Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,964 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
10 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Just called the NVC tonight and our case was received 🙃.  Our NOA2 is November 29. 

Yaaay Love this group my NOA2 is November 30th so today I will definitely call. Hope good news 🤗😀

7 hours ago, Smashy said:

NVC received Dec 6th and case😎 number received today! NOA2 was Nov 28th. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Onwards we gooooo!

That's excellent news. Yaaay 😀😀😀 you just need to wait for them to send your file... 💕💕💕

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Stefannievs said:

Yaaay Love this group my NOA2 is November 30th so today I will definitely call. Hope good news 🤗😀

Don't forget to press 2 for Spanish. They'll chi t chat with you sometimes and give you extra info. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Yay, called today and our case # was issued on the 14th! 🎉

Question for anyone that may know:

My fiancé will be traveling for work the entire month of Feb (I know, bad timing) and we are hoping to get an interview before he leaves but most likely it won’t be until when he gets back. 

Can we still do all the forms/medical beforehand? I would like to do the DS-160, I-134 and medical right away but I’m worried they may not be valid if his interview gets scheduled for early March.

Any ideas/tips?

AOS/EAD/AP

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/06/2019   NOA1 Notice Date

06/14/2019   Biometrics Appointment letter received  

07/01/2019   Biometrics Appointment

07/05/2019   Called USCIS to Expedite EAD based on job offer

07/17/2019   RFE letter received by mail for expedite

07/17/2019   Faxed supporting documents for expedite

08/06/2019   Called USCIS to inquire if fax was received

08/09/2019   Card in Production!

5 minutes ago, MissEclair said:

Yay, called today and our case # was issued on the 14th! 🎉

Question for anyone that may know:

My fiancé will be traveling for work the entire month of Feb (I know, bad timing) and we are hoping to get an interview before he leaves but most likely it won’t be until when he gets back. 

Can we still do all the forms/medical beforehand? I would like to do the DS-160, I-134 and medical right away but I’m worried they may not be valid if his interview gets scheduled for early March.

Any ideas/tips?

I recommend that you wait to complete those documents as the time period between now and March is so great that things can change. Right now the I-134 form is at end of life and we may see an update soon. Yes the form can continued to be used until such time as the new one is released but why put yourself in a situation that you don't need to be in.

Medical can be completed, but your visa validity is tied to the medical date and is only 6 months long. So if you do the medical now and are not approved till March/April you have burned 3-4 months of your visa validity.

It's best that you wait until a few weeks from when you are ready for an interview date.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I recommend that you wait to complete those documents as the time period between now and March is so great that things can change. Right now the I-134 form is at end of life and we may see an update soon. Yes the form can continued to be used until such time as the new one is released but why put yourself in a situation that you don't need to be in.

Medical can be completed, but your visa validity is tied to the medical date and is only 6 months long. So if you do the medical now and are not approved till March/April you have burned 3-4 months of your visa validity.

It's best that you wait until a few weeks from when you are ready for an interview date.

Thank you, that’s very helpful. We’ll definitely wait until it’s closer to the interview then. 

AOS/EAD/AP

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/06/2019   NOA1 Notice Date

06/14/2019   Biometrics Appointment letter received  

07/01/2019   Biometrics Appointment

07/05/2019   Called USCIS to Expedite EAD based on job offer

07/17/2019   RFE letter received by mail for expedite

07/17/2019   Faxed supporting documents for expedite

08/06/2019   Called USCIS to inquire if fax was received

08/09/2019   Card in Production!

Timeline

Guys, look and I didn't even have to call... Sending a message worked out perfect... But that means they got it today? Cause they didn't say a date... 

Edited by Ontarkie
Removed attachment do to personal information.

So a little update on my current situation.  After receiving a case number for a different Embassy than suppose to/originally chose on I129F forms on Friday; over the weekend I put in an Inquiry online through NVC site + emailed AskNVC both explaining my situation & attached supporting documents - I spoke to a NVC agent last night. Her speech basically was, “Thank you for atleast putting in an inquiry may take some time to review it.” I explained to her that our petition is still at NVC, she acknowledged it was, however she said “ I can not guarantee that NVC will in time change our case number or select the appropriate Embassy.” “If your petition does so happen leave our offices on route to Embassy, you can then there ask that Embassy for transfer.” .... I pretty much just hope NVC can officially make that change for us before even forwarding our petition across 🤷🏻‍♀️. For now I will keep checking our Status in hopes it’ll remain at NVC or the website will eventually say invalid case number.

31 minutes ago, Smashy said:

@StefannievsI think you can just count today as your receive date, why not? :) Side note: Ya might want to ask a mod to remove that post above as your private email addy is revealed. 

I just reported it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I just reported it.

Oh I don't know how to delete it. Hopefully people don't send me spam. Don't think so we are a nice group haha @Smashy thanks for letting me know 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So it's been difficult to schedule an appointment at the US embassy here in Nigeria.  After receiving my case number,  I sent an email to the embassy to schedule an appointment for me and they did.

NOA1: JUNE 5

NOA2: NOV 21

NVC RECEIVED: DEC 03

CASE NUMBER RECEIVED: DEC 12

INTERVIEW DATE: MAR 07, 2019

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Drsmile said:

So it's been difficult to schedule an appointment at the US embassy here in Nigeria.  After receiving my case number,  I sent an email to the embassy to schedule an appointment for me and they did.

Time will fly just get ready for your medical and your whole file that you will bring to the interview with you 😀😀😀 Take it for the bright that gives you time to start packing too... That you will be moving to the US 😋

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

@Greenbaum are your directions for checking DHL shipments correct on the first page? I had read elsewhere that you should put the following for Shipper's Reference: "Jan 2019A"  (first three letters of month of when you are eligible for interview and you can iterate through A, B, C, D etc.)

It looks like my case was shipped / delivered to the Tokyo embassy today 🙂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Attachment removed for privacy.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Drsmile said:

But I thought you can actually choose the date by yourself...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.