devistatedwife

US Citizen wife possible victim of marriage fraud

89 posts in this topic

I didnt say rich but def have a place to go...i would think.

Anyway doubt he would be announcing future treats to his wife if it was true.

Hes just trying to scare her.

I dont know why anyone cares where he is from.

People are curious. It does give a general idea of why he is saying certain things.

And if he were isis would he be homeless??

Do you mean to say that isis is a rich powerful organization? That's wrong. They are a group of violent poor people.

I think hes just trying to get a rise out of the OP.

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sadly many people comment without reading the posts.

She has a Personal Protection Order.

Also said:

No such thing as conditional for 5 years and breaching a PPO is MOST unlikely to result in deportation.

He has a 10 year GC and there have been plenty of cases of people with seemingly serious convictions not being deported, never mind someone who has not even been charged with anything.

I was thinking the same thing, there is no such thing as anything conditional for 5 years. Where do people get these crazy ideas? What many people in this thread do not understand and that you cannot simply "get someone out of the country", ESPECIALLY someone who has his 10 year GC. This man has never been arrested or charged with a single thing. For all of you saying to deport him, please explain how this is possible under the laws of our country? There isn't some toll free number to call to simply have a person deported, there are checks and balances to make sure innocent people are not deported because of a scorned spouse(I am not saying her husband is guilty or innocent). Good Lord people, common sense please.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

As for the beginning, yes, there were many red flags! My husband currently lives in DK, which has a smaller time gap (not by much) and we struggle to be able to find one hour a day to call each other, not to mention 5-10 hours a day on skype! At that point it looks like, his full time job was to get you to get him into the country.

I disagree with this point alone. I actually spoke to my now husband on Skype when he was in Denmark for 5+ hours a day. We still talk for hours a day because we like to talk. :thumbs: I actually think the less time spent talking is usually a red flag.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Dear OP,

This is so sad and I am very sorry you are going through this nightmare...

You must stay strong for your sake and your kids sake...you must leave this guy for good because trust me he will never change...I dont know the law well and I dont know if he can be kicked from usa but I will tell you...there is nothing in life more important as long you are strong and healthy...you will find your self a true love just stay positive and self confident....

Come on...If Angelina Jolie can divorce Brad Pitt you can do it too:)

Timeline

Dear OP, it hurts reading your story. Please, be strong. All advice here are really very good, I agree about Xanax, try to get out of medication, you need your clear mind now more than ever, maybe he needs to be on Xanax and control his behavior by chemicals, you need to see all things clear and think about your kids and yourself.

I also agree about the advice to call FBI, your husband said some strange things, please, think also about other people, if he is in some stuff, he can do lots of damage not only to you or kids, you need to be a responsible citizen and protect our country. Tell his story to the FBI and let them to study if it's true.

You, more time with kids, more time in nature and gym, all kind of physical activities, make yourself tired and try to forget him or at least to see it clear, he is NOT good for you

Tasha

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I disagree with this point alone. I actually spoke to my now husband on Skype when he was in Denmark for 5+ hours a day. We still talk for hours a day because we like to talk. :thumbs: I actually think the less time spent talking is usually a red flag.

I agree with you, more time is definitely better to get to know more about one another.

Less time is a red flag, not for everyone but why would you not want to skype more unless your hours absolutely

don't allow for it.

Of course there are scammers who do have full time jobs hanging online 24/7, moving from one to the next

talking romance and rainbows.

