devistatedwife

US Citizen wife possible victim of marriage fraud

89 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have been reminded the OP's other account, and there were numerous red flags, obviously those flags do not always come to fruition, sadly in this case they did.

And yes from a T country but not the one I originally thought of.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Call FBI if he's talking about bombs, ISIS and assault rifles.

This. Please do this. And walk away and do not look back.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This thread is really no place for that sort of carry on. It doesn't matter. Not at all.

Totally agree. I don't think speculating about the OP's personal life details/identity is appropriate if she herself wanted such information to remain anonymous.

🇷🇺 CR-1 via DCF (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) & I-751 ROC (Apr 2019-Oct 2019)🌹

Spoiler

Info about my DCF Moscow* experience here and here

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia 👩‍❤️‍👨 See guide here
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED as of February 28th, 2019.

Removal of Conditions - MSC Service Center

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Apr 2020-Jun 2021) 🛂

Spoiler

Filed during Covid-19 & moved states 1 month after filing

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Moved to another state, filed AR-11 online

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review ➡️

15-May-2020: AR-11 request to change address completed

16-Jul-2020: Filed non-receipt inquiry due to never getting confirmation that case was transferred to new field office

15-Oct-2020: Received generic response to non-receipt inquiry, see full response here

10-Feb-2021: Contacted senator's office for help with USCIS

12-Feb-2021: Received canned response from senator's office that case is within processing time 😡

16-Feb-2021: Contacted other senator's office for help with USCIS - still no biometrics

19-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice - canned response from other senator's office 🌐

23-Feb-2021: Interview scheduled - notice to come in the mail

25-Feb-2021: Biometrics reuse notice arrives via mail

01-Mar-2021: Interview notice letter arrives via mail  ✉️ 

29-Mar-2021: Passed interview at local office! Oath Ceremony to be scheduled

13-Apr-2021: Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

04-May-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 Unable to attend due to illness

04-May-2021: Mailed request to reschedule Oath to local office

05-May-2021: "You did not attend your Oath Ceremony" - notice to come in the mail

06-May-2021: Oath Ceremony will be scheduled, date TBA

12-May-2021: Oath Ceremony re-scheduled for June 3rd, then de-scheduled same day 😡 

25-May-2021: New Oath Ceremony notice was mailed

16-Jun-2021: Oath Ceremony scheduled 🎆 - DONE!!

17-Jun-2021: Certificate of Naturalization issued

🎆 Members new and old: don't forget to fill in your VJ timeline! 🎇 https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You need to move on and away from him, he has serious issues, psychotic, and a wanna be as the way he is talking about cutting off heads, bombs and #######, shooting guns, that serious #######..... but sounds like he is a Little man that talks big #######.

You need to protect yourself and your kiddos, No man is worth this stuff, that is not true love, or even a soul mate, especially a Jekyll & Hyde personality.

If that was my husband, I'd be long gone , be strong, protect yourself and kids. I rather be without a man, then living in fear everyday then just to be able to say I have a man. Pftttttt. Lots of men out there, and sometimes in our own back yard,

Be smart, be strong, and move on quickly.............. best wishes.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Totally agree. I don't think speculating about the OP's personal life details/identity is appropriate if she herself wanted such information to remain anonymous.

fully agree.

the following is for those individuals who are not posting constructively in this thread:

1. numerous posts for drama stirring and speculations about the country of origin of the beneficiary removed.

2. thread bans AND admin action will follow should any further discussions about the above continue.

