifying life event. You can add them as soon as they enter and can provide a letter from your employer.

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
49 minutes ago, SETETA said:

No you don't. Immigration is a qualifying life event. You can add them as soon as they enter and can provide a letter from your employer.

True. It is totally a qualifying life event.

Still, you @Clarebear101 may have to explain that (like we did in our case) to the insurance company because they seem super reluctant to any change before November. They finally accepted to have me on my husband's contract (starting August 1rst).

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

1 hour ago, Alix64 said:

True. It is totally a qualifying life event.

Still, you @Clarebear101 may have to explain that (like we did in our case) to the insurance company because they seem super reluctant to any change before November. They finally accepted to have me on my husband's contract (starting August 1rst).

Also-- if this helps, I spoke to my work's insurance provider in anticipation and they told me that they can add my husband when he gets here if  he "lost insurance coverage due to moving," which, because he is a UK citizen, he does by default. I think the "loss of coverage" is easier for some of the insurance companies to accept as a qualifying life event than "moving to a foreign country". 

18 hours ago, Rhythmlicious said:

Had my interview today in Amsterdam and got approved! 🤩 Had to wait 2-2,5 hrs for an interview that barely lasted 5 minutes, but thank God we made it. 

Interview was very easy. Only questions were how I met my spouse and how our long distance relationship went. 

Congratulations! Did you have your medical exam at DC klinieken? How long did you have to wait for the medical results to arrive at the embassy?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
8 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

All set for my interview tomorrow and was fully anticipating going into AP due to only having my medical 5 days ago.

BUT....

When I left my medical appointment they told me I could email them the day before my interview to check if my medical results were submitted. I did that this morning and got a reply less than an hour later saying it was still going through the final checking process, that's it normally takes around 5 working days, but they'd speak to their colleague to try and push my medical through in time. I was expecting it not to be complete yet and the email as a bit of wishful thinking, but I was surprised at the level of kindness and helpfulness of the person who responded. Then... I got another email at 4PM from the same person to let me know that everything was submitted this afternoon!!!!

I am on cloud nine and cannot believe my luck right now. Hoping my embassy experience is as positive as my medical experience has been 🤞

That's great that they were so helpful and that you were able to have your medical submitted in time. Good luck on the interview tomorrow -- can't wait to hear how it goes. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 hours ago, Mary1980 said:

Omg.

Its too sad.

I will try and request an expedite. Wish me luck, i will let you know how it goes.

I submitted an expedite request last night.

Do you know how long it would take to get an answer?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JenIE said:

That's great that they were so helpful and that you were able to have your medical submitted in time. Good luck on the interview tomorrow -- can't wait to hear how it goes. 

Good luck.

Where is your interview been hold ? Which embassy?

Country?

2 hours ago, Mary1980 said:

You should get a response letting you know it’s being reviewed within a few days up to 10 days

2 hours ago, Mary1980 said:

I JUST got an email saying my expedite request was being reviewed. I sent it in last Friday 7/31

good luck to you! We didn’t have a “real emergency” but requested on the grounds that we were delayed by four months due to USCIS error and the beneficiaries career which is based on the US academic year. 

hoping for some extra leniency in this time

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

I JUST got an email saying my expedite request was being reviewed. I sent it in last Friday 7/31

good luck to you! We didn’t have a “real emergency” but requested on the grounds that we were delayed by four months due to USCIS error and the beneficiaries career which is based on the US academic year. 

hoping for some extra leniency in this time

What country are you?

14 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

UK- London Embassy

Me too!

Submitted request on Friday for them to resubmit my approved request. We got London to agree in March to expedite but they said once they were processing again.

i just got my review email also 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Just now, Kimi31 said:

Me too!

Submitted request on Friday for them to resubmit my approved request. We got London to agree in March to expedite but they said once they were processing again.

i just got my review email also 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I really hope they accept yours ASAP--especially since they already approved it once!

My only hope for us is that since they aren't really doing interviews right now for whatever reason maybe they will approve the expedite out of boredom 🤣

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.