devistatedwife

US Citizen wife possible victim of marriage fraud

89 posts in this topic

I'm sorry that this happened to you. If I were in your shoes, I'd do research about how men treat women in his home country and about their rights. Sure, there will be some things that say women are treated well but you should also find things that validate the things he said to you. If you know others (not related to him) from there, talk to them as well. If you get a better understanding of the cultural norms you'll be less likely to believe that he will change. It will also help you realize that there's nothing you could have done to change the way he treated you. And go see a counselor. You deserve better and you need someone who will affirm your value. Also get a divorce and put some legal space between the two of you.

I am sorry for your marriage. You are not alone with whome this happened. It's seems to me he might have some psychological issues, that's why he is like this. Never be with abuser that's what I learned from my previous marriage. We love them but they will treat you like a trash. Believe me this type of relationship will not be of worth. It takes time but you will get over it. Make yourself strong to leave him and fight with your emotions. He will cry and beg but he will never change. If he would have been nice he wouldn't have done this to you. Best is divorce and move on. Find the way to make yourself happy. Love yourself enough that you don't have to depands on other for love.

I am so sorry you are going through all this especially after waiting 3 years for him.

I want to give you some advice as a survivor of dv(domestic violence) the behavior may change temporarily but it won't be permanent. Dv classes won't help my ex was arrested for assault,started the classes and a few months later he violated protective order after he tried to come back into my life. Depending on what orderof protection you have he is not allowed to contact you and if he does that's a vop and he will be arrested. I really hope it gets easier for you and if you ever need someone to talk to send me a message

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

My ex threatened suicide often. It's a form of physiological abuse to keep you in check. I'll save you from the nightmare I went through and tell you to keep up therapy, morn the loss of the dream he had you fall for as it is a loss.

He didn't have to fake who he was for long you weren't with him 24/7 but yes ppl can do that and have done that, members have posted about how they got fooled by their spouse for years.

The only time an abusive person changes is if they really want to change and that change cannot be because they are being forced. I've also personally seen more times then not that those abuse classes just teach them how to get away with it more.

My ex also did the suicide threats, and i was tricked also thinking he was a man i wanted to spend my life with. But he only could keep his charade up for 1 year, then the "real" person came out. He had me thinking i was losing my mind, we did marriage counseling, individual counseling, he sat there and lied. All the promises ect, nothing changed and i knew it never would. My life was turned upside down for 3 years AFTER our divorce!! They promise you the world hoping you will agree to get back together, and how he will change. I know you want your husband back, but unfortunately that person he presented himself as to you really never existed . I am so sorry you are going through this.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm so sorry OP. You deserve better than someone like him. Stay strong and heed the advice given here. Don't be afraid to reach out to your family and friends in real life, too....it might be hard to tell your story but in the end you need the support of those who love you.

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

As you feel guilty for not giving him a chance - ask yourself one question.

Do you want your children around a man who has already demonstrated to have a violent streak?

If you can't do it for yourself right now, since they will take time, do it for your children. In time, you will realize getting a divorce and staying away from him is the best option. People are victims of fraudulent visas all the time. He's just exceptional at it. Looking at it as your husband has passed may be the way to start moving on. Do what you need to do to keep your children and yourself safe!

Wife US Citizen/Husband UK Citizen

2mpdjqe.jpg

You feel bad (miss) for him because you are not a bad person and although he has put you through hell....you did love him.

I have been there. You will eventually be able to cope. Hopefully you can give yourself the chance to love again. It hard to trust again but you deserve the best.

Sorry I hope your heart can heal.

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

I have to agree with everyone on here; he won't change, he is a danger to you and your family, and is a danger to the country.

I've been in a similar situation, just not with the terror threats and my ex was American. They are really good at putting on a false front, part of being a sociopath. And the threats, it always starts with casual comments. Then it escalates. The fact that he 'knows' what ISIS requires is a bad sign.

You need to call the authorities about the threats, and you need to divorce him. I've read that the visa is only good as long as you're still married, but I'm certain you can find out for sure. You will go through a mourning process because you did lose a man you loved, whether he was real and genuine doesn't matter, because in your heart he was. But, if you don't take action now it will likely have a very bad outcome. I'm so sorry for your situation ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Call FBI if he's talking about bombs, ISIS and assault rifles.

Thank you. I was wanting to type the same thing. If you SEE something, SAY something. This thread needs to be reported to the FBI, moderator please. I am keeping a copy of my recommendation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

You can submit an anonymous tip to the FBI here: https://tips.fbi.gov/

It might be better she does this rather than the moderator but maybe that is also your/our readers/ responsibility.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.