Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,964 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

NVC will not tell you what the next steps are other then if they have your case number or not. If not then they will tell you to wait 8 weeks.

Thanks Greenbaum. Our consulate is Kuwait, things are going fine thus far for us.  Getting an NBI sent from Manila directly to the Consulate has been a little time-consuming and pricey but we've solved all that (i believe) and made some notes for the next person, Ill PM them to you once we know for certain... also some tips for getting courier service for the PSA document replies if the beneficiary doesnt have much access to banking (as in our case, pretty typical for OFW). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
8 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I think you need to reread what she posted.

"Just got mail from uscis today (december 15-california) but it says RFE. we will submit the RFE on monday.. im hoping they will approve as soon as they get our RFE.. i can’t believe that after receiving NOA2 i have to wait 8 weeks for the NVC letter.. haha but.. what more can i ask for we have been - waiting.😂

can you tell me what i should expect?"

She says she has gotten a letter that is her RFE. Second, she can't believe that once she receives the NOA2 they are telling her that she has to wait 8 weeks for her case number to be assigned. They way she wrote it does seem confusing but I to had to read it a couple of times to understand.

I hope this helps. 

Hahaha OMG I need to read slower. Thank you for the explanation 😊😊😊😊 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Tara & Rohit said:

Called NVC this morning and they received my case on Friday! Waiting for the case number now!! :)

That's so good!! and your NOA2 is on December, mine is on  November 30th hopefully they have it by now 😊 the case number doesn't take too long after they receive your case. So exciting 🤗

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, Stefannievs said:

That's so good!! and your NOA2 is on December, mine is on  November 30th hopefully they have it by now 😊 the case number doesn't take too long after they receive your case. So exciting 🤗

We're getting closer and closer!!!! 😍

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Tara & Rohit said:

We're getting closer and closer!!!! 😍

I knoooow I think by the end of February we'll be in the US ❤️❤️❤️

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Stefannievs said:

I knoooow I think by the end of February we'll be in the US ❤️❤️❤️

Fingers crossed! 🤞

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Stefannievs said:

Hahaha OMG I need to read slower. Thank you for the explanation 😊😊😊😊 

sometimes we need a little fun in here to lessen the stress haha..😅

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called the NVC this morning and they dont have our Dec 7th file. Standard 6wk reply... Thats fine tho, I'll call again later this wk. Hold time was about 10m at 710am.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I called NVC this morning and they received our filed (NOA2 November 30). I called Friday and they didn't have it yet. The lady told me to call back later this week for the case # because it doesn't take that long. I was surprised I didn't get the 4-8 week response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Got a confirmation that the NVC got our case today, things are moving along nicely now! Getting ready for the medical and I’ve also sent away for my police cert! It’s gonna be a busy two months! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Just called the NVC tonight and our case was received 🙃.  Our NOA2 is November 29. 

Edited by Eric&Mirella

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.