dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, Clarebear101 said:

no idea.  Keep me posted!  What did you base it on? 

I based on humanity reason and hardship financial.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi ! My mom and brother were DQ last June and been waiting for their interview date. I do not know if  U.S embassy manila will schedule for their interview or NVC will schedule for them ? Do they resume an inteview ?

14 hours ago, hannahjsf said:

All set for my interview tomorrow and was fully anticipating going into AP due to only having my medical 5 days ago.

BUT....

When I left my medical appointment they told me I could email them the day before my interview to check if my medical results were submitted. I did that this morning and got a reply less than an hour later saying it was still going through the final checking process, that's it normally takes around 5 working days, but they'd speak to their colleague to try and push my medical through in time. I was expecting it not to be complete yet and the email as a bit of wishful thinking, but I was surprised at the level of kindness and helpfulness of the person who responded. Then... I got another email at 4PM from the same person to let me know that everything was submitted this afternoon!!!!

I am on cloud nine and cannot believe my luck right now. Hoping my embassy experience is as positive as my medical experience has been 🤞

Were your medical results submitted electronically through eMedical? I’m patiently waiting for my results to arrive at the embassy, my doctor submitted them on eMedical and I’m just waiting now for the embassy to receive them..

6 minutes ago, Maria2610 said:

Were your medical results submitted electronically through eMedical? I’m patiently waiting for my results to arrive at the embassy, my doctor submitted them on eMedical and I’m just waiting now for the embassy to receive them..

They were submitted electronically through eMedical 😊

How long ago did they submit your results?

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
57 minutes ago, 攀弥旺 said:

I'm pleased to update on our situation, our visa has been approved!

Congratulations! Looks like the Embassy figured out how to react on the current ruling.

13 hours ago, Clarebear101 said:

oh a change in immigration status certainly does ... I read that he was attempting to obtain health insurance before being issued a visa... my mistake :) 

13 hours ago, Clarebear101 said:

Yes, I'm sorry I must have misread - I thought the poster was attempting to obtain health insurance before the interview/being issued a visa. My mistake! A change in immigration status is listed for special enrollment period :) 

Wait, does this mean I cannot buy private medical insurance plan for myself before obtaining the visa? I was planning to have it before my interview and take it with me to let the CO see it...

6 hours ago, Jingzxc said:

Hi ! My mom and brother were DQ last June and been waiting for their interview date. I do not know if  U.S embassy manila will schedule for their interview or NVC will schedule for them ? Do they resume an inteview ?

These visa types are currently banned - will have to wait until 2021.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.