KikydeUS

Visa denied

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
38 minutes ago, KikydeUS said:

I am aware of what is going because I have created this thread! I know how CRBA works! And again my son is not eligible for it! What would make a difference being born out or in a bona fide relationship? A child is a child as long as the DNA reveals partenity! I have gained my citizenship thru the US. Army and CRBA requires me to be here at least 5 years so I have missed it by a year! But nevertheless, my son is my son it does not matter if I had him with a prostitute !!

K

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, KikydeUS said:

What are you talking about? ...

Smh

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

On 8/16/2017 at 8:09 AM, KikydeUS said:

The divorce degree was among the documents that we submitted at the USCIS. Please read my post before answering! The USCIS approved my case 2 months ago. The case is now at the Embassy. The USCIS knew when my fiancee was 6 months pregnant until the day she gave birth! And they had told me what to do for my son. What about having met with her twice in 10 months?? Is not enough as proof of relationship? The original copies of Affidavit of suppory makes sense because I had faxed them to the embassy. But more proofs of relationship does not make any sense to me.

Now, all the documents we submit with the I-134 application are all forwarded to the NVC and then to the Embassy. But why are they asking about that divorce decree now?!!

Why are you arguing?  Just give them what they ask for.  Don't try to over rationalize.  The CO had some questions and is doing his job.  The fact that you are being so evasive makes me wonder, too.  Just do what they say.  If you are legit you have nothing to worry about.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 8/16/2017 at 6:24 PM, KikydeUS said:

It is not a matter of being arrogant!... I serve this country and have been deployed twice! So having my family here it's not a privilege for me!... I will provide them with they are asking! But it's sad because they have never mentioned some of the documents until today even though we sent emails back and forth for 3 weeks! Anyone in this situation would be frustrated !

Almost every forum that talks about the interview will say very specifically to bring everything with you.  Be prepared for questions.  If you were not prepared it is not the end of the world.  Just submit what they want and all will be well.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 8/17/2017 at 9:51 AM, KikydeUS said:

What are you talking about? ...

Just give them what they ask for, dont question it.  Just do it.  The fact that you are questioning it make me and possible others here wondering what you are trying to hide.  It was a simple request so do it.  If you smile and give them what they ask for you should be fine.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/16/2017 at 10:17 PM, Tilia said:

I disagree. The USCIS officer who interviewed me for the GC explicitly told me having a child would be a great bona fide proof for ROC. I know this whole "having a child" doesn't matter myth is alive and well on VJ, I personally dont believe in it.

Evidence for ROC and evidence for a K1 are two completely different things.

On 8/17/2017 at 10:09 AM, KikydeUS said:

I have kept a submitted any little piece of paper like boarding passes , tickets ... I have been a member of VJ since 2013. I know these small things were important. We submitted even papers from western union showing financial support from me... Passport stamps ... I am really confused why he is asking for more evidence!... This is very frustrating!! I will be submitting the same exact things again plus the original of the Affidavit of Support!

Why are you so confused??  The IO is asking for more evidence because he wants more evidence.  End of story.  The why is irrelevant at this point.  Do you want them to get approved or not??  I'll assume that answer is yes...so just do what is asked of you.  Yes we can all understand your frustration but it seems you are adding to it.  I would seriously try to find.add some new items the IO hasn't seen already.  Maybe there is something new since the interview or something you haven't thought of to add.  Simply submitting the exact same evidence will be very unimpressive to the IO.

On 8/17/2017 at 10:18 AM, KikydeUS said:

I am aware of what is going because I have created this thread! I know how CRBA works! And again my son is not eligible for it! What would make a difference being born out or in a bona fide relationship? A child is a child as long as the DNA reveals partenity! I have gained my citizenship thru the US. Army and CRBA requires me to be here at least 5 years so I have missed it by a year! But nevertheless, my son is my son it does not matter if I had him with a prostitute !!

Ummmm having your son with a prostitute is not evidence of a bonafide relationship so you've just answered your own question with that remark.  Now do you see why the IO wants more evidence??

You are starting to take this way too personal.  

On 8/17/2017 at 10:18 AM, KikydeUS said:
On 8/17/2017 at 10:51 AM, KikydeUS said:

What are you talking about?...

It means give them whatever they ask for without question as to why.   They were quoting an old saying that means don't ask questions just comply with what is needed.  It doesn't seem you are aware of what is going on because you are not comprehending the advice given here, just keep ranting about the why behind it.  Who cares just do it for Godsake.  For two years my then fiance (now husband) and I jumped through whatever hoops we had to to get him here and it was worth it.  Did we get frustrated? Of course.

