Captain Ewok

White House Petition to Add Executive Order Exception for Immediate Family Members and Fiances

222 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I know I’m late to this party .. but as I read the latest on the EO, it states that work visas that are temporary eg H1b ... are not affected.   So just how many immigrant visas are going to be delayed in the next 60 days ... a very small number considering the overall number of visa issued .. and just how is this small number of non issued immigrant visas going to make any impact on decreasing US unemployment ? I just can’t get my head around how this EO is going to achieve anything ? 

Edited by Lil bear

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Signed - thank you for this initiative! Been sweating it all day since my wife is on the interview stage. However I found some chatter that might be consistent to what our hopes are. 

From CNBC
"Americans who wish to bring immediate family to the country would still be able to do so, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity before the plan was announced.'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Here is the directive for 2 months. 

The president provided a rationale for the unprecedented decision that was primarily economic, arguing that he wants Americans to have access to work as millions of people have lost their jobs amid the coronavirus crisis

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
10 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

The trump Administration is planning to pass an Executive Order in the next 24 hours to suspend immigration to America.  While it's unlikely the President will change their mind on the general policy, we believe they may consider a narrow exception for immediate family members of US Citizens, including fiancés.  We've started a petition a the White House which requires 10,000 signatures to get attention and 100,000 signatures to get a formal response.  Please join us by signing the petition at the following link.  We should have the membership to make a solid run at getting enough signatures!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/change-immigration-suspension-executive-order-add-exception-immediate-family-members-us-citizens-0

(note the petition was changed to include fiance visa language... please verify you signed the updated petition if you signed earlier)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
10 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

The trump Administration is planning to pass an Executive Order in the next 24 hours to suspend immigration to America.  While it's unlikely the President will change their mind on the general policy, we believe they may consider a narrow exception for immediate family members of US Citizens, including fiancés.  We've started a petition a the White House which requires 10,000 signatures to get attention and 100,000 signatures to get a formal response.  Please join us by signing the petition at the following link.  We should have the membership to make a solid run at getting enough signatures!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/change-immigration-suspension-executive-order-add-exception-immediate-family-members-us-citizens-0

(note the petition was changed to include fiance visa language... please verify you signed the updated petition if you signed earlier)

Due to illness I can not travel and my husband  and I have been waiting to be reunited for a long time, visa expedite under humanitarian Aid and now it is still being held due to administrative processing and now covid-19. Now a hold on immigration? I can not tell you what a devastating impact this is on our lives.  We are a married couple who are Christians and law-abiding. We follow all the rules and now still waiting to reunite.  

59 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

I know I’m late to this party .. but as I read the latest on the EO, it states that work visas that are temporary eg H1b ... are not affected.   So just how many immigrant visas are going to be delayed in the next 60 days ... a very small number considering the overall number of visa issued .. and just how is this small number of non issued immigrant visas going to make any impact on decreasing US unemployment ? I just can’t get my head around how this EO is going to achieve anything ? 

It's futile to try to make sense of it all. They say they want to protect American jobs for Americans, but they're banning green card seekers (who are for the most part on immediate relative basis) instead of foreign temporary worker visas. Isn't it the work visa holders who will be "taking American jobs away"...? -- Not saying that banning work visa applicants would be commendable, just trying to follow their logic..

Edited by MlgSea

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, MlgSea said:

It's futile to try to make sense of it all. They say they want to protect American jobs for Americans, but they're banning green card seekers (who are for the most part on immediate relative basis) instead of foreign temporary worker visas. Isn't it the work visa holders who will be "taking American jobs away"...? -- Not saying that banning work visa applicants would be commendable, just trying to follow their logic..

Yes .. that’s what I’m seeing. 

1 hour ago, April M said:

Due to illness I can not travel and my husband  and I have been waiting to be reunited for a long time, visa expedite under humanitarian Aid and now it is still being held due to administrative processing and now covid-19. Now a hold on immigration? I can not tell you what a devastating impact this is on our lives.  We are a married couple who are Christians and law-abiding. We follow all the rules and now still waiting to reunite.  

Immigration is just chaotic. I am missing my wife didnt met her almost 2 years and now covid...LIFE IS TOUGH..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, jboltz03113 said:

Signed - thank you for this initiative! Been sweating it all day since my wife is on the interview stage. However I found some chatter that might be consistent to what our hopes are. 

From CNBC
"Americans who wish to bring immediate family to the country would still be able to do so, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity before the plan was announced.'

Do you know what does "immediate family" mean? Would that include parents of USC? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.