Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Anne Singalong said:

My case is being handled by the National Benefits Center. Out of all the service centers, they are the most backlogged. They are STILL currently working on July 16, 2019 cases. Their processing time for EAD is between 5-7mos. Is there anyone here with the same situation as me? I also filed my AOS last Sept 2019. Still no news regarding my AP/EAD.

I believe all EAD/AP are handled by National Benefits Office. I think there are some people on this forum that are still waiting for theirs. 

2 hours ago, Anne Singalong said:

My case is being handled by the National Benefits Center. Out of all the service centers, they are the most backlogged. They are STILL currently working on July 16, 2019 cases. Their processing time for EAD is between 5-7mos. Is there anyone here with the same situation as me? I also filed my AOS last Sept 2019. Still no news regarding my AP/EAD.

I think basically everyone in this thread is in the same situation regarding NBC being the office processing the EAD/AP.

Many filers have had their approvals already, and indeed that is the case for some October 2019 and even November 2019 filers.  However there are also a pretty good number of us who do not.  Same for some August and July filers.  

I haven't been able to figure out any reason why there is such a disparity in processing times, but anyway I think you don't need to worry that you are alone in your situation!  It is very frustrating but many of us are in the same boat.

2 hours ago, Anne Singalong said:

Hello thank you for that. I just called USCIS. Apparently my case is being handled by the NBC. Their processing time is between 5-7mos. They are still currently working on July 16, 2019 cases. So frustrating. Which service center handled your case? Did you receive your EAD/AP already?

Hello, mine's in Montgomery, Alabama. I have received my EAD/AP on December 27th last year. I filed my AOS in September.

just be patient.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

May 3, 2024: Ordered marriage certificate and death certificate from PSA online

May 9, 2024: Received email from PSA that marriage cert is blurred/eligible--will need 15 more days for reverification

May 22, 2024: Marriage Cert received from PSA (death cert was delivered 2 weeks earlier)

May 23, 2024: Uploaded new files to the CEAC website

May 29, 2024: Documentary Qualified

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 minute ago, MarryMe987654 said:

Hello, mine's in Montgomery, Alabama. I have received my EAD/AP on December 27th last year. I filed my AOS in September.

just be patient.

I received mine on December 29th, 2019 and I filed my AOS in October.

My office is in Montgomery, AL as well. When is your interview date? my interview is March 04, 2020.

10/02/19 AOS Package received.
10/15/19 Hard copy NOA received with a notice.
10/19/19 Received I-797C biometric appointment.
11/01/19 Biometrics completed.
11/08/19 Case was updated to Fingerprints were taken and in Process.
11/26/19 Form I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview".
01/21/20 I-765 "New card is being produced".
01/22/20 I-765 "Case was approved".
01/23/20 Form I-485 "Interview was scheduled".
01/24/20 I-765 "Card Was Mailed to me".
01/27/20 I-765 "Card was picked up by USPS" expected delivery by 01/29/20.
01/27/20 I-765 "Approval notice letter".
01/27/20 Form I-485 Interview Letter received. Interview Date 03/04/2020.

01/29/20 EAD Card in hand.

03/04/20 Interview was complete but my case must be reviewed.

03/05/20 New Card is being Produced.

03/06/20 I-130 and I-485 "Case was approved"

03/10/20 10 years Green card in hand.

9 minutes ago, thausa said:

I received mine on December 29th, 2019 and I filed my AOS in October.

My office is in Montgomery, AL as well. When is your interview date? my interview is March 04, 2020.

Mine's on March 3rd in the afternoon.

New Petition:

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

May 9, 2024: Received email from PSA that marriage cert is blurred/eligible--will need 15 more days for reverification

May 22, 2024: Marriage Cert received from PSA (death cert was delivered 2 weeks earlier)

@nyj215

My dates are very similar to yours. I have heard nothing either about the EAD or AP. The only thing I can reason is they are not finished with their checks whether  background or whatever. Just like with the K1s some  couples get approved super fast while others struggle through with extra long approval times. Hard to understand makes little sense. I feel you though I'm  right here with you. Coming up on 5 months in a few days.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

I have a question to people who have their interviews in March.

