portorusa

K-1 proof of meeting?

68 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, JFH said:

She says that she can find the co-sponsor? So, she knows someone already in the USA well enough that he or she is willing to

enter into a contract with the government to guarantee that she won’t become a public charge? Sounds like the co-sponsor is the real reason she’s coming here but for some reason he’s not eligible to petition for her (or the process would take too long - sibling? Parent?) and our 72-year-old casual drinker is just the means to the end. 

Proceed with caution, old boy.

I totally agree with you! 

Not gonna lie, looks pretty shady when the lady has everything covered, costs, cosponsor, etc, all she needs is a willing USC.

who is controlling the process, her or him? Who’s idea was it to meet and go for a visa? Was it an idea mentioned to him with some hint hints?

and please note that she will be the one at the interview. He can be madly in love with her but it’ll be on her to prove their relationship.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

So he hasn't met her yet, plans to go for a casual drink in Mexico, take some pics, and he already knows he wants to marry her?  That sounds like a green card arrangement to me.

strategic business !! haha!!

How can he be madly in love with her? He's never even met her!  If you care about your friend at all, tell him he needs to slow down. Way down.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

8 minutes ago, cdneh said:

How can he be madly in love with her? He's never even met her!  If you care about your friend at all, tell him he needs to slow down. Way down.

It is perplexing that at his age he wouldn't already know this!  To the OP, just have to ask....do you really want to be mixed up in what sounds like it could very well be a green card scam?

How old is her “little child”? At 72 years old does he really want to be raising a toddler? How does he feel about coping with a teenager when he’s almost 90? If his income is so modest that he needs a co-sponsor, how does he plan to feed and clothe two extra people? What about healthcare for them? It’s going to be very stressful and that’s the last thing a person of his age needs. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am curious who the baby daddy is, and is there any correlation to the mystery co- sponsor 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
9 hours ago, junkmart said:

You don't get those when crossing to Mexico and staying in the border zone. Same for US side, they don't stamp either.

True, and, although initially disappointing because of no "souvenir" of the visit, it sure saves space in one's passport.

Perhaps the guy could ask for a stamp (at least when going down) as a favor.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

2 hours ago, payxibka said:

I am curious who the baby daddy is, and is there any correlation to the mystery co- sponsor 

Baby daddy might be in the US illegally and that's why he cannot bring her on his own. :D

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
15 hours ago, portorusa said:

There will be NO passport entry stamp. While on foot, you just leave the US side freely without showing your passport to anyone.

I believe it's only while crossing the border back to the States, you show your passport to a border patrol officer.

I've crossed into Mexico many times, if your walking across, you will more than likely get a stamp as long as you use the passport book, not the card. He should for sure get a stamp into Mexico, and when coming back just ask the CBP to please stamp my passport, they will usually do it no questions asked, just say you need a record of return for work or even for immigration reasons. 

If you want to guarantee a stamp, when you cross into Mexico say you are traveling farther into Mexico, or that you are staying more than 3 days, and that requires the Visa or entry stamp be placed in the passport.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
14 hours ago, portorusa said:

He is asking if he can use a local newspaper (current issue) in the photo with the lady? As a proof or geo-localization.

Last time I saw a photo from Mexico with a newspaper in front of someone they ended up Hanging off a bridge from a rope. Unless your a hostage taker showing proof of Life, I wouldn't use that photo.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

15 hours ago, portorusa said:

She applied for a tourist visa to USA twice, and was denied. Gold-digger, no - his income is low, and she knows that. They will need a joint sponsor from the US for sure, and she says she can find one. She is also willing to pay for the immigration papers (works as a realtor in Mexico).

I don't think she is in it for the money, but as stated before, in it for the GC to be honest... Gold diggers come in different sizes and shapes..

Please do not get involved in this..

If they both really are in love and meeting in a bar seems to be the only way for them to meet, than why don't they keep doing that for the next year or so? That will accumulate some proof of meeting/some sort of a relationship automatically! Win-win I say

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.