Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Mrs. M said:

Seeing late December filers getting their EAD and AP approval is like salt AND lemon juice being poured on the wound. :crying:

Yeah, I know the feeling it's heart wrenching, but what can we do. I'm seeing lots  of folks expediting and getting approved whether a valid  expedite or not! You and I our dates are very close our biometrics date is the same could there be something to that? I shudder to think they got lost!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

23 minutes ago, Mrs. M said:

Seeing late December filers getting their EAD and AP approval is like salt AND lemon juice being poured on the wound. :crying:

the whole thing is driving me crazy....!!

3 minutes ago, nyj215 said:

the whole thing is driving me crazy....!!

Your dates are very similar also, but many other September  filers here have their EADs so maybe ours is on the new guys desk or the guy on vacation or worst even....on a cruise!!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

8 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yeah, I know the feeling it's heart wrenching, but what can we do. I'm seeing lots  of folks expediting and getting approved whether a valid  expedite or not! You and I our dates are very close our biometrics date is the same could there be something to that? I shudder to think they got lost!

Similar dates here!  I don't think getting lost is likely, but who knows.  But the longer I see the trends here, the more convinced I am that they pick a good amount of lucky filers each month to be processed around the 3 month mark while leaving a ton to be 6 months+, and that way the average processing time doesn't look as bad as it otherwise would.  In other words, a little "last in first out" mixed with the general "first in first out"

12 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

You just have no luck when it comes to immigration. As far as people expediting, I will bite my tongue on that issue. I don’t think they lost your documents. Just testing your patience as usual. 

2 minutes ago, nyj215 said:

Similar dates here!  I don't think getting lost is likely, but who knows.  But the longer I see the trends here, the more convinced I am that they pick a good amount of lucky filers each month to be processed around the 3 month mark while leaving a ton to be 6 months+, and that way the average processing time doesn't look as bad as it otherwise would.  In other words, a little "last in first out" mixed with the general "first in first out"

I would not put it past  them there  are many  many stories  here  on VJ about  things getting lost! At any rate I'm going to follow yours and @Mrs. M

Time  lines so if ya'll get some action I'll be sure to be alerted.

1 minute ago, Zach2015 said:

You just have no luck when it comes to immigration. As far as people expediting, I will bite my tongue on that issue. I don’t think they lost your documents. Just testing your patience as usual. 

I understand I have to bite mine also!

Citizenship Complete!

20 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

I have had the same thought, and it's terrifying! If we go over the 7 month mark we should be able to expedite automatically, right?

6 minutes ago, Mrs. M said:

I have had the same thought, and it's terrifying! If we go over the 7 month mark we should be able to expedite automatically, right?

No not automatic, but we can submit a out of processing inquiry once it goes past a certain date. I think they are on the latter part of July 2019 now meaning  we have to wait until the date reaches September in my case 23rd NOA notice date BEFORE you can submit a inquiry. Yeah just checked  the date to file an inquiry  is July 26th, so we got a while.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

It's the government:

Some people get the quick guy, some the slow guy and many in-between.

I was feeling just like you and then all of a sudden we got the interview date, however we still have no update for 115 days of our 765 request.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

After 1.5 months, I received my new EAD with my correct name on it. Something so simple, and it takes them that much time.

10 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

After 1.5 months, I received my new EAD with my correct name on it. Something so simple, and it takes them that much time.

Well at least you got it!

Citizenship Complete!

Thank you to all that have shared their experiences and questions.  Jotting them now so we can have an idea!  Our status was changed to ready for interview about two weeks ago, still waiting, probably not going to hear for a while since Orlando takes a while. :( Cheering on the few of us that are left!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

32 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Thank you to all that have shared their experiences and questions.  Jotting them now so we can have an idea!  Our status was changed to ready for interview about two weeks ago, still waiting, probably not going to hear for a while since Orlando takes a while. :( Cheering on the few of us that are left!

We had our interview last week, but still in limbo because a decision has not been made in our case. So more waiting patiently.

Just now, Zach2015 said:

We had our interview last week, but still in limbo because a decision has not been made in our case. So more waiting patiently.

I hope you get to hear soon.  I am sure everything will be fine. :)  Just looking forward to the 2 year "break".

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

I hope you get to hear soon.  I am sure everything will be fine. :)  Just looking forward to the 2 year "break".

Tell me about it. Looking for that break too!

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.