KikydeUS

Visa denied

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Does the embassy know he's your biological son? If so, I'm surprised they didn't tell you to file CRBA as he is a USC and not eligible for a visa. 

9 hours ago, NYCruiser said:

Is the Congo a High Fraud Embassy? If so, give them what they need and more...!! Were they asking for an Original Decree of Divorce? Did your fiance provide chat logs, photos, etc?

Having a baby means nothing...only that you didnt use condoms..

🤣 A baby.....! Why didn't I think of that? 😜

Filed: Country:
Timeline

A notice went out stating specifically that original affidavits of supports are no longer required - scanned copies are acceptable. Also, an affidavit of support is not a legal requirement for a K1 visa. So that's strange. 

Sometimes an officer might 221g a case just to see how the family responds. Submit the docs and you should be fine.

Echoing above comment that your son is probably an AmCit. You should look into a consular report of birth abroad and save yourself some trouble. How long have you been an AmCit?

13 hours ago, Sunnyland said:

You seem to think that because you have a son together that is enough proof. USCIS really does not care about it. They know people are capable of anything just to get a visa/GC for the U.S. You need to provide them with the requested documents. If have been married before then a divorce decree is mandatory for the K1 visa process. If you don't  give them that document, how will they know that you are legally able to marry again? And once again, having a child proves nothing and I doubt that makes the process easier. Or everybody would be having a child. 

They want to see the proof documents. 

I disagree. The USCIS officer who interviewed me for the GC explicitly told me having a child would be a great bona fide proof for ROC. I know this whole "having a child" doesn't matter myth is alive and well on VJ, I personally dont believe in it.

Filed: Timeline
43 minutes ago, Tilia said:

I disagree. The USCIS officer who interviewed me for the GC explicitly told me having a child would be a great bona fide proof for ROC. I know this whole "having a child" doesn't matter myth is alive and well on VJ, I personally dont believe in it.

Its not a myth. 

I have no doubt the Officer said that to you, and its a truthful statement. A child born to the couple during the relationship is a GREAT item to include for ROC. (so are many other things) However having a child is not enough to prove a relationship. It can be used as one of the many items you assemble as proof but it can not be the sole proof. 

There have been plenty of VAWA applicants (with multiple children) that were not approved for bonafide marriage requirement because all the proof they had was the children. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo
Timeline
2 hours ago, ch3john said:

Does the embassy know he's your biological son? If so, I'm surprised they didn't tell you to file CRBA as he is a USC and not eligible for a visa. 

My son is coming as a Rider because he was not eligible for CRBA. I know people are saying here that having a son does not prove anything to the Embassy; But how could we determine that a relationship is true? A baby in relationship is a big proof!!

I want to stress that the relationship requirement for the K1 is to have met within the last 2 years. Pictures can have been taken at any time. You didn't mention an tickets and boarding passes. This is primary evidence and the pictures are supportive. You can also send bank statement of using a card in that country at that time?  this would be strengthened again by photos connected to that use. Pictures by themselves are not evidence of meeting within the last 2 years.

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, KikydeUS said:

My son is coming as a Rider because he was not eligible for CRBA. I know people are saying here that having a son does not prove anything to the Embassy; But how could we determine that a relationship is true? A baby in relationship is a big proof!!

Why is he not eligible? How long have you been a USC?

Are you reading the other replies? It's been stated many times you need to present more evidence of a relationship than just having a child together. A lot of children have been born out of non bona fide relationships. 

Stop and take a minute to read the entire thread.

Child is just a proof that you had sex. It's not a proof that your marriage/relationship is doing fine and it's real. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
22 hours ago, KikydeUS said:

I mean they were given administrative processing... But why are they asking for divorcece decree? All the documents were submitted with my I-134 package. They should normally have it with them.

Just provide the documents that they are asking for.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I

18 hours ago, Scandi said:

They always ask for the divorce decree, very normal. The i-129f only requires photo copies, but at the interview they want to see originals or certified copies. We sent a certified copy of the divorce decree with our i-129f but were still asked for another certified copy at the interview.

This is great advice, I am in the same boat, divorced and am the petitioner. I requested 2 certified copies from the court to send to my fiance before his interview, should I also send him the original?

Timeline
10 hours ago, Suss&Camm said:

I want to stress that the relationship requirement for the K1 is to have met within the last 2 years. Pictures can have been taken at any time. You didn't mention an tickets and boarding passes. This is primary evidence and the pictures are supportive. You can also send bank statement of using a card in that country at that time?  this would be strengthened again by photos connected to that use. Pictures by themselves are not evidence of meeting within the last 2 years.

I have kept a submitted any little piece of paper like boarding passes , tickets ... I have been a member of VJ since 2013. I know these small things were important. We submitted even papers from western union showing financial support from me... Passport stamps ... I am really confused why he is asking for more evidence!... This is very frustrating!! I will be submitting the same exact things again plus the original of the Affidavit of Support!

Timeline
10 hours ago, ch3john said:

Why is he not eligible? How long have you been a USC?

Are you reading the other replies? It's been stated many times you need to present more evidence of a relationship than just having a child together. A lot of children have been born out of non bona fide relationships. 

Stop and take a minute to read the entire thread.

I am aware of what is going because I have created this thread! I know how CRBA works! And again my son is not eligible for it! What would make a difference being born out or in a bona fide relationship? A child is a child as long as the DNA reveals partenity! I have gained my citizenship thru the US. Army and CRBA requires me to be here at least 5 years so I have missed it by a year! But nevertheless, my son is my son it does not matter if I had him with a prostitute !!

Edited by KikydeUS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They say jump, you say how high, you said you were in the Army, you should know how that goes. 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Boiler said:

They say jump, you say how high, you said you were in the Army, you should know how that goes. 

What are you talking about? ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.