Lotts

Everything is terrible and I am desperate for help

79 posts in this topic

** Just noticed you're not eligible for a loan, sorry! Maybe start a gofundme and share on your facebook! just for your flight home? A few pennies from enough people will help! x

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

You probably have more people willing to help you than he’s letting you believe. People like that have a good instinct for destroying others’ self esteem and self-confidence.  

Edited by bakphx1

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/13/2019 at 4:38 PM, Lotts said:

So, if I have left of my own accord due to this situation, that is not my fault, my future vacations are on the line? Am I not eligible for an ESTA after 2-3 years? (I've been here since May 2017)

My over-stay is definitely not my choice. My lack of AOS was not down to me spending money that was designated for the filing.

Am I really being penalised because of what he's done? I cannot come back for vacations? 

I was in a similar situation to you but if you can believe it, even worse. My husband was extremely physically abusive. I had no way of contacting anyone at all. Plus we had a baby so I couldn't leave the US no matter how much I wanted to. I know it's awful, but it will only get worse unless you do something now. You can leave the US and not get a ban, as long as you apply for 'forgiveness' basically. It's easy, don't worry about that. 

Something I would stress to you is if you are still with him, COLLECT HARD EVIDENCE. He spent the money he said he would use for your AOS? Get him admitting it in text or in an audio recording. He's emotionally abusive? Get evidence. He's asked you to work illegally? Get evidence. 

Because no matter what you decide do, people need you to prove what you're saying is true before they can help. Many people lie to get visas. Don't get stranded because you can't prove that you NEED help. 

Also, go back to England. I would do anything to be able to go home to the UK!! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

@Lotts - focus more on the actions at hand, and update us here whenever you can/are free to do so. This is understandably a difficult situation to overcome. Do update us when you are free to, particularly when you've returned home, so we all know you got away from this nightmare safely. <3

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Lotts said:

Aaahhh, hello. 💜

Things are quietly in motion.

I have applied for a renewed passport. Tracked and signed for delivery.

Turns out it was quicker and cheaper to do that in the long run rather than wait for the embassy.

Once I have that in my hands, I can get started on sorting out my belongings and Ed, my cat.

I have a place to go sorted as well as someone willing to come out to get me, fly back with me from PHL or JFK, and take some of my luggage as theirs to save with extra luggage costs. All that is cheaper than getting a one way ticket from my local airport! 😐

Nice to hear things are moving in the right direction for you! Congrats and keep us updated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lotts said:

Aaahhh, hello. 💜

Turns out it was quicker and cheaper to do that in the long run rather than wait for the embassy.

Once I have that in my hands, I can get started on sorting out my belongings and Ed, my cat.

I have a place to go sorted as well as someone willing to come out to get me, fly back with me from PHL or JFK, and take some of my luggage as theirs to save with extra luggage costs. All that is cheaper than getting a one way ticket from my local airport! 😐

I don't know which airline you're choosing, but Delta/KLM/Air France let your cat fly inside the cabin with you, but not into the UK. You would have to travel through France and the Euro Tunnel. 

If I was you I would book a return flight to save money. If you book through KLM it's cheaper than Delta in most cases, even though they're sister companies. Monday-Wednesday are usually cheaper. 

I flew with my cat to France in cabin, then took a taxi through the tunnel under the English Channel into the UK, as pets aren't allowed to fly in cabin into the UK. 

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-17-19    I-129F Received
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • 10-25-19  NOA2 / Hardcopy Received 11-1-19
  • 11-7-19    NVC RECEIVED
  • 11-12-19  RECEIVED CASE #
  • 3-17-20    MEDICAL (CANCELLED) 
  • 3-30-20    INTERVIEW (CANCELLED) 
  • 6-25-20    MEDICAL (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • 7-8-20      INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED)
  • 7-9-20   INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
22 hours ago, Lotts said:

Aaahhh, hello. 💜

I may or may not be mildly stalking you around here to keep up with your progress to get home :D

GREAT news to hear that things seem to be moving in a positive direction now! In these instances where you just don't know where to start, once something - ANYthing - happens, it suddenly feels like the ball is rolling and it's easier to manage.

I'm so happy to hear someone may accompany you home - sometimes just someone's presence in times like this makes a world of difference.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

I'm so glad to hear you're making some progress towards getting out.  It must be wonderful to see there's light at the end of the tunnel.  Keep going.  I bet there will be some bumps on the way, but you're almost there!

On J visas.  Spouse won DV lottery while in US.  Did AOS from the US.

Boston field office, GC holder for 10 years.

Citizenship received in 2016, took ~5 months from application to passport.

Spouse received citizenship in 2019

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello.

Okay, so, a few updates. 

I've had to install a sleep talk app to I could record all the things that have been going on; the abuse, stuff behind my back etc..

So, I found out that he has been continuing to contact and arrange to meet some girl he was (trying to be) secretly in and out of bed with since I've been here, even though he swore blind he wasn't.

After all the being so skint and living on hot pockets and cheap noodles... Spent the money his mum gave us for my AoS TWICE, tells everyone that he can't get my green card etc., because bills, food etc., I found out today that since march 19th, he's spend around $1500 illegally obtaining Adderall, "powder" and crystal meth. All behind my back, sneaking out at weekends, staying behind after work, making me walk around a Walmart in an area I wasnt comfortable with whilst he "fixed his steering wheel"... But picked up drugs. Taking them, selling them to his cousins etc.

I have everything on audio. I took photos of the texts between him and this woman selling him her prescription and asking for money in general. The deals are going on in his place of work!!! A Christian mechanic auto shop!!!!

Yet, I cannot get some conditioner. 😒 Some decent food or nutritional drinks.

All I got from the confrontation was a shrug, "sure", "what ever you think", "what ever you say".

My new passport is currently being mailed back to me. I've told him I want out, I want this divorce badly and I'm going to speak to his mother because she needs to know. She things I'm the bad person. So, as usual, I've been threatened with the repercussions, I'll be on the street, ICE, etc and I should not say anything... Gave me the whole I'm a bad wife, if I was a wife he wouldn't have to do these things etc.. all that BS. Classic him turn around move.

I'm absolutely fuming. He's done NOTHING but lie to me and mugged everyone else off.

I cannot wait to get my passport. I'm out of here. I've married a pathological liar, a cheater, a dealer, a deadbeat, an abusive a-hole. I am SO mad at myself. So, so mad. 

I just need to sort out Ed, I've basically packed all my stuff apart from clothes I've been wearing... I need to go home back to a place of love, support, positivity, and kindness. Not this prison cell of a basement with this controlling sociopath. 

So, a couple of questions, where does all of this stand with VAWA/WAVA(?) 

What would you do with all of this evidence? The audio, photos of texts etc..

Does anyone know where I can find a money tree so I can get out of here 😆

Thank you for letting me rant. I appreciate you all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Good for you for your detective work and for refusing to put up with garbage.

Others will be along with objective and potential VAWA advice.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.