Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Anyone here besides me with Dallas as their local office?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Interview at philadelphia office.

We were 5 minutes late for interview(Tip- keep plenty of leeway for parking and driving and long security line). 

check in at front desk, Finger print on first floor than wait at door 2 second floor. We were called in as soon as we sat down. Officer was really good. Chitchat mostly. Ask about our kid while walking down aisle to interview room. 
question- Verify entire I 130 with husband( bios yes no questions)and I 485 bios with me and yes no questions

hows wedding ceremony?
wedding date?

where we met?

honeymoon where, how many days? 

any proof of relationships? (He was more interested in pictures than document, he kept all documents and pictures.)

future plans? With work and life together? We told them about our upcoming promotions and buying house in a year or two. 
approved on the spot. 
case updated after one hour- new card being produced and next day approved?

waiting for card in mail.

good luck to everyone. Just be honest, if you get few dates wrong they understand. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone! 

I had my AOS interview yesterday.... we got approved!!! 😁 USCIS office: Indianapolis 

My husband and I were called in together. They asked him most of the questions about our relationship but nothing too detailed. They were all just standard "how did you meet, how long did you date before getting engaged, where was your wedding?" 

Then they asked me the long yes/no questions of "have you ever committed a crime?" Etc. So annoying 😂  

The only things she asked for was to to see our birth certificates and passports/ID. That was it. 

Then after looking through our application, she said "I'll approve your case!"  - my online status already shows that a new card is being produced 😊 

We are so relieved this journey is over! (Well until another 2 years Haha) 

Best of luck to everyone else here!! Thank you to those who helped me. 

If anyone has more questions about the interview, feel free to message me! 

On 2/10/2020 at 4:34 PM, Hunter & Robyn said:

Hey there! 

I have my interview coming up and just wanted to find out from anyone who has already had their interview and didn’t get any updates on your EAD (with SSN requested): did you receive a SSN card after your interview with your green card, or did you have to go to the SSN office to apply for one? 

Thank you and sending good vibes to everyone. 

Yes, Exact same question. Our interview is 12 March.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I have my interview in San Jose, California office this Friday 2/14. 

I noticed I have to bring a birth certificate (I'm the sponsor, US citizen), but I was born in an U.S. territory. I wasn't able to get the original copy of my birth certificate since I had to call the hospital (off-shore) to authorize my friends to get the original birth certificate and it won't arrive in time so I had them scan it and I printed it.

Question 1: Would they accept this scanned form? There was no way I was going to be able to travel to my home town to get the certificate and fly back due to work.

Question 2: My wife, is pregnant... we just found out 2 weeks ago XD.  If the officer does ask any related questions to pregnancy we'll answer truthfully, but is it worth bringing it up while doing the interview and we supposedly talk about our relationship timeline and happened to give the pregnancy news too?

09/12/19: Sent AOS package

09/14/19: Package arrived at Chicago.

09/30/19: Received 3 text notification at 10 PM

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

10/01/19: Check cashed after 12 AM (pending at current time of writing)

10/05/19: Received 3 NOA 1 letters (hard copy in mail)

10/25/19: Bio-metrics Appointment

11/12/19: Received RFE for spouse's birth certificate

11/29/19: Case Center received our RFE response letter and documents

12/20/19: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

01/10/20: Case is Interview Was Scheduled

01/17/20: Received interview letter in mail. Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2020 (Valentine's Day)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Save85 said:

I noticed I have to bring a birth certificate (I'm the sponsor, US citizen), but I was born in an U.S. territory. I wasn't able to get the original copy of my birth certificate since I had to call the hospital (off-shore) to authorize my friends to get the original birth certificate and it won't arrive in time so I had them scan it and I printed it.

Question 1: Would they accept this scanned form? There was no way I was going to be able to travel to my home town to get the certificate and fly back due to work.

Question 2: My wife, is pregnant... we just found out 2 weeks ago XD.  If the officer does ask any related questions to pregnancy we'll answer truthfully, but is it worth bringing it up while doing the interview and we supposedly talk about our relationship timeline and happened to give the pregnancy news too?

I hope someone will be able to give answer to your questions beacause am in thesame situation but have not been schedule for interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

They did not ask for my husbands birth certificate. We actually sent only my husbands passport with the petition and they didnt ask for neither at the interview as the lady said that she had everything from the petition. Thats just my experience. 

In my opinion I would only answer what they ask me but as you said, do not lie about it if it does come up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just asked same question from someone from july filler he replied that they didnt ask for it,though he brought it to the interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Eva_AJ said:

They did not ask for my husbands birth certificate. We actually sent only my husbands passport with the petition and they didnt ask for neither at the interview as the lady said that she had everything from the petition. Thats just my experience. 

In my opinion I would only answer what they ask me but as you said, do not lie about it if it does come up.

3 minutes ago, Yeap said:

I just asked same question from someone from july filler he replied that they didnt ask for it,though he brought it to the interview.

Thanks both! I did hear from others that they didn't ask for it, but I'll bring my scanned copy just incase! Makes me re-assured with your answers! Thanks!

09/12/19: Sent AOS package

09/14/19: Package arrived at Chicago.

09/30/19: Received 3 text notification at 10 PM

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-765 'Case Was Received dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-131 'Case Was Received' dated' 9/16 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

09/30/19: NOA 1: I-485 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received' and dated 9/27 (checked status on USCIS site using receipt number)

10/01/19: Check cashed after 12 AM (pending at current time of writing)

10/05/19: Received 3 NOA 1 letters (hard copy in mail)

10/25/19: Bio-metrics Appointment

11/12/19: Received RFE for spouse's birth certificate

11/29/19: Case Center received our RFE response letter and documents

12/20/19: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

01/10/20: Case is Interview Was Scheduled

01/17/20: Received interview letter in mail. Interview is scheduled on 02/14/2020 (Valentine's Day)

We did our interview yesterday. The interview was maybe 10-15 minutes. Asked to see our rings, new photos, K1 Visa, AP/EAD card and joint bank accounts. He also asked if she has health insurance. We provided him copies of proof of insurance, proof that she is my beneficiary on my 401k and tax returns (he didn’t ask for any of that though). He asked me if I knew her parents names and occupations and how we met. All they asked her was the yes and no questions on the AOS form, such as drug trafficking and terrorism. Also said wow you speak English lol 

Our case has changed to case under review. I guess we will just have to wait some more while they decide if we get approved or not.

13 hours ago, Zach2015 said:

We did our interview yesterday. The interview was maybe 10-15 minutes. Asked to see our rings, new photos, K1 Visa, AP/EAD card and joint bank accounts. He also asked if she has health insurance. We provided him copies of proof of insurance, proof that she is my beneficiary on my 401k and tax returns (he didn’t ask for any of that though). He asked me if I knew her parents names and occupations and how we met. All they asked her was the yes and no questions on the AOS form, such as drug trafficking and terrorism. Also said wow you speak English lol 

Our case has changed to case under review. I guess we will just have to wait some more while they decide if we get approved or not.

I also had my interview yesterday and got the same update « interview was completed and my case is under review ».

i have no clue how long we gonna wait again 😩

Seeing late December filers getting their EAD and AP approval is like salt AND lemon juice being poured on the wound. :crying:

4 minutes ago, Mrs. M said:

Seeing late December filers getting their EAD and AP approval is like salt AND lemon juice being poured on the wound. :crying:

We know the feeling. :(

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.