Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About canadian_wife

  • Rank
    Long Time Member
  • Member # 53644

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    Vermont Service Center
  • Local Office
    Atlanta GA
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

35,272 profile views
  1. canadian_wife

    Citizenship through Apache blood.

    Are you referring to the Snyder Act of 1924 perhaps? Good luck
  2. Yes, I traveled internationally many times between interview and oath. And...are you seriously suggesting that traveling internationally is on the same scale as being imprisoned? Surely not! Good luck
  3. canadian_wife

    LOTS of questions

    1 - no, your Singapore income does not count. The I864 is to show that you can support your husband when he moves to the U.S. Since the Singapore income with cease when you move - that income obviously cannot be used to support him. Have you read the I864 instructions on what income/assets can be used? That is a great place to start. 2 - There is nothing stopping me, a US citizen and a current resident of the Great State of Georgia from up and moving to California tomorrow. So I guess the same is for you, right? No one wants to be apart from his/her husband or wife. Sadly I believe this is ultimately part of the process. Good luck
  4. Have you looked in to the school that you would want her to attend? Perhaps start there and see what they would issue, if it is not the required documents that NigeriaorBust says, then you would probably need to look at other schools and what they issue. Good luck
  5. I wish I knew so others could avoid the same problem. Every 90 days I put in a request, I went to infopass I did everything. Senator Perdue finally helped me. Good luck
  6. It took about 2 years from the initial interview to the oath ceremony. I had to get a senator involved because it was taking so long. I was eventually notified through mail. Good luck
  7. When I went for my naturalization interview Atlanta does same day oath ceremonies. So I dressed up nicely and curled my hair expecting my oath to be that day. But I got "a decision cannot be made". The officer explained to me that many times junior officers are given the task of doing interview but do not actually have the authority to approve. This seems to happen a lot at busy offices. I'm sorry this happened to you, I hope it is a quick turn around. Good luck
  8. While you believe these crimes happened 'way back', the United States government does not think they happened 'way back'. That is what missileman is saying. Good luck.
  9. canadian_wife

    Crossing the border w/spouse + a UHaul while CR1 is processing

    Will the CBP officer know this? Or is it plausible that he will just take her word for it? I don't know, it just seems like a risk to me. Good luck
  10. canadian_wife

    Crossing the border w/spouse + a UHaul while CR1 is processing

    You might want to post this in the Canada forum. I am not 100% sure but I do not think a beneficiary's items can move before the beneficiary. Post in the Canada forum for specific answers. Good luck
  11. Well, you know you can't say no. That would be lying. An especially risky move since you've already admitted to using drugs 4 years ago. Tell the truth, it is the only option. Good luck
  12. canadian_wife

    Refused and confused

    The next steps if your husband's case is refused really hinge on the totality of your situation. You say he's in the US? That he left El Salvador only once to go to the US? Can you please explain your situation in as much detail as possible so we can all help you out? Good luck
  13. canadian_wife

    K-1 Visa and sponsors

    I hate to ask a personal question, but I guess immigration often asks personal questions. Are both you and your fiance able to work? debbiedoo makes a good point, being disable does not mean one cannot work at all. Good luck
  14. canadian_wife

    Need help ASAP!

    Congrats on your marriage! Sadly, no. You may not take your parents with you when your USC husband files for you. He will file the spousal visa and when you become a US citizen you may petition for your own parents. Good luck
  15. In short, yes they can. The only ones that are guaranteed entrance in to the U.S. are US citizens. I was taken in to secondary inspection even though I had my 10 year green card. Now the important thing is that you WERE admitted correct? Next time you travel with your extension letter you may or may not have problems. Good luck