Captain Ewok

White House Petition to Add Executive Order Exception for Immediate Family Members and Fiances

222 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Rami91 said:

does anyone know if the executive order will affect the people who already got their visas but still stuck overseas? my fiance got it 2 months ago and she got stuck bc of the corona thing :( 

I'm in the same boat as you. My fiancé got her k1 approved back in late February and wanted to come out here 1st week of April from DR. Then all this happened now we're in limbo.  Her country won't let anyone in right now and only letting out US citizens and legal residents.  K1 holders would have to wait till DR opens back up, but now with the news of broad immigration stoppage, we're just disheartened to say the least. 

9:55 GMT - Trump immigration ban to apply for 90 days: Report

Trump’s declared executive order to halt immigration would deny entry for people seeking most types of work visas for at least 90 days, according to a draft version obtained by Bloomberg.

The new policy would include exemptions for healthcare or medical research professionals, and for those seeking jobs in "food production and directly helping to protect the supply chain", which could apply to farm workers.

The draft also states technology workers in the US on H-1B visas will have to provide updated certifications that they are not displacing US workers.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/coronavirus-dead-world-exceeds-170000-live-updates-200421005048334.html

7 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

The trump Administration is planning to pass an Executive Order in the next 24 hours to suspend immigration to America.  While it's unlikely the President will change their mind on the general policy, we believe they may consider a narrow exception for immediate family members of US Citizens, including fiancés.  We've started a petition a the White House which requires 10,000 signatures to get attention and 100,000 signatures to get a formal response.  Please join us by signing the petition at the following link.  We should have the membership to make a solid run at getting enough signatures!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/change-immigration-suspension-executive-order-add-exception-immediate-family-members-us-citizens-0

(note the petition was changed to include fiance visa language... please verify you signed the updated petition if you signed earlier)

Post on social media facebook/instagram/twitter so more and more people can sign this.

6 hours ago, little immigrant said:

My application for my son is at NVC stage. Submitted all documents yesterday. What will happen? I need to bring him here because the situation in Nicaragua is dire. Please advise. 

Yes, it is a mess. I am in the same situation. My documents for my wife are at NVC as well. Very frustrating.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

No absolutely not. I am a German immigrant and my wife is a Peruvian immigrant and we still say no. We understand your intention but my mother-in-law has COVID-19 in Lima. My nephew (where she got it from) has it also and is atypical.

Immigration globally needs to be shut down to stop the spread. Travel and immigration is how this disease spread from China in the first place.

Noble cause, but no. If anything, it must be stronger. Everybody quarantines and we stop the world for 2 to 3 weeks and this thing could possibly disappear....

Signed and shared to FB imigration group

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

1 minute ago, dstrausser83 said:

No absolutely not. I am a German immigrant and my wife is a Peruvian immigrant and we still say no. We understand your intention but my mother-in-law has COVID-19 in Lima. My nephew (where she got it from) has it also and is atypical.

Immigration globally needs to be shut down to stop the spread. Travel and immigration is how this disease spread from China in the first place.

Noble cause, but no. If anything, it must be stronger. Everybody quarantines and we stop the world for 2 to 3 weeks and this thing could possibly disappear....

Those of us already in country here are not spreading it if they’re following lockdown and social distancing... ! Green card immigration applies to us too.. with many stuck in limbo about application submissions and legal status

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
7 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

The trump Administration is planning to pass an Executive Order in the next 24 hours to suspend immigration to America.  While it's unlikely the President will change their mind on the general policy, we believe they may consider a narrow exception for immediate family members of US Citizens, including fiancés.  We've started a petition a the White House which requires 10,000 signatures to get attention and 100,000 signatures to get a formal response.  Please join us by signing the petition at the following link.  We should have the membership to make a solid run at getting enough signatures!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/change-immigration-suspension-executive-order-add-exception-immediate-family-members-us-citizens-0

(note the petition was changed to include fiance visa language... please verify you signed the updated petition if you signed earlier)

Signed.

29 minutes ago, dstrausser83 said:

if you shut, you shut complete travelling. What has been done is shut the front door but keep the windows and the back door open. 

duh

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Capn:

Unfortunately we support this ban as enthusiastically as we support enforcing stay at home and enforcing face masks.

We can return to normal life sooner if we halt travel and halt person to person spread of this virus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.