Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, thausa said:

My interview in is a week, I'm excited and anxious here. 
I'm married to my spouse almost 3 years now, he's a Air Force service member. We got ordered to Little Rock AR so it has been very stressful with finding a new home, moving and getting everything I need for the interview. 

So far I have gathered, 
- Our new home lease.
- Joint Bank accounts.
- Joint Credit cards.
- Car insurance.
- Health insurance.
- Phone account.

Our pictures with friends and family, our tickets traveled to see his family and see each other when he's out training. 

Is there anything else I should prepare for my interview? What should I wear?
TIA

I think all those should be fine. Our officer asked for my original birth certificate but my mistake that I forgot all my original documents but still she accepted the photocopy. We wore business casual like we are going for a job interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
16 minutes ago, May531 said:

I think all those should be fine. Our officer asked for my original birth certificate but my mistake that I forgot all my original documents but still she accepted the photocopy. We wore business casual like we are going for a job interview.

Thank you :)

10/02/19 AOS Package received.
10/15/19 Hard copy NOA received with a notice.
10/19/19 Received I-797C biometric appointment.
11/01/19 Biometrics completed.
11/08/19 Case was updated to Fingerprints were taken and in Process.
11/26/19 Form I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview".
01/21/20 I-765 "New card is being produced".
01/22/20 I-765 "Case was approved".
01/23/20 Form I-485 "Interview was scheduled".
01/24/20 I-765 "Card Was Mailed to me".
01/27/20 I-765 "Card was picked up by USPS" expected delivery by 01/29/20.
01/27/20 I-765 "Approval notice letter".
01/27/20 Form I-485 Interview Letter received. Interview Date 03/04/2020.

01/29/20 EAD Card in hand.

03/04/20 Interview was complete but my case must be reviewed.

03/05/20 New Card is being Produced.

03/06/20 I-130 and I-485 "Case was approved"

03/10/20 10 years Green card in hand.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 2/10/2020 at 3:31 PM, MarryMe987654 said:

Hello, mine's in Montgomery, Alabama. I have received my EAD/AP on December 27th last year. I filed my AOS in September.

just be patient.

I sent you a DM

10/02/19 AOS Package received.
10/15/19 Hard copy NOA received with a notice.
10/19/19 Received I-797C biometric appointment.
11/01/19 Biometrics completed.
11/08/19 Case was updated to Fingerprints were taken and in Process.
11/26/19 Form I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview".
01/21/20 I-765 "New card is being produced".
01/22/20 I-765 "Case was approved".
01/23/20 Form I-485 "Interview was scheduled".
01/24/20 I-765 "Card Was Mailed to me".
01/27/20 I-765 "Card was picked up by USPS" expected delivery by 01/29/20.
01/27/20 I-765 "Approval notice letter".
01/27/20 Form I-485 Interview Letter received. Interview Date 03/04/2020.

01/29/20 EAD Card in hand.

03/04/20 Interview was complete but my case must be reviewed.

03/05/20 New Card is being Produced.

03/06/20 I-130 and I-485 "Case was approved"

03/10/20 10 years Green card in hand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Hi everyone I'm a 10th Sept filer. I don't have any updates new after these: 1. I-765 Fingerprints were taken (October), I-131 Case was received (Sept) and I-485 Response to RFEI was received (Nov).

Is anyone in the same situation like me? I called them last week and they told me that I have to wait at less 2 months more, because USCIS is working now in 29th June applications.

I'm reading a lot of September filers with updates, interviews and EAD ready. :( I'm in DC area. It is frustrating.

23 minutes ago, Juliee said:

Hi everyone I'm a 10th Sept filer. I don't have any updates new after these: 1. I-765 Fingerprints were taken (October), I-131 Case was received (Sept) and I-485 Response to RFEI was received (Nov).

Is anyone in the same situation like me? I called them last week and they told me that I have to wait at less 2 months more, because USCIS is working now in 29th June applications.

