dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, 攀弥旺 said:

She also got explained to that her visa would not be approved due to new guidance isn't approved, and the interviewer had said that he hopes this problem is solved sooner rather than later, and our visa isn't approved because of this new guidance issue. Once there is an update, we will be contacted by the embassy but since there are also many pending visas, there might be a delay. (Couldn't edit original post)

Thank you for updating us with this information.

What "guidance issue" are they referring to?

6 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

You guys, for the interview do you need a lot of evidence of true relationship or just several pictures will be enough, since with the I-130 petition we sent most of the evidence???

In theory you should only have to bring what your embassy mentions on their website checklist, but a lot of people recommend bringing copies of everything you've ever submitted to USCIS and NVC because sometimes things go missing. For example, I saw someone post very recently in a thread that their embassy claimed they didn't have a particular form that they knew they'd already submitted to NVC, and they got a 221g because of it.

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

1 hour ago, Hilde said:

Thank you for updating us with this information.

What "guidance issue" are they referring to?

I'm referring to the recent court ruling concerning the public charge rules

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/public-charge/injunction-of-the-inadmissibility-on-public-charge-grounds-final-rule

Filed: Timeline
52 minutes ago, 攀弥旺 said:

Can anybody translate in in normal English? I don't understand anything it said.

13 hours ago, Rhythmlicious said:

My interview is tomorrow! Excited and nervous at the same time, can't believe after such a long time it's finally coming to an end 😊

What was the outcome of the interview? My wife has her interview today as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, AllaR said:

Can anybody translate in in normal English? I don't understand anything it said.

There have always been rules in place to ensure an immigrant won't become a financial burden on the system, but a new ruling was made last year that was supposed to go into effect in October. With this ruling there is additional financial information that is provided on several different immigration forms. However, several court cases fought this ruling, so it didn't go into effect until February 2020.

Then of course coronavirus came into the picture and a national emergency was declared. The ruling on the link you posted states that during a national health emergency USCIS cannot use the additional information collected to decide whether to deny someone, they can only use the information that was previously required. As of July 29th, that means that any new applications shouldn't submit that extra info and that any already submitted info should be ignored.

Hope this helps!

Timeline
7 hours ago, TVC said:

Jen you're really a breath of fresh air to this thread. Keep being awesome.

Thank you that's very kind of you! Looking forward to hearing how the interviews go next week!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Hey guys I just want to share my wife latest visa interview result. THANK God she got APPROVED!!! she told me they didn't ask her anything. All they asked for was my I864 and my w2's. Nothing on the sponsors side. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

That's GREAT news, congratulations! Glad to hear the interview went so smoothly. 🎉

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Hey guys I just want to share my wife latest visa interview result. THANK God she got APPROVED!!! she told me they didn't ask her anything. All they asked for was my I864 and my w2's. Nothing on the sponsors side. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

Congratulations, so happy for you!!! Did she bring original I-864 and W2's, or copies? Fingers crossed that she'll get the passport back quickly, so she can travel to the new home ❤️

1 hour ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Felicidades 🎈🎊🎉!!!! 

It is so exciting to see approvals here in our side of the world! I’m so happy for you both! 

Can you tell us her experience? I think she is the first Latin American applicant that got approved so far.  After all this COVID mess I mean. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.