dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Rhythmlicious said:

My interview is tomorrow! Excited and nervous at the same time, can't believe after such a long time it's finally coming to an end 😊

Good luck! We'll all be sending positive energy your way! Send us an update when it's all finished! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Rhythmlicious said:

My interview is tomorrow! Excited and nervous at the same time, can't believe after such a long time it's finally coming to an end 😊

Hooray!! Let us know how it goes!

5 hours ago, SKB16 said:

Hi everyone,

on Friday July 31st, I received an email from NVC saying that they canceled my visa appointment. Before that I have not received any notification on an interview date so it was a little confusing. 

Today I received an email saying that my expedite got approved even though we didn’t submit an expedite request. They also updated the status to “in transit” to the Frankfurt embassy. 

i guess things are moving forward which I’m very happy about but it’s still a little weird. Hopefully we will hear from them soon on an interview date. Just wanted to share.

Congrats

Edited by stech786

Here are some notes from our interview earlier today, She arrived at the embassy; did the standard procedures at the embassy. She arrived at the reception and the receptionist asked for her passport to file, then she went and got her number card (Number 007), and to be ready with her documents. She got called up three times to hand in documents, take finger prints and to take her interview. Total time at the embassy was ~1:30. After she was finished, she received an letter containing below, I'm entirely sure if our visa is ineligible due to the recent public charge ruling or just because of the pandemic. Her passport was not given back to her after the interview, it is giving me some hopefully it gets approved soon but I'm not holding my breath on it.

The questions she was asked:
1. Husband's name

2. How we met

3. How do we see each other

4. How did i think when she sees me

5. Last time we met, where and when

6. Origin's of my last name

1596505298423_1_1.jpg

11 minutes ago, 攀弥旺 said:

Here are some notes from our interview earlier today, She arrived at the embassy; did the standard procedures at the embassy. She arrived at the reception and the receptionist asked for her passport to file, then she went and got her number card (Number 007), and to be ready with her documents. She got called up three times to hand in documents, take finger prints and to take her interview. Total time at the embassy was ~1:30. After she was finished, she received an letter containing below, I'm entirely sure if our visa is ineligible due to the recent public charge ruling or just because of the pandemic. Her passport was not given back to her after the interview, it is giving me some hopefully it gets approved soon but I'm not holding my breath on it.

The questions she was asked:
1. Husband's name

2. How we met

3. How do we see each other

4. How did i think when she sees me

5. Last time we met, where and when

6. Origin's of my last name

1596505298423_1_1.jpg

She also got explained to that her visa would not be approved due to new guidance isn't approved, and the interviewer had said that he hopes this problem is solved sooner rather than later, and our visa isn't approved because of this new guidance issue. Once there is an update, we will be contacted by the embassy but since there are also many pending visas, there might be a delay. (Couldn't edit original post)

25 minutes ago, 攀弥旺 said:

She also got explained to that her visa would not be approved due to new guidance isn't approved, and the interviewer had said that he hopes this problem is solved sooner rather than later, and our visa isn't approved because of this new guidance issue. Once there is an update, we will be contacted by the embassy but since there are also many pending visas, there might be a delay. (Couldn't edit original post)

Im sorry to hear that. My wife has her interview tomorrow. Just want to ask ...Did you have an joint sponsor?

Edited by Ncornejo7

Just now, 攀弥旺 said:

Possible with how the embassy doesn't know which guidance to follow by.

No i do not have an joint sponsor

I have read about a couple of denials concerning the new ruling. Well, good thing they kept your passport. Seems they will issue you a visa once this gets settled out. Did they mention anything on how soon might they adjudicate the visa?

3 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

I have read about a couple of denials concerning the new ruling. Well, good thing they kept your passport. Seems they will issue you a visa once this gets settled out. Did they mention anything on how soon might they adjudicate the visa?

No they did not give any timeline on that, just that they have no idea when this problem will be solved, and they hope it gets solved soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
5 hours ago, Rhythmlicious said:

I know that feeling! All the best to your interview!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, 攀弥旺 said:

No they did not give any timeline on that, just that they have no idea when this problem will be solved, and they hope it gets solved soon.

WIsh this can be sorted out and your wife gets the visa on passport in no time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.