Captain Ewok

White House Petition to Add Executive Order Exception for Immediate Family Members and Fiances

222 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline
6 hours ago, jennywhite421 said:

I got approved for my IR1 on the 3rd March. Honestly, this is a nightmare and wish they would just give more details. Haven't stopped crying since yesterday. I'm meant to be going on Sunday.

Same situation. Approved 3rd of March.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My LPR spouse and I each signed the petition.  Each and every VisaJourney member and/or user should read and sign this petition. We are in this process together with our loved ones. 

*** More post removed. Again, this thread is NOT to ask questions about personal cases. It is to read and sign a petition.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gonzalaz said:

We don't know yet if this will affect spouses. It is likely that it won't. So you might not need to wait. 

You don't wait to do the work, you do what you can when you can. Many lawyers that I have talked to have said waiting is a waste of time if you can process paperwork. Always look to find what you can get done and get it done. 

3 hours ago, Harjot kaur said:

Can I sign this..? I am a green card holder . I am a permanent resident. I wait to live with my husband.! I have filed I-130 for him since 2018 .his case was so close for interview..? What should I do ..? 

Anyone can sign the petition. It just needs your name and verified email. 

22 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

The trump Administration is planning to pass an Executive Order in the next 24 hours to suspend immigration to America.  While it's unlikely the President will change their mind on the general policy, we believe they may consider a narrow exception for immediate family members of US Citizens, including fiancés.  We've started a petition a the White House which requires 10,000 signatures to get attention and 100,000 signatures to get a formal response.  Please join us by signing the petition at the following link.  We should have the membership to make a solid run at getting enough signatures!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/change-immigration-suspension-executive-order-add-exception-immediate-family-members-us-citizens-0

(note the petition was changed to include fiance visa language... please verify you signed the updated petition if you signed earlier)

22 hours ago, Reyess said:

I checked again, and I agree. My fiancé has signed as well but apparently it doesn’t show. 

22 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

The trump Administration is planning to pass an Executive Order in the next 24 hours to suspend immigration to America.  While it's unlikely the President will change their mind on the general policy, we believe they may consider a narrow exception for immediate family members of US Citizens, including fiancés.  We've started a petition a the White House which requires 10,000 signatures to get attention and 100,000 signatures to get a formal response.  Please join us by signing the petition at the following link.  We should have the membership to make a solid run at getting enough signatures!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/change-immigration-suspension-executive-order-add-exception-immediate-family-members-us-citizens-0

(note the petition was changed to include fiance visa language... please verify you signed the updated petition if you signed earlier)

God Bless everyone.🙂 Have a great day😃

** Again. This thread is purely to read and sign the petition. Do not use this thread to share your case or what your plans were before this order. Ask question about the petition or post about signing and supporting this petition.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.