charles

vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please please please get you and your children out from around him and protect yourself. Divorce him. Many men from other cultures often will not go for therapy ESPECIALLY if they are from another country. I would report him to the FBI and the counterterrorism division in your local county or town. Please don't play with this man. I am so sorry this happened to you. I am sorry you and your children are caused so much pain and stress. =( Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the responses. I do have a couple friends with husbands from the same country, and the husbands both said that this behavior would never happen. Wives are treated very well usually. They think he's dangerous. The thing that throws me is how could he fake an awesome personality for 3+ years? I am still in love with MY husband, the one that was waiting forever to be with me forever to live happily ever after. I am feeling like, I am in mourning, like MY husband got murdered or something and this person stole his visa. I don't know this man. Same looks, but personality is horrible...and all he ever does now is beg me to forgive him, he accepts responsibility for his abusive behavior towards me and says he feels bad about it, and wants me to let him prove he will never do it again. But he's said it before...many times since he's been here the past 5 months now. I called ICE they said if he breaks his ppo he will be arrested, and to call them immediately, and they will proceed with removal; because he is still conditional for first 5 years after arrival...& there are certain things immigrants can be deported for, and violating a ppo is one of them. The thing is, that would be forever... but I want MY husband. Does everyone here really think this man can't be rehabilitated through the DV class therapy? How do I accept that THIS man really is MY husband, and scammed me this whole time??? Am I insane because I want to believe him, that he'll change? How can anyone do this to anyone? Should I call his family and tell them? He's threatened suicide. The first week he was here we went to a gun dealer, he found a semi-automatic black rifle they said he could buy for around $700, he had plans of buying it "for protection" ...until i added that in the ppo that they should ban his ability to purchase a firearm. Oh, btw...he used to follow islam. I wore hijab of my own free will while we were separated waiting for issue. After he got here, he made me stop wearing hijab, and wear tank tops and short shorts...we never prayed, nor followed Ramadan this year, never went to mosque, nothing islamic. He drinks alcohol now, occasionally. His family knows nothing. I haven't skyped with them for months, because I don't want to lie. I know, he sounds horrible. He even commented to me, laughing... that he would do a bomb like the one in new york, the pressure cooker one, in the dumpster if trump paid him, and made him disappear. He told me isis is hiring in his country...you pledge your life for 7 years, they pay you like a king, but at the end of the time you have to give your life as a suicide bomber, no exceptions, no way out. Why would he tell me these things? I seriously think whoever this guy is, is psychotic and possibly dangerous. BUT I don't know if he was just talking or... if it's possible he would do something. I don't know who this man is, but he looks like MY husband...how do I handle this, and being committed to marriage, shouldn't I give him a chance to prove he wants to be a good person by going to these DV classes? I know, I sound like I'm mental...but I'm devastated and feel like, wth is going on??? I have been going to therapy, talked to domestic violence advocates, my doctor put me on xanax, talked to the dr's office counselor, talked with friends....but I still feel sick. I believe he is a narcissist sociopath...but again, is this man really MY husband, and HOW did he pretend to have a completely different attitude/personality for over 3 years? Was is like a split personality? How do I get his old personality back? Was he possessed? Can anyone help me to make the connection? Thanks for any response. (F)

You need to inform the authorities immediately if he is making bomb threats.

Timeline

This is an immigration forum and the thread has digressed a bit, as I guess it was bound to.

As he was in AP for 22 months he must have his 10 year GC, so the only other aspect is that the OP would have sponsored him and should review the liabilities under the I 864, sounds like he does not have much and realistically will not if he stays. I sort of assume he will.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You seem like a nice person, but you need to call the FBI ASAP!!! This post honestly scares me, as well as many other members on this group. YOU NEED TO TALK TO THE FEDS ASAP!!! (Hopefully the govt does monitor these boards and already is looking)

As for the beginning, yes, there were many red flags! My husband currently lives in DK, which has a smaller time gap (not by much) and we struggle to be able to find one hour a day to call each other, not to mention 5-10 hours a day on skype! At that point it looks like, his full time job was to get you to get him into the country. Leave him, call the cops, get him out of the country, and find a good man who loves you for you and does not even think about harming you!

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Timeline

You seem like a nice person, but you need to call the FBI ASAP!!! This post honestly scares me, as well as many other members on this group. YOU NEED TO TALK TO THE FEDS ASAP!!! (Hopefully the govt does monitor these boards and already is looking)

As for the beginning, yes, there were many red flags! My husband currently lives in DK, which has a smaller time gap (not by much) and we struggle to be able to find one hour a day to call each other, not to mention 5-10 hours a day on skype! At that point it looks like, his full time job was to get you to get him into the country. Leave him, call the cops, get him out of the country, and find a good man who loves you for you and does not even think about harming you!

How is she supposed to get him out of the country?

Frankly, what can FBI do at this moment? They can't lock him up or kick him out of USA just because he has thoughts about ISIS, bomb threat, assault rifles..etc

The recent NYC bombing -> the father himself has been warning FBI about his son for 2 years yet nothing much can be done till bad things happened.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/23/nyregion/ahmad-khan-rahami-bombing.html

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Frankly, what can FBI do at this moment? They can't lock him up or kick him out of USA just because he has thoughts about ISIS, bomb threat, assault rifles..etc

The recent NYC bombing -> the father himself has been warning FBI about his son for 2 years yet nothing much can be done till bad things happened.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/23/nyregion/ahmad-khan-rahami-bombing.html

I was thinking the same, look at it dispassionately, he was subject to recent checking, and coming from a disappointed spouse?

How is she supposed to get him out of the country?

That would be for the FBI and Immigrations to deal with, but DV, terrorist threats, and fraud are all reasons of deportation.

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.