Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:56 AM, Pom1 said:

We want it to rain CCs this month🙏

It is going to rain all week this week.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

Just scheduled interview appointment at the consulate in Río de Janeiro for July 9th at 9am! Fingerprints and pic scheduled July 2nd!

God is great! 

Interview is actually July 29th at 8:40am. I got too excited when typing! 😂 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/1/2019 at 6:42 PM, CarlosSeoanes said:

Below is a links of the news, crazy!:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48486672

What purpose would vetting someone's social media account serve? This doesn't make sense to me...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, luneta said:

Congratulations!

Was this the earliest date you could pick?

Thank you!

The day and time I picked (July 29th/8:40am). 😊 

19 minutes ago, Team A Forever said:

What purpose would vetting someone's social media account serve? This doesn't make sense to me...

🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Team A Forever said:

Seriously?  They are looking for the beneficiaries support radical groups or gangs.  Anti-American rhetoric or criminal enterprises.  The US does have the right to know who they are allowing into the country.  

Sometimes the foreigner complaining about the country they are trying to enter does seem a bit over the top.  Beneficiaries have NO rights in the US until the US grants those rights.  Complaining about the process like the US owes you something is working against you best interests.  If you have nothing to hide you most likely won't be too concerned.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Seriously?  They are looking for the beneficiaries support radical groups or gangs.  Anti-American rhetoric or criminal enterprises.  The US does have the right to know who they are allowing into the country.  

Sometimes the foreigner complaining about the country they are trying to enter does seem a bit over the top.  Beneficiaries have NO rights in the US until the US grants those rights.  Complaining about the process like the US owes you something is working against you best interests.  If you have nothing to hide you most likely won't be too concerned.

Thank you for your response. I guess I was looking at this through the lens of someone who uses social media to stay connected to family members I don't get to see often, articles relating to my own interests, and photo sharing. My husband and I would have nothing to worry about. It just seemed unnecessary from my point of view. Again, thanks for the clarity.

3 minutes ago, Team A Forever said:

Thank you for your response. I guess I was looking at this through the lens of someone who uses social media to stay connected to family members I don't get to see often, articles relating to my own interests, and photo sharing. My husband and I would have nothing to worry about. It just seemed unnecessary from my point of view. Again, thanks for the clarity.

I understand.  They really seem to be looking for specific online behaviors that may raise dome red flags.  They have actually been doing this for a while.  They just started asking for sites.  This has been a policy as laid out below...

Social media

"In May, the Office of Management and Budget approved State’s request to begin asking about up to 15 years of social media history of applicants deemed to pose a potential risk of terrorism, which the department estimated would affect about 65,000 — or 0.5 percent — of all U.S. visa applicants"

The Department of Homeland Security has been moving to include and expand review of social media information as well.

In the wake of the 2015 San Bernardino shooting, two DHS components — Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Citizenship and Immigration Service — each launched data collection pilots to screen the social media presence of some prospective immigrants and visitors.

An inspector general report released in March 2017, while redacting certain information, made clear ICE’s test program involved more than a one-time check of public-facing social media posts.

Then-Secretary of DHS John Kelly testified before Congress in February 2017 that the department also would consider collecting social media passwords at border crossings as part of its procedures for “extreme vetting.”

In September, DHS announced it was adding social media information, internet search results and information from commercial data providers to its immigration records.

Both USCIS and the US embassy have both recently started checking any Social media platforms on some cases. for some cases.

No way to know if they look at yours,

it is your choice as a couple how you show your relationship on any social media platform. Each case will be judged on all the merits of the case not just one thing.

If you must ask then I would reocmmend that you show your relationship on social media.

DHS has established a task force for using social media to screen applicants for immigration benefits. In connection with that effort, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) began pilots to expand social media screening of immigration applicants. Additionally, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) independently began a pilot to use social media screening during the visa issuance process. However, these pilots, on which DHS plans to base future department-wide use of social media screening, lack criteria for measuring performance to ensure they meet their objectives. Although the pilots include some objectives, such as determining the effectiveness of an automated search tool and assessing data collection and dissemination procedures, it is not clear DHS is measuring and evaluating the pilots’ results to determine how well they are performing against set criteria. Absent measurement criteria, the pilots may provide limited information for planning and implementing an effective, department-wide future social media screening program.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.