dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2019

546 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Team A Forever said:

Thank you for your response. I guess I was looking at this through the lens of someone who uses social media to stay connected to family members I don't get to see often, articles relating to my own interests, and photo sharing. My husband and I would have nothing to worry about. It just seemed unnecessary from my point of view. Again, thanks for the clarity.

The question is new but the policy isn't.

Social media

"In May, the Office of Management and Budget approved State’s request to begin asking about up to 15 years of social media history of applicants deemed to pose a potential risk of terrorism, which the department estimated would affect about 65,000 — or 0.5 percent — of all U.S. visa applicants"

The Department of Homeland Security has been moving to include and expand review of social media information as well.

In the wake of the 2015 San Bernardino shooting, two DHS components — Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Citizenship and Immigration Service — each launched data collection pilots to screen the social media presence of some prospective immigrants and visitors.

An inspector general report released in March 2017, while redacting certain information, made clear ICE’s test program involved more than a one-time check of public-facing social media posts.

Then-Secretary of DHS John Kelly testified before Congress in February 2017 that the department also would consider collecting social media passwords at border crossings as part of its procedures for “extreme vetting.”

In September, DHS announced it was adding social media information, internet search results and information from commercial data providers to its immigration records.

Both USCIS and the US embassy have both recently started checking any Social media platforms on some cases. for some cases.

No way to know if they look at yours,

it is your choice as a couple how you show your relationship on any social media platform. Each case will be judged on all the merits of the case not just one thing.

If you must ask then I would reocmmend that you show your relationship on social media.

DHS has established a task force for using social media to screen applicants for immigration benefits. In connection with that effort, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) began pilots to expand social media screening of immigration applicants. Additionally, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) independently began a pilot to use social media screening during the visa issuance process. However, these pilots, on which DHS plans to base future department-wide use of social media screening, lack criteria for measuring performance to ensure they meet their objectives. Although the pilots include some objectives, such as determining the effectiveness of an automated search tool and assessing data collection and dissemination procedures, it is not clear DHS is measuring and evaluating the pilots’ results to determine how well they are performing against set criteria. Absent measurement criteria, the pilots may provide limited information for planning and implementing an effective, department-wide future social media screening program.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, nyokie said:

Lord you sure answer my prayer.

DOCUMENTANILY QUALIFIED (Case complete)

NVC received my case February 4,2019

Documents uploaded March 21

Documents uploaded April 2

Documents uploaded April 18

I uploaded a document May 1 and 2 to make sure.

Documents uploaded May 9

documentarily qualified June 3

THANK YOU EVERYONE AND I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.

@kartinee23 am waiting on you.

Yayyyy! Congratulations! This week is starting great!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

hello everyone....

hw true is it that if you had goverment assistant in the past ths will likely disqulify you from being approved for you I129F or the I-130? a dear friend just asked me that question.

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 minutes ago, nyokie said:

Documents uploaded May 9

Wow, congratulations! You deserve all the happiness! Hopefully the rest of the process will go smoothly for you

1 hour ago, nyokie said:

Documents uploaded May 9

Congratulations dear 

54 minutes ago, The Rock ll said:

Why on NVC website ...the document review stuck on 7th May for a week now...did they update it today or it is like that from last week ..except it shows today’s date 

Hi, how long did it take for you to get a response from NVC about your expedite request?

CR-1 & CR-2 cases

I-130 PETITON- California Service Center (Beneficiary-Me:luv:)   I-130 PETITON- Texas Service Center (Child Beneficiary- which was a then derivative before my husband naturalization)       I-751 PETITION National Benefits Center

USCIS PROCESS

Petition I-130 (F2-A)  for spouse with a derivative child – October 10th, 2017     (DAY 1)

Petition I-130 (F2-A)  returned – October 13th, 2017 (fees were not paid)     (DAY 3)                                                     

Petition I-130 (F2-A)  Resubmitted (with the fees this time) – March 5th, 2018     (DAY 147)