Are you going to file your tax returns now in February so that in March at the interview you would actually have the "tax returns for the most recent year" as it says in the letter?

Time to file taxes is mid April, so I guess some people will probably just do it last minute. Not sure if this can influence the interview in any way?

It's like salt on the wound every time I get the email updates from VisaJourney that our AP and EAD approvals are past due. :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hey there! 

I have my interview coming up and just wanted to find out from anyone who has already had their interview and didn’t get any updates on your EAD (with SSN requested): did you receive a SSN card after your interview with your green card, or did you have to go to the SSN office to apply for one? 

Thank you and sending good vibes to everyone. 

3 hours ago, mark08 said:

Are you going to file your tax returns now in February so that in March at the interview you would actually have the "tax returns for the most recent year" as it says in the letter?

Time to file taxes is mid April, so I guess some people will probably just do it last minute. Not sure if this can influence the interview in any way?

My interview is on March 3rd and although my husband has received his W2 from work, we are still waiting for more tax documents before we can file. We already assumed that the return for 2019 will not be available in 3 weeks so we are just going to bring other documents such as paystubs, letter from employer, 2018 tax documents and 2019 W2. Worst case scenario is they will not approve on the spot and request us for 2019 tax documents later.

New Petition:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 hours ago, MarryMe987654 said:

Mine's on March 3rd in the afternoon.

Mine is the afternoon as well. What did you have prepared so far documents wise?

so far, 

I have bank statement show that we both have joint accounts as well as our credit cards.

Health Insurance together through military.

Phone account.

Our house lease agreement.

Pictures together. 

Not sure what else should I prepare.

10/02/19 AOS Package received.
10/15/19 Hard copy NOA received with a notice.
10/19/19 Received I-797C biometric appointment.
11/01/19 Biometrics completed.
11/08/19 Case was updated to Fingerprints were taken and in Process.
11/26/19 Form I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview".
01/21/20 I-765 "New card is being produced".
01/22/20 I-765 "Case was approved".
01/23/20 Form I-485 "Interview was scheduled".
01/24/20 I-765 "Card Was Mailed to me".
01/27/20 I-765 "Card was picked up by USPS" expected delivery by 01/29/20.
01/27/20 I-765 "Approval notice letter".
01/27/20 Form I-485 Interview Letter received. Interview Date 03/04/2020.

01/29/20 EAD Card in hand.

03/04/20 Interview was complete but my case must be reviewed.

03/05/20 New Card is being Produced.

03/06/20 I-130 and I-485 "Case was approved"

03/10/20 10 years Green card in hand.

8 hours ago, thausa said:

Mine is the afternoon as well. What did you have prepared so far documents wise?

so far, 

I have bank statement show that we both have joint accounts as well as our credit cards.

Health Insurance together through military.

Phone account.

Our house lease agreement.

Pictures together. 

Not sure what else should I prepare.

I honestly haven't gone through the documents that I will be bringing but ours is similar to yours except for the phone account and lease.

We are in the process of adding me in his owned house but not sure if that'll be available on time.

In addition, I will be bringing the following:

- other utility bills that are both our names (Internet and power)

- his 401k statement where I am the beneficiary, 

- his life insurance where I am the beneficiary

- Car registrations where I am added as a secondary driver

- Car insurance

- Health insurance

- Company-provided pharmacy account where I am added in

- Letters with both our names in it

And of course, the usual stuff:

- Joint bank accounts

- Credit cards

- Pictures together and with family/friends

If I think of anything else that I might add before the interview date, I will post here and let you know.

New Petition:

On 2/10/2020 at 1:26 PM, mark08 said:

GOOD QUESTION. But I need my SS numbers, which they don't have yet, so must wait. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
2 minutes ago, May531 said:

I just have a question, our interview will gonna be this Feb14 but I really have to go home in my country as my grandma is in critical condition. How long does the green card usually arrive once approve? 

Mine arrived 6 days after approval. It went pretty quick from case approved to USPS getting it to me. I did waited 3 weeks for approval after the interview though. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.