Overall though, the more time the better or some people will get a big surprise asking : who the heck are you !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the responses. I do have a couple friends with husbands from the same country, and the husbands both said that this behavior would never happen. Wives are treated very well usually. They think he's dangerous. The thing that throws me is how could he fake an awesome personality for 3+ years? I am still in love with MY husband, the one that was waiting forever to be with me forever to live happily ever after. I am feeling like, I am in mourning, like MY husband got murdered or something and this person stole his visa. I don't know this man. Same looks, but personality is horrible...and all he ever does now is beg me to forgive him, he accepts responsibility for his abusive behavior towards me and says he feels bad about it, and wants me to let him prove he will never do it again. But he's said it before...many times since he's been here the past 5 months now. I called ICE they said if he breaks his ppo he will be arrested, and to call them immediately, and they will proceed with removal; because he is still conditional for first 5 years after arrival...& there are certain things immigrants can be deported for, and violating a ppo is one of them. The thing is, that would be forever... but I want MY husband. Does everyone here really think this man can't be rehabilitated through the DV class therapy? How do I accept that THIS man really is MY husband, and scammed me this whole time??? Am I insane because I want to believe him, that he'll change? How can anyone do this to anyone? Should I call his family and tell them? He's threatened suicide. The first week he was here we went to a gun dealer, he found a semi-automatic black rifle they said he could buy for around $700, he had plans of buying it "for protection" ...until i added that in the ppo that they should ban his ability to purchase a firearm. Oh, btw...he used to follow islam. I wore hijab of my own free will while we were separated waiting for issue. After he got here, he made me stop wearing hijab, and wear tank tops and short shorts...we never prayed, nor followed Ramadan this year, never went to mosque, nothing islamic. He drinks alcohol now, occasionally. His family knows nothing. I haven't skyped with them for months, because I don't want to lie. I know, he sounds horrible. He even commented to me, laughing... that he would do a bomb like the one in new york, the pressure cooker one, in the dumpster if trump paid him, and made him disappear. He told me isis is hiring in his country...you pledge your life for 7 years, they pay you like a king, but at the end of the time you have to give your life as a suicide bomber, no exceptions, no way out. Why would he tell me these things? I seriously think whoever this guy is, is psychotic and possibly dangerous. BUT I don't know if he was just talking or... if it's possible he would do something. I don't know who this man is, but he looks like MY husband...how do I handle this, and being committed to marriage, shouldn't I give him a chance to prove he wants to be a good person by going to these DV classes? I know, I sound like I'm mental...but I'm devastated and feel like, wth is going on??? I have been going to therapy, talked to domestic violence advocates, my doctor put me on xanax, talked to the dr's office counselor, talked with friends....but I still feel sick. I believe he is a narcissist sociopath...but again, is this man really MY husband, and HOW did he pretend to have a completely different attitude/personality for over 3 years? Was is like a split personality? How do I get his old personality back? Was he possessed? Can anyone help me to make the connection? Thanks for any response. (F)

This is the most heart breaking thing I think I've ever read. I just want to give you a big hug and tell you everything is going to be alright. I was in a terrible relationship last year with a horrible person that used me and abused me and went off cheating on me and told lies all the time. It took every fibre of my strength to break free. I was physically ill for months pining after her and just kept thinking of the good times we had at the start and couldn't believe the person she became at the end. But you know what time heals all wounds even wounds from a broken heart.

Im sorry this is happening to you but keep yourself busy get out and hang out with friends and family because there is nothing worse then sitting around the house thinking about what ifs and maybes. This guy had his chance and blow it, You can do so much better then him.

Take care

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

While it's probably intriguing for everyone to know where the OP's husband is from/what his motivations are, he is clearly mentally disturbed and dangerous.

I can understand if the OP feels sorry for him in this light, because sometimes people's craziness/mental issues might stem from something we don't understand and it can confuse us, or maybe we feel like it's our fault. It's not your fault, OP. You did nothing wrong. The reality is, he's mentally disturbed and you will never find answers/understand why he snapped and transformed into a different person. It's just unknowable and you're the victim of a very terrible accident of meeting/marrying someone like this man.

The feeling of loss is extremely hard. It's not something that just goes away immediately, but it will get better with time. Stay safe and close to those who love you to get through this mess. It's normal to feel sad and grieve during this time, but above all protect yourself and your kids. (F)

Edited by millefleur

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed and member thread banned for failing to heed moderation direction.

post constructively or do not post. the country of the beneficiary is irrelevant.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

The man you loved never existed, you got married to a scammer/abuser.

Time to call FBI and believe me they will come to talk to you. Focus in the bad things he did and told you, the person who talked to you for 3 years is a con artist. He will not change.

Seek help for you asap,find a counselor or psychologist and take care of yourself.Forget about this scumbag and move on.

Edited by sandranj

I went through almost the same situation. but I was the immigrant he will not change, you did not know him well, life in skype is different is not real life. You do not know someone until you actually get to live with that person and get to know his real way to be.

I am sorry,but you have to move on. He is an abuser and you deserve something better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.