On 8/17/2017 at 9:18 AM, KikydeUS said:

Me thinks thou dost protest too much.... What are you hiding?  We can help you but you are keeping some key information from us.  We want you to be together.  We are not against you but something doesn't sound right.  Let us try to help.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo
Timeline
6 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

Evidence for ROC and evidence for a K1 are two completely different things.

Why are you so confused??  The IO is asking for more evidence because he wants more evidence.  End of story.  The why is irrelevant at this point.  Do you want them to get approved or not??  I'll assume that answer is yes...so just do what is asked of you.  Yes we can all understand your frustration but it seems you are adding to it.  I would seriously try to find.add some new items the IO hasn't seen already.  Maybe there is something new since the interview or something you haven't thought of to add.  Simply submitting the exact same evidence will be very unimpressive to the IO.

Ummmm having your son with a prostitute is not evidence of a bonafide relationship so you've just answered your own question with that remark.  Now do you see why the IO wants more evidence??

You are starting to take this way too personal.  

It means give them whatever they ask for without question as to why.   They were quoting an old saying that means don't ask questions just comply with what is needed.  It doesn't seem you are aware of what is going on because you are not comprehending the advice given here, just keep ranting about the why behind it.  Who cares just do it for Godsake.  For two years my then fiance (now husband) and I jumped through whatever hoops we had to to get him here and it was worth it.  Did we get frustrated? Of course.

I have spent my entire day yesterday gathering all the paperwork! I have submitted pictures of us together from 2010 but they want more I get it.  Yesterday, I have printed over 30 pictures of our engagement party from April 2017. I also have printed 300 papers of our phone logs from March 2016 to August 2017. I will be printing western union transactions , and all the original boarding passes (I had submitted copies) from my visit this year. Thank you guys , I am not trying to be stubborn or something like that. And I have decided to send to the Embassy directly instead of thru my fiancee (do not know if it the right way to do it)

11 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

Me thinks thou dost protest too much.... What are you hiding?  We can help you but you are keeping some key information from us.  We want you to be together.  We are not against you but something doesn't sound right.  Let us try to help.

I have spent my entire day yesterday gathering all the paperwork! I have submitted pictures of us together from 2010 but they want more I get it.  Yesterday, I have printed over 30 pictures of our engagement party from April 2017. I also have printed 300 papers of our phone logs from March 2016 to August 2017. I will be printing western union transactions , and all the original boarding passes (I had submitted copies) from my visit this year. Thank you guys , I am not trying to be stubborn or something like that. And I have decided to send to the Embassy directly instead of thru my fiancee (do not know if it the right way to do it)

2 minutes ago, KikydeUS said:

Do you have the divorce decree?  I think that is more critical than the proof of relationship.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
20 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

Just give them what they ask for, dont question it.  Just do it.  The fact that you are questioning it make me and possible others here wondering what you are trying to hide.  It was a simple request so do it.  If you smile and give them what they ask for you should be fine.

There is nothing to hide! Maybe you guys do not really get my frustration. Everything time they were emailing from the past three weeks, they have never mentioned the original copy of divorce degree for example. I have received 5 emails in total and my interview date changed twice. For the Affidavit of support even though they previously told me that I did not have to submit that but 3 days before the interview , they said now we think we need it and please use DHL to send to us. I just chose to fax it that is why it was rejected!! That is very frustrating all this!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

Do you have the divorce decree?  I think that is more critical than the proof of relationship.  

Yes , I do. I also made 5 copies that I have notarized just in case I lose the orginal. And I will be sending the original and one notarized copy!

4 minutes ago, KikydeUS said:

Yes , I do. I also made 5 copies that I have notarized just in case I lose the orginal. And I will be sending the original and one notarized copy!

Excellent.  We all know how frustrating this journey is.  There is so much about the process that lacks any type of logic.  Just relax and do what they ask.  In the end, you will be with your loved ones.  I wish you the best.  Stay positive and dont get upset with the minutiae.  The end justifies the means.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
29 minutes ago, KikydeUS said:

Ok great!  I think copies of the boarding passes would be ok.  You won't get this stuff back, but I guess you wouldn't really need them again for anything.  Keep copies though for sure!!

13 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

Excellent.  We all know how frustrating this journey is.  There is so much about the process that lacks any type of logic.  Just relax and do what they ask.  In the end, you will be with your loved ones.  I wish you the best.  Stay positive and dont get upset with the minutiae.  The end justifies the means.  

I agree.  We are all here to help.  Believe me, I know how terribly frustrating, upsetting, and overwhelming it can be.  I did alot of ranting and crying myself.  Weare at their whim. This is going to work out and be ok.  You will get passed this!  Let us know how it goes!  Good Luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.