I'm reading a lot of September filers with updates, interviews and EAD ready. :( I'm in DC area. It is frustrating.

don't worry you are not alone.  I am in the same position, and others in this thread too including @Sarge2155

It is indeed true that many September and October filers already have their EAD in hand.

hard to know how USCIS processes these EAD/AP forms.  what I can say is that 6 months seems to be the "standard" by USCIS processing times and honestly were it not for seeing other VJ members getting approvals more quickly I probably would have just assumed it wouldn't happen until March anyway.

that is all true for the EAD/AP.  GC interview dependent on local office.

47 minutes ago, Juliee said:

Nothing you can  do but hurry up and wait. Who knows  why some are fast  some are slow. We happen to be slow. Don't  frustrate yourself just let it go and remember it could be worse!!!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

Nothing you can  do but hurry up and wait. Who knows  why some are fast  some are slow. We happen to be slow. Don't  frustrate yourself just let it go and remember it could be worse!!!

Indeed.  In many ways this process reminds me of the N400 naturalization process I went through (this AOS is for my wife).  When I filed the N400 I was basically told it would take a year, by my lawyer and the USCIS processing times.  In the meantime I spent a ton of time on VJ and checking status constantly, basically making myself way more stressed.

Sure enough it took a year, and probably would have saved myself a ton of stress in the meantime if I hadn't constantly checked to see how other people's cases were progressing.

Clearly I haven't learned my lesson as I am still doing this now!  But anyway... if it takes 6 months I guess that is where I always thought it would be.  What worries me is the cases out there for 8 months.........

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, Juliee said:

I'm in the same situation, 9/16 filer and ready to interview since 12/5 with no EAD

I checked the processing times this week and it was extended even further by another half month. 

They're now on June 12th applications..

18 hours ago, thausa said:

My interview in is a week, I'm excited and anxious here. 
I'm married to my spouse almost 3 years now, he's a Air Force service member. We got ordered to Little Rock AR so it has been very stressful with finding a new home, moving and getting everything I need for the interview. 

So far I have gathered, 
- Our new home lease.
- Joint Bank accounts.
- Joint Credit cards.
- Car insurance.
- Health insurance.
- Phone account.

Our pictures with friends and family, our tickets traveled to see his family and see each other when he's out training. 

Is there anything else I should prepare for my interview? What should I wear?
TIA

You'll be fine. Don't worry. Military members are almost never involved in the scamming that goes on, so I think, you're good to go, no matter what.

On 2/25/2020 at 10:27 AM, Fe.Ta said:

Hi! It took 14-15 days between one and the other. So, two weeks for it to say it was ready for interview (for the GC). Then, another two weeks to say EAD and AP were approved. Now, I must clarify, while they say premium processing does not affect GC, etc., I have found that for us it worked in getting quicker responses for RFE responses, etc. and even being eligible to submit inquires sooner (we could have submitted one if they had not responded within two weeks to our RFE). May or may not be true, but worth sharing.

Hi, may i know what is premium processing?

11 minutes ago, CLUAE said:

Hi, may i know what is premium processing?

Hello! 

As I said before, it should not apply to AOS according to the official page. However, my experience seems that it worked when getting a response to RFE, etc. within two weeks, so I am just sharing that it might be worth the shot, even though officially it shouldn’t apply, since in my experience it worked.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-do-i-request-premium-processing

Edited by Fe.Ta
Na

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Received notification just now that card for EAD was mailed today.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Havent visited the forum in awhile since I started a new job. Today I check my status for i485

Our interview was scheduled today! Really happy since Portland OR office seems to be backed up and I got scheduled in under 6 months since we filed. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just got an update that my EAD card is being produced! Finally! PD was Sept 19th. 

Keep faith, yours is coming soon!

Edited by PaShah

1 hour ago, PaShah said:

Just got an update that my EAD card is being produced! Finally! PD was Sept 19th. 

Keep faith, yours is coming soon!

wow congrats!  we filed on the exact same day as you, however no news for us yet.  very happy for you and hope it is a good sign for us too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.