USCIS received I-130 (F2-A)  – March 14th, 2018     (DAY 156)

USCIS Notice of receipt – March 19th, 2018     (DAY 161)

Update I-130 (CR-1) petition status (via telephone) – December 29th, 2018     (DAY 297)

Update I-130 (CR-1) petition status update (via mail) – January 7th, 2019     (DAY 306)

USCIS petition update notice – January 14th, 2019     (DAY 313)

Petition I-130 (CR-2) for child – February 6th, 2019     (DAY 1)

USCIS received I-130 (CR-2) for child - February 14th, 2019     (DAY 8 )

USCIS Notice of receipt received (via mail) - February 25th, 2019     (DAY 19)

USCIS Notice of receipt of change of address (via mail) – March 2nd, 2019 day     (DAY 359)

Received notice via USCIS account I-130 (CR-1) APPROVED:D – March 25th , 2019     (DAY 382)

Received notice of approval (via mail) I-130 (CR-1) APPROVED - March 30th, 2019     (DAY 387)

Request for petition to be expedited by USCIS (via e-mail) APPROVED:D – April 29th , 2019    (DAY 82) 

Received notice via USCIS account I-130 (CR-2) APPROVED:D - May 13th, 2019     (DAY 96)

Received notice of approval (via mail) I-130 (CR-2) APPROVED - May 16th, 2019      (DAY 99) 

NVC PROCESS

Received notice (via e-mail) of retrieval of I-130 (CR-1) by NVC  (Dept. of State) - May 23rd, 2019     (DAY 440)

Received notice (via email) I-130 (CR-2) sent to NVC (Dept. of State) - May 23rd, 2019     (DAY 106) 

Received notice (via email) of retrieval of I-130 (CR-2) by NVC (Dept. of State) - May 30th, 2019     (DAY 113)  

Received case # (CR-1), paid AOS & IV fees - June 10th, 2019     (DAY 458)     

Fees were all cleared submitted DS-260, financial documents and civil documents (CR-1) - June 12th, 2019      (DAY 460)

Received case # (CR-2) paid IV fee (AOS fee was already paid on CR-1 case) submitted financial documents - June 15th, 2019     (DAY 129)

IV fee cleared submitted DS-260 & civil documents (CR-2) - June 19th, 2019     (DAY 133)

EMBASSY PROCESS

Expedite request for (CR-1) & (CR-2) case APPROVED and sent to embassy :) - June 20th, 2019       (DAY 468)

Receipt of CR-1 case by embassy- June 20th, 2019     (DAY 468)

Receipt of CR-2 case by embassy- June 24th, 2019     (DAY 472)

Received appointment letter from embassy- June 25th, 2019, Interview on July 19th, 2019, Administrative Processing July 22nd, 2019, Issued on July 24th, 2019, Visa received July 26th, 2019

ROC PROCESS

Mailed form I-751 via UPS - May 4th 2021; delivered- May 10th 2021 (90 day window) bank credited May 20th 2021

Receipt # received via text msg & mail- May 24th 2021

Received letter for CR2 to be omitted from biometrics- May 29th 2021 

Received letter for biometrics appointment for CR1- July 15th 2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
3 hours ago, nyokie said:

Documents uploaded May 9

Awwww big congratttttttsss

Documents uploaded May 9

Congrats !!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Documents uploaded May 9

finally, whew... am so so happy for you...... oh wow... the wait is finally over.... this  month will be a good month.... now to the longest part of the journey... the wait to IL... congratulations booo... @Kartinee23 you are next... cant wait o celebrate with you...... congrats @nyokie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Indira/Charlys said:

hello everyone....

hw true is it that if you had goverment assistant in the past ths will likely disqulify you from being approved for you I129F or the I-130? a dear friend just asked me that question.

i think you just need to show you have someone who is willing to sponsor you.... if not you might get disqualified. the AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT means that the person who assist financial until the benefiicary becomes a citizen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.