dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

So my case got expedited on the 17th of july. Had my interview today and went well, but im stuck in administrative processing in definitely ☹️.

The dutch doctor cant schedule it because they cant access my file, and the embassy gave me some short answer “we’re working on it”. It’s now been 2.5 weeks and still no fix for my glitched (?) file. No medical, no full expedite, no greencard.

anyone else had their file glitched? Who can i complain to about the dutch embassy? Department of state? 

HELP!!

Edited by AarLar

10 minutes ago, AarLar said:

So my case got expedited on the 17th of july. Had my interview today and went well, but im stuck in administrative processing in definitely ☹️.

The dutch doctor cant schedule it because they cant access my file, and the embassy gave me some short answer “we’re working on it”. It’s now been 2.5 weeks and still no fix for my glitched (?) file. No medical, no full expedite, no greencard.

anyone else had their file glitched? Who can i complain to about the dutch embassy? Department of state? 

HELP!!

Have you considered contacting your Congressman?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Potomac Service Center

Consulate: South Africa

Hello...Shenzhen, China 💕2018-01-20

Will you...Shenzhen, China 💍 2019-01-13

I Do...Hong Kong ❤️ 2019-06-20

USCIS

I-130 Sent: 2019-08-21

I-130 NOA1: 2019-08-26

I-130 NOA2: 2020-04-17

NVC
Received: 2020-04-20

DQ: 2020-06-18

Expedite approved: 2020-08-21

US Consulate - Johannesburg

Medical: 2020-09-03

Interview Scheduled: 2020-09-03

Interview at US Consulate in Johannesburg: 9:15 2020-09-16 - Approved!

Visa Delivered: 2020-09-25

Arrival in the U.S. (POE New York JFK): 2020-10-04
2 year Green Card Received: 2020-12-18

Removal of Conditions

Service Center: National Benefits Center

Date Mailed: 2022-07-20 via FedEx to Phoenix Lockbox

Receipt Date: 2022-07-27

NOA Received: 2022-08-01

Biometrics letter received: 2022-08-13

Biometrics appointment date: 2022-08-23

Removal of Conditions approved date: 2023-10-26

Citizenship

Service Center: Online

Local Office: Denver

Date of Submission: 2023-07-15

Biometrics Waived

Interview scheduled: 2023-09-18
Interview at Centennial Field Office: 8:35 2023-10-26 
Approved!
Oath Ceremony: 11:00 2023-11-07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
15 hours ago, 攀弥旺 said:

She also got explained to that her visa would not be approved due to new guidance isn't approved, and the interviewer had said that he hopes this problem is solved sooner rather than later, and our visa isn't approved because of this new guidance issue. Once there is an update, we will be contacted by the embassy but since there are also many pending visas, there might be a delay. (Couldn't edit original post)

Sorry to hear about the delay. Good that they kept the pasport. Do you know if they also hold off on issuing visa to others inside the Tokyo embassy the same day too?

1 hour ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Hey guys I just want to share my wife latest visa interview result. THANK God she got APPROVED!!! she told me they didn't ask her anything. All they asked for was my I864 and my w2's. Nothing on the sponsors side. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

Congratulations .. Wish I had a legit reason to expedite, but we don't. We are just going to wait for the embassy to start processing visas again and wait for our interview.

51 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Congratulations, so happy for you!!! Did she bring original I-864 and W2's, or copies? Fingers crossed that she'll get the passport back quickly, so she can travel to the new home ❤️

I actually sent her a scanned version of the i864 and she printed that one. They accepted the scanned version. For the w2s she had original since I left them there when I traveled back in February . They actually told her within a week 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 hours ago, 攀弥旺 said:

No they did not give any timeline on that, just that they have no idea when this problem will be solved, and they hope it gets solved soon.

I am so sorry that happened, hope it can be sorted out soon!! and yes keeping the passport is always a good sign!

27 minutes ago, AarLar said:

HELP!!

