A basic question, I've done a bit of googling and searching but haven't yet found the answer I need...thus posting here looking for help...
We have applied for a K-1. We expect she will be in the USA and we will marry in late 2020. We have not yet decided where to live. We are looking at several states. One leading place is near Jackson, Wyoming. But we may end up in Phoenix, or Idaho Falls, or Salt Lake City. Given that proximity to work/family/school is not a factor for us, one factor that will weigh a bit in our decision is knowing how long each of those locations would take for getting her Green Card and also how far the applicable office is for us to drive for biometrics and interviews (for example, if we choose Jackson, WY, there are no offices in Wyoming). We aren't sure how many trips getting the AP/EAD/GC will even take...
1. Does the application go to a national center first and then they send it to a field office?
2. Can the applicant specify which field office they want to visit for the AOS/AP/EAD interviews/biometrics/etc?
3. If the answer to 2 is "no", then how and when do we find out which office will end up with our application?
4. Is there a table/chart/official guide that specifies if you live in "X" that your office will be "ABC"?
5. How many times do you have to visit the actual field office or some other facility to get all three of the AP/EAD/GC?
Thank you for your help!