dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, AarLar said:

No i havent, not sure if they have any influence in an embassy abroad?

They can make inquiries on behalf of the petitioner. :) That might be your best bet at this point. There is no internal ombudsman that I know of for the Department of State.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Potomac Service Center

Consulate: South Africa

Hello...Shenzhen, China 💕2018-01-20

Will you...Shenzhen, China 💍 2019-01-13

I Do...Hong Kong ❤️ 2019-06-20

USCIS

I-130 Sent: 2019-08-21

I-130 NOA1: 2019-08-26

I-130 NOA2: 2020-04-17

NVC
Received: 2020-04-20

DQ: 2020-06-18

Expedite approved: 2020-08-21

US Consulate - Johannesburg

Medical: 2020-09-03

Interview Scheduled: 2020-09-03

Interview at US Consulate in Johannesburg: 9:15 2020-09-16 - Approved!

Visa Delivered: 2020-09-25

Arrival in the U.S. (POE New York JFK): 2020-10-04
2 year Green Card Received: 2020-12-18

Removal of Conditions

Service Center: National Benefits Center

Date Mailed: 2022-07-20 via FedEx to Phoenix Lockbox

Receipt Date: 2022-07-27

NOA Received: 2022-08-01

Biometrics letter received: 2022-08-13

Biometrics appointment date: 2022-08-23

Removal of Conditions approved date: 2023-10-26

Citizenship

Service Center: Online

Local Office: Denver

Date of Submission: 2023-07-15

Biometrics Waived

Interview scheduled: 2023-09-18
Interview at Centennial Field Office: 8:35 2023-10-26 
Approved!
Oath Ceremony: 11:00 2023-11-07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/1/2020 at 4:02 PM, Mary1980 said:

I would need to see if he qualifies for it.

Question. In case we try an expedite and he gets denied it will affect the regular case ?

No, it would not effect your case.  You can request an expedite as many times as you want. It is free and through email.  You may have to email both the NVC and the consulate unless you know where your case is currently at.  Beneficiaries who are currently in Mexico seem to have an advantage with expedites, at least that is what I have seen on my facebook groups.  

I was talking to a NVC agent a few weeks ago (yearly call to keep our case open) and she basically urged us to try to expedite as she didn't expect the consulate in Juarez to open for regular interviews until sometime next year; Covid numbers in Juarez (and Mexico in general) are out of control.  

Sadly, we have no reason for an expedite :( Our case closed in August of 2019.... we were expecting the interview this month.  

3 hours ago, TaKane said:

Sorry to hear about the delay. Good that they kept the pasport. Do you know if they also hold off on issuing visa to others inside the Tokyo embassy the same day too?

No i don't, I'm sorry i don't have an answer for you. It may be possible that you will get a different outcome than us

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/2/2020 at 12:25 AM, TVC said:

A Judge struck down Trumps public charge law in 2 rulings. They said you cant ask immigrants those questions during a pandemic. They also said you cant be required to have healthcare. It applies nationwide.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/31/897429845/twin-rulings-by-federal-judge-block-public-charge-rules-for-immigrants

I was planning on getting some kind of health coverage before the interview for my wife and sons but Now I'm wondering if it's ok to wait until they get here. If I do need to get something for them before the interview any suggestions?

https://www.visitorscoverage.com/

FYI Open enrollment starts in November - you would have to wait until then to obtain health insurance.  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Clarebear101 said:

No, it would not effect your case.  You can request an expedite as many times as you want. It is free and through email.  You may have to email both the NVC and the consulate unless you know where your case is currently at.  Beneficiaries who are currently in Mexico seem to have an advantage with expedites, at least that is what I have seen on my facebook groups.  

I was talking to a NVC agent a few weeks ago (yearly call to keep our case open) and she basically urged us to try to expedite as she didn't expect the consulate in Juarez to open for regular interviews until sometime next year; Covid numbers in Juarez (and Mexico in general) are out of control.  

Sadly, we have no reason for an expedite :( Our case closed in August of 2019.... we were expecting the interview this month.  

Omg.

Its too sad.

I will try and request an expedite. Wish me luck, i will let you know how it goes.

Filed: Timeline

I remember my interview 20 years ago in Moscow. It was so easy, they didn't ask much and I gave them all papers. Now everything gets so complicated. It is written on the website that the spouse doesn't need to have w2 since it was submitted but they want it. Really? I am not sending my originals abroad, it is not safe.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, AllaR said:

I remember my interview 20 years ago in Moscow. It was so easy, they didn't ask much and I gave them all papers. Now everything gets so complicated. It is written on the website that the spouse doesn't need to have w2 since it was submitted but they want it. Really? I am not sending my originals abroad, it is not safe.

Yes. Everywhere different things are written. So unclear...

22 minutes ago, AllaR said:

The agent at NVC told me to not apply for expedite. She told me it will put me in another line and nobody knows which line is longer. 

Does it apply? Really?

1 hour ago, AllaR said:

The agent at NVC told me to not apply for expedite. She told me it will put me in another line and nobody knows which line is longer. 

When did the agent tell you this? I was not aware.

1 minute ago, AllaR said:

last week because I was pushing her to give me some kind of the answer

I usually call weekly so probably I sounded desperately but she told me don't do it

The nvc rep probably didn't even know this. As far as I know nvc sends the request to the embassy and the embassy handles the request. What kind of expedite are you referring to? An interview expedite?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.