KikydeUS

Visa denied

58 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
3 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

Je ne vous juge pas en tant que personne .... mon avis est que votre conseil est mauvais. Votre conseil d'abandonner le K1 à cette étape proche n'est pas utile du tout. Avez-vous de l'expérience avec cette ambassade particulière parce qu'ils varient tous et chaque cas est unique. L'ambassade a demandé plus de documentation. Abandonner maintenant sans fournir ce qui est demandé serait stupide.  

Maintenant, une fois qu'il fournit la documentation demandée et que l'ambassade quitte le K1 en AP pendant une période prolongée (6 mois -1 an), MAYBE considérera une autre option après l'épuisement de l'aide des membres du Congrès. Mais pour abandonner à la hâte maintenant, c'est stupide ... à mon avis.

Ok I understand you're right it's better than it provides the requested documents

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, KikydeUS said:

The divorce degree was among the documents that we submitted at the USCIS. Please read my post before answering! The USCIS approved my case 2 months ago. The case is now at the Embassy. The USCIS knew when my fiancee was 6 months pregnant until the day she gave birth! And they had told me what to do for my son. What about having met with her twice in 10 months?? Is not enough as proof of relationship? The original copies of Affidavit of suppory makes sense because I had faxed them to the embassy. But more proofs of relationship does not make any sense to me.

Now, all the documents we submit with the I-134 application are all forwarded to the NVC and then to the Embassy. But why are they asking about that divorce decree now?!!

Is the Congo a High Fraud Embassy? If so, give them what they need and more...!! Were they asking for an Original Decree of Divorce? Did your fiance provide chat logs, photos, etc?

Having a baby means nothing...only that you didnt use condoms..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 hours ago, KikydeUS said:

But why are they asking for divorcece decree?

They want an ORIGINAL divorce  certificate.  My wife was given a 221g slip for the same thing.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, KikydeUS said:

Now, all the documents we submit with the I-134 application are all forwarded to the NVC and then to the Embassy. But why are they asking about that divorce decree now?!!

Weren't you instructed to take originals of all civil documents to the interview?  Just send them what they need!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

I  understand how  frustrating and disappointed you must feel, but it sounds to me that your visa was not denied, it was just postponed. Do you have phone records, chat logs, birth certificate for your son, plane tickets, emails etc.  that can further prove your relationship? If they ask for the divorce certificate, just bring it again....  Once you submit the required documentation most likely they will issue the visa. You are almost there!

Edited by MaryLu19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo
Timeline

I planning on printing the full history phone logs of our relationship from 2015 to today just maybe I will not be able to afford DHL but I am doing that!! Thank you guys for the inputs! I will just do what you are suggesting! Again thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
48 minutes ago, KikydeUS said:

I planning on printing the full history phone logs of our relationship from 2015 to today just maybe I will not be able to afford DHL but I am doing that!! Thank you guys for the inputs! I will just do what you are suggesting! Again thank you!

Word of advice even though it might be too late. Do not submit pics of traditional engagement party. It could be seen as a traditional wedding. Many have been denied because of that.

Submit more pics of you and your son and fiance'. More chat logs, post, IM. Just having a baby means nothing but you had sex. So don;t just count on that.

When did you last visit? Pics of you all with family and friends on outings. You bonding with your son. Show them a family and how a denial will destroy that.

You said you submitted divorce decree to USCIS that was a copy correct. Original is needed a must. Originals are always required at interview. Sorry you were misdirected but that's how it is.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Try not to stress; just give them exactly what they ask for. 

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck on your process! :)

As a personal rule of thumb, I ALWAYS bring a copy of EVERYTHING I've ever submitted to USCIS at ANY point in my process.... you just never know what they'll ask for.  I've been re-asked for documents I had already submitted before as well.

It means lugging around a bunch of paperwork anytime I step in a USCIS office, but I know that I am fully prepared and ready for anything they may ask to see. 

K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
08/25/14 - Acceptance email sent
08/26/14 - Alien Registration Number changed.
10/17/14 RFE was received
10/23/14 RFE/I-195F mailed back to USCIS
11/05/14 I-129F Petition Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/10/14 U.S. Consulate received case in the mail!!
12/19/14 Submitted DS-160 online form.
01/15/15 Submitted Package 3 Checklist for a request for interview!
01/16/15 Consulate sent me packet to prepare for my interview/medical!
02/20/15 Physical
02/24/15 Visa Interview/APPROVED!!!!!!! (6 months!!)

AOS

05/16/15 - Filed for Adjustment of Status and Work Permit

05/22/15 - Acceptance email sent along with NOA’s mailed.

06/16/15 Biometrics Appointment
1/22/2016: INTERVIEW!!/APPROVED!!!
2/2016: Received GREEN CARD!!! (8 months)

I-751 - ROC

11/1/2016: Filed

11/3/2016: NOA

11/19/2016: NOA 2

12/06/2016 Biometrics Appointment

1/17/2018: Info Pass - Passport Stamped

5/31/2018: Emailed received that GC is being mailed. 

Filed: Other Timeline
9 hours ago, KikydeUS said:

The divorce degree was among the documents that we submitted at the USCIS. Please read my post before answering! The USCIS approved my case 2 months ago. The case is now at the Embassy. The USCIS knew when my fiancee was 6 months pregnant until the day she gave birth! And they had told me what to do for my son. What about having met with her twice in 10 months?? Is not enough as proof of relationship? The original copies of Affidavit of suppory makes sense because I had faxed them to the embassy. But more proofs of relationship does not make any sense to me.

Arrogance will cause you to get a hard time, you want to be in the US (a privilege not a right) USCIS

wants more proof. matters not if already provided, its in your best interest to send it ASAP...go

getting marry will still require you getting all the dos to them . While in AP you are not yet denied

saying you both have a kid makes no difference...do you know they can ask for DNA

Timeline

Thank you guys! The sad part is I could not find anywhere on VJ a forum specific to US Embassy in Congo-Brazzaville , and I don't think it is a high fraud country!... For the pics , the one that were submitted to USCIS were taken on my first trip last year to meet with her and those taken on my last trip are from the traditional engagement party! Now that they want more pics , I don't have a choice other than submitting all of them (traditional engagement party) because I have tons. I don't know what they are gonna say about them but it was not a traditional marriage! I am really frustrated because I have been emailing the Embassy back and forth for almost three weeks about what documents to submit and the dates were changed from Aug2 to Aug16 just because we missed a few documents and they had never mentioned about "original copy of divorce degree" ; it is like a slap on my face! ...But I am gonna do exactly what you guys have suggested! ( giving tehm what they want) Thank you!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Shiobhan said:

Arrogance will cause you to get a hard time, you want to be in the US (a privilege not a right) USCIS

wants more proof. matters not if already provided, its in your best interest to send it ASAP...go

getting marry will still require you getting all the dos to them . While in AP you are not yet denied

saying you both have a kid makes no difference...do you know they can ask for DNA

It is not a matter of being arrogant!... I serve this country and have been deployed twice! So having my family here it's not a privilege for me!... I will provide them with they are asking! But it's sad because they have never mentioned some of the documents until today even though we sent emails back and forth for 3 weeks! Anyone in this situation would be frustrated !

Timeline
1 hour ago, KikydeUS said:

I serve this country and have been deployed twice! So having my family here it's not a privilege for me!..

You have the right to marry whomever you want, but immigration is not a right......for any of our families........unfortunately.

BTW, I served this country in the military for 20+ years..........Our immigration journey took 14 months from filing to entry to the US.

I wish you well.  Hopefully, you can get past this stage quickly.....Good Luck...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.