mooseh

I was refused visa on section 212(a)(4)

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ghana is a hard embassy like Morocco for us

we applied 2009 for K1 (known each other over 2 years)

denied

CR1 in 2010 after marrying in Morocco

denied 2011 interview and i was there and they would not talk to me

reasons they gave were poor like saying he did not know what book i read

appealed and reapplied according to winning the appeal and response saying reapply and will be approved

next interview came 2015 after long (2012 application ) and we were approved\

get ready for a long process as this is not easy for us from high fraud countries

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Bottom Line:  Your case is refused, pending review of the documents your wife sent them.  You just have to wait until hey return your passport or until your wife gets the letter stating they intend to deny......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, mooseh said:

No the Embassy have no right to determine that our married was not legitime because they know it true because we have been living together. My wife have been in ghana twice .we they did not say anything about our marriage. 

Visiting Ghana and sleeping together is not living together as we interpret it / anyone 2 people can sleep together

Ghana is hard

it will take a lot of proofs and patience to get thru this

what are your ages?

like Kris said,  you must be able to support yourself in the case she is of child bearing age and has to take time off work

and to tell the truth all packets are looked at by embassy staff prior to interview / many times the decision to approve or deny is preset 

here,   I realize you are uspet and ramble in your queries,  but at the embassy interviews you must be well prepared ,   you must present yourself as dependable,  totally in love with your spouse,  and confident in your presence and answers

good luck with AP / maybe they will approve but if the case goes on more than 2 or 3 months expect to find out it has been returned to the US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, adil-rafa said:

what are your ages?

I've asked him that 3 times.......silence.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

yes, that all important visa and green card are the "thing" to some

but embassies can not really protect stupid as seen on 90 day financee

3 hours ago, mooseh said:

I have asset and I have been working since 2008 and have banks account.the embassy cannot determine me as public charge. The embassy said the console feel my wife cannot be responsible for me financially 

2 hours ago, mooseh said:

No the Embassy have no right to determine that our married was not legitime because they know it true because we have been living together. My wife have been in ghana twice .we they did not say anything about our marriage. 

2 hours ago, mooseh said:

No my wife is living in us but she have been visiting me twice in ghana.she make $31,000 .she is currently in us a now.she works at the one of the big bank in usa.i think what the Embassy is doing is not fair

Why do you keep saying what the Embassy can't do or have no right to do? This is wrong. They can denied you based on their assessment. They already have. Otherwise, you would have already had a visa.

We know you are upset so we are trying to help you. Ghana is a tough Embassy. Many people get denied there. Please share more details about your case. Is there a large age difference with you and your wife?

There is no guarantee that you will get a job immediately when you arrive to the US. There are people here that have been looking for work for months. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Maybe the wife needs a co-sponsor. His income is not relevant if he earned it overseas. What is in his wife's name and what she makes is relevant. If she doesn't have enough in her name, then he won't pass. 

Timeline

Your assests are in Ghana / this does not mean you would not be able to support yourself or a family here if need to

the embassy can and often does determine that the benficary does not meet the qualifications for a bona fida marriage 

many of us have had to make numerous trips of a month and 3 months (I had 5 trips of 2 of 1 month ,  1 of 2 months and 2 of 3 months ) to  show sincerity 

and as far as income goes for your wife it depends on how long she has had this job and how secure her position is and what do they offer for leaves during pregnancy

Timeline
1 hour ago, AdilB said:

Unfortunately, some refuse to accept reality and face the music.

Both petitioners and beneficiaries alike; It  is so kind of you to have assisted the people mentioned above.

But, unfortunately, I have been witness to many of the following scenarios in my very community here in the US:

Most young beneficiary men from the MENA region have used much older American White Women for a Green Card/Passport only. Almost 90% of the husbands left as soon as they received Citizenships. They Went back and married the much younger cousin and started a chain immigration. It sickens and saddens me to have seen such use and abuse of humans and the system. I have spoken to people directly to warn them, but they were blinded by the lies and bs. I guess they knew something but refused to admit or wake up, as it was too sweet to disturb it all. The US Consulates and Embassies have done many potential Petitioners life time favors, when they deny certain beneficiaries a Visa. Red Flags are there for a reason.

We have all seen this

Often a beneficary posts my spouse applied for my green card instead of my spouse applied for me to live in the US with HIm/her

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

OP, if you are seeking advise in this forum, you got to tell the entire story, state facts and stay away from emotions (whenever possible).

Lots of people here with experience in similar cases, they can help you if you really need help

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

1 hour ago, sysysy said:

Maybe the wife needs a co-sponsor. His income is not relevant if he earned it overseas. What is in his wife's name and what she makes is relevant. If she doesn't have enough in her name, then he won't pass. 

This would be a good idea. But he said they have already sent more relevant documentation. 

Does she have other dependents? For instance, do her parents depend on her for money? Does she have loans or debt? 

Is your wife a full-time employee? Or is she working on a fixed-term contract and has to be reappointed? Or is she self-employed? Even though she makes 31,000 a year, she has to prove that she will continue making this and it is a stable job. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.