902 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 hours ago, PandT said:

You are very welcome.  I know what you mean.  The only reason I have some sanity left is because of the caring people and positive encouragements from here.  I continue to wait for our NOA2.  Much happiness to both of you.

Same!! And it’s hard to talk to friends and family about it because it’s hard to explain the process and how frustrating it is! Feels like only people who have been through it really understand 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 minute ago, ImpatientKate said:

Same!! And it’s hard to talk to friends and family about it because it’s hard to explain the process and how frustrating it is! Feels like only people who have been through it really understand 

Very true.  When I tried to explain to my sister how frustrated I was getting, she said I was giving her a headache & that I should exercise more patience.  I decided that I would only share with my VJ family.  I am grateful that we have each other to lean on.  There are some pretty good people on this forum.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Should terms and conditions or an email for a social media site be brought with other paperwork to the interview stating the site is not an IMB?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
13 hours ago, ImpatientKate said:

I have started just sharing the "approval" steps with friends/family because they just don't understand the process. So ever so often I say "yea we got through Step 2"  or "Yep, we passed step 3" and then they can share the excitement because they have no idea what I am talking about.  But trying to explain the interim frustration is pointless to those that don't "get it".

Hang in there!!

Timeline
13 hours ago, PandT said:

Very true.  When I tried to explain to my sister how frustrated I was getting, she said I was giving her a headache & that I should exercise more patience.  I decided that I would only share with my VJ family.  I am grateful that we have each other to lean on.  There are some pretty good people on this forum.

Lol at "more patience". SMH.

It is hard and frustrating. As with anything in life, those that have gone through it just understand more. Hang in there. I know when I get particularly frustrated I switch gears and add to my list of activities/events/vacations I want my fiancé and I to complete once he gets here. It takes a negative feeling and turns it into an exciting one. It may be silly but it helps me. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
38 minutes ago, JDGrant said:

I have started just sharing the "approval" steps with friends/family because they just don't understand the process. So ever so often I say "yea we got through Step 2"  or "Yep, we passed step 3" and then they can share the excitement because they have no idea what I am talking about.  But trying to explain the interim frustration is pointless to those that don't "get it".

Hang in there!!

Yea, we understand because we are the ones going through this waiting game.  You have the right attitude.  Thanks.  I know the wait is worth it & I just have to remember to stay busy until I hear something.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Has anyone tried calling the NVC yet for a case number and status? I haven't been able to find any timelines really from July group who have moved along through NVC

5 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

Has anyone tried calling the NVC yet for a case number and status? I haven't been able to find any timelines really from July group who have moved along through NVC

There are a lot in July that are getting case numbers. If you have been updated with an approval normal transit time to NVC is 2-4 weeks then 2 weeks for NVC to assign a C# then every other week shipments go out to the Embassy.

This link has additional information for you to use at will.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

Im from the july group :)

got my noa 1 on 7/11

noa 2 on 12/17

nvc recvd on 1/7

got case number on 1/9

Papers are still at NVC and waiting:)

I have been calling them every other day 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

Today is day 163 for me, NOA1: 08/03/2018, still waiting patiently for NOA2. This is hell , good thing patient is my middle name, lol. GOod luck to everyone.

I'm waiting 195 days 😢

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

Yes I have called and also emailed. They provided us the case # in email about 5 days prior to the official notice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.