I'm so sorry, hang in there!

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

8 minutes ago, Alv said:

Congratulations .. Wish I had a legit reason to expedite, but we don't. We are just going to wait for the embassy to start processing visas again and wait for our interview.

Thank you so much. My wife told me there was no one at the embassy. She said she got there two hours early and they actually interviewed her as soon as she got there.

52 minutes ago, David G said:

Felicidades 🎈🎊🎉!!!! 

It is so exciting to see approvals here in our side of the world! I’m so happy for you both! 

Can you tell us her experience? I think she is the first Latin American applicant that got approved so far.  After all this COVID mess I mean. 

Thank you for the "felicidades". I just got off the phone with my wife and I kept asking her what did they ask her and she told me they only asked her for birth and marriage certificate.  No police certificate. They also asked her for my I864 and my w2s. They did not even ask her for the tax transcripts.

As long as for the questions she said they did no ask anything pertaining our relationship. Another thing they asked her was if our son was traveling with her, to show them his passport. 

My wife told me she actually got there 2 hours early and since there was no one there that had interview, they let her in and interviewed her at once.

She actually took her ds5540 with her and she told me the officer told her that it's ok. That they didn't need that.

Now, I'm not saying all interviews will go as smooth but that was my wife experience.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Thank you for the "felicidades". I just got off the phone with my wife and I kept asking her what did they ask her and she told me they only asked her for birth and marriage certificate.  No police certificate. They also asked her for my I864 and my w2s. They did not even ask her for the tax transcripts.

As long as for the questions she said they did no ask anything pertaining our relationship. Another thing they asked her was if our son was traveling with her, to show them his passport. 

My wife told me she actually got there 2 hours early and since there was no one there that had interview, they let her in and interviewed her at once.

She actually took her ds5540 with her and she told me the officer told her that it's ok. That they didn't need that.

Now, I'm not saying all interviews will go as smooth but that was my wife experience.

Hahahaha "what exactly did they say? My friends at VJ need all the details so they can prepare too" 😁

I'm glad that she had a good experience! I remember all too well how nervous I was during my J1 interview years ago. And interviewing for the approval to start a new life is on a whole different level than for a 6 months adventure abroad :)

Even though our interview is (sadly) not happening anytime soon, my hubby gets nervous every now and then and asks me if I'll be sad if he "messes up" since I am the paperwork pro in our marriage. We all know that all we need to do is be honest, but it's still such a pressure on the applicant...

4 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Hahahaha "what exactly did they say? My friends at VJ need all the details so they can prepare too" 😁

I'm glad that she had a good experience! I remember all too well how nervous I was during my J1 interview years ago. And interviewing for the approval to start a new life is on a whole different level than for a 6 months adventure abroad :)

Even though our interview is (sadly) not happening anytime soon, my hubby gets nervous every now and then and asks me if I'll be sad if he "messes up" since I am the paperwork pro in our marriage. We all know that all we need to do is be honest, but it's still such a pressure on the applicant...

Lol, that's exactly what I told mey wife. To give me some detailed feedback so I can share with you guys. And tell me about the pressure. My wife couldn't sleep for days thinking about the interview. I have a question, when the status on ceac changes to "issued" what does it mean?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Lol, that's exactly what I told mey wife. To give me some detailed feedback so I can share with you guys. And tell me about the pressure. My wife couldn't sleep for days thinking about the interview. I have a question, when the status on ceac changes to "issued" what does it mean?

I think it means that the visa has been issued? Whoa that's fast!

Just now, Quarknase said:

I think it means that the visa has been issued? Whoa that's fast!

Yes, that was exactly what I thought. They told her within a week . That's the reason I'm asking.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Hey guys I just want to share my wife latest visa interview result. THANK God she got APPROVED!!! she told me they didn't ask her anything. All they asked for was my I864 and my w2's. Nothing on the sponsors side. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

Did you guys have a joint sponsor?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.