NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 11/11/2019 at 7:43 AM, RedroseMT said:

One more reason to stay a LPR for good ( if someone decides so ) . 

I didn't check the docs, but I'd assume the GC renewal fee went up too.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
41 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

That's I90, correct? That went down from $455 to $415. An overview table of the price changes starts on page 155.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Soul Mates said:

That's I90, correct? That went down from $455 to $415. An overview table of the price changes starts on page 155.

That's reading from their chart. It's a bit confusing because the old fee doesn't include the biometric fee and I believe the new fee they list has it included already. So $540 down to $415? It's not very clear so I could be wrong.  😧

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Am I understanding correctly that they want to bring back separate filing fees for the I-765 and I-131 when filing concurrently with the I-485?

Page 81 of the proposed rule: "DHS proposes to require separate filing fees when filing Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization and Form I-131, Application for Travel Document concurrently with a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, or after USCIS accepts their Form I-485 and while it is still pending."

That would make things even more difficult for those adjusting from K-1 visas (and probably other visa types that I have no knowledge about). 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
20 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Ahh well ,we will have to pay that . 

Edited by RedroseMT

Timeline
4 hours ago, RJandHamid said:

Am I understanding correctly that they want to bring back separate filing fees for the I-765 and I-131 when filing concurrently with the I-485?

Page 81 of the proposed rule: "DHS proposes to require separate filing fees when filing Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization and Form I-131, Application for Travel Document concurrently with a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, or after USCIS accepts their Form I-485 and while it is still pending."

That would make things even more difficult for those adjusting from K-1 visas (and probably other visa types that I have no knowledge about). 

Yep, will make it a lot more expensive. There is a chart on page 86 that shows the old vs new price for different combination of options. If you want to get both the employment authorization and travel document, the total adjustment of status fee would be $2,195.

(Employment authorization is $490 and travel document is $585)

On 11/11/2019 at 8:06 AM, NYCQueens2017 said:

USCIS is required to conduct biennial reviews of the fees.  The biennial period of this review is FY 2019 and FY 2020.  My interpretation, therefore, is that the effective date mentioned on the review, will kick in between October 1st 2020 and September 30th 2021, if the proposal is approved.  

Reading this again, I believe that I have misinterpreted the meaning of the effective date.  It looks like that the goal is to adjust fees on or before September 30th, 2020, which is the end of the second year of the biennial period.

Comparing to the previous proposed rule and increase in fees on 12/23/2016, a rough estimate for the effective date of the current increase would be mid to late May 2020.

Let me know if anyone has different thoughts or views on this.

• Captain Ewok changed the title to USCIS proposes increasing application fees by 21% or more
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 6:47 AM, Deagle said:

Here's the deal, it is not in any party's interest that the USCIS are in deficit.

This is what I think USCIS should do:

Increase the fees for the N400 so they will not be losing money, and give the option of premium processing for a very short time (2-4 months guaranteed) for $2000.

This way USCIS will not lose money for processing application of the ones who can't pay the premium fee, and will be making good profit from the ones who does have the money.

That makes far too much sense! Therefore  it won’t happen. I’d have willingly loaned money to make this process quicker!! 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

On 11/11/2019 at 12:25 PM, Deagle said:

I think USCIS should increase the fees just a little bit for the standard processing so they can make some profit and not lose money, but they should also start premium processing for most of the petitions.

N400 for example, to reach the  Naturalization stage, that means the petitioner has lived in the US for a while and they should know everything about this person, or at least know about more than people who are applying for AOS. Therefore, processing time should be shorter. They should offer premium processing (2-4 months guaranteed) for $2,500 or $3000. This way they can make big profit from the people who can afford to pay big. Just like airlines, all passengers will get to board the airplane, but not everyone can afford first class tickets.

It makes no sense at all for there not to be a premium processing option for the N400. Especially given the process is already inherently unequal and unfair with processing times varying drastically from one office to the next. The PP option would at least give people in SLOW offices the option to pay for a faster service. I would have paid the fee in a heartbeat! As it stands, 8 months on I’m still waiting for an interview 🥴

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 12/8/2019 at 8:47 PM, N400NYC said:

It makes no sense at all for there not to be a premium processing option for the N400. Especially given the process is already inherently unequal and unfair with processing times varying drastically from one office to the next. The PP option would at least give people in SLOW offices the option to pay for a faster service. I would have paid the fee in a heartbeat! As it stands, 8 months on I’m still waiting for an interview 🥴

Why is there a rush to have premium processing for citizenship? I can understand need for premium processing for EAD I - 765 and I-485 as person is severely restricted in their life in US, but citizenship is an optioanl cherry on a completed cake. If anything it comes with its own trouble like having to do "jury duty" and "vote" More trouble than it is worse. The only significant benefit that I see is faster processing for family reunification purposes. 

Filed: Timeline

I dont believe premium processing will ever be an option. Mostly because the US was founded on the concept of everyone being treated equal. In immigration matters all petitions are treated equally no matter who you are and expedites are available for those in the military or with special circumstances -so being wealthy and able to afford to paying more shouldnt earn you a faster place in line. 

1 hour ago, Shiran said:

Why is there a rush to have premium processing for citizenship? I can understand need for premium processing for EAD I - 765 and I-485 as person is severely restricted in their life in US, but citizenship is an optioanl cherry on a completed cake. If anything it comes with its own trouble like having to do "jury duty" and "vote" More trouble than it is worse. The only significant benefit that I see is faster processing for family reunification purposes. 

Each person's situation is different. I cannot sponsor my fiance until I become a citizen. So each passing month of living in separate countries is painful. Family reunification is indeed a valid reason for faster processing. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.