Pearl1973

Holding off filing AOS from K-1 Fiance Visa question

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you all for your responses....my sentiments exactly - we should be in our honeymoon phase. It really breaks my heart to have to do hold off the AOS process or even come on this forum and ask such questions after everything I went through during the K-1 process and the financial commitment I put towards the process and for him and for us and now I am questioning things or his intentions. How can someone come here and start blocking you on facebook and on his phone? what are you hiding?

You fulfilled your obligations on the K1 , you married timely. You can do AOS later if all works out.

Be careful, keep eyes and ears open, listen to your head and NOT your heart, I know all what your thinking and going through, I've been there, did that years ago.....

The blocking game on social networks, the phone game, don't post pics of us, blah blah blah..... yep, something is definitely wrong with him.

Best wishes.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Thank you all for your comments.

One of the other things that raised a red flag for me was he withheld some of the cash we received as wedding gift (basically lied that was all the money we had received when we were counting it together) and secretly sent the money to his kid's mom back home. I only found out a month later after I had taken his phone (without his consent of course) and found a western union receipt in his iphone pictures. He sent the money and some iTunes cards a couple of days after our wedding. I asked him why he would do such a thing, why would he not let me know since we are married (I do not have a problem with him helping out his children). I have bought them clothes, etc so there is no reason for this and he did not have a good answer but that he did not see a problem in what he did...really? He talks to the mother of his children behind my back and never told her that he is married or tell his kids. His phone is set to "do not disturb" until after 7am when I have left for work then he is on whatapp or immo. He has a password on his phone and when a call comes through you hear a beep but no caller ID or number as that goes with texts and he starts speaking in his language that I don't understand. So this is just another of his strange and deceitful behaviors that he is not remorseful about that infuriates me and now making me to be a person I don't want to be because I am hurting and disappointed. I really want to do right by my husband but he is making it so difficult and so scary. I don't want to hold the AOS over his head at all but I am so scared. I want things to work out but my head tells me that I maybe living a fantasy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Honestly, him not posting Facebook pics of the wedding isn't that suspicious on its own-- some people just choose not to share some things so personal and intimate online. HOWEVER, everything else you've shared are red flags-- the biggest of them being that he didn't tell his kids or their mother that he is married. I am so sorry that this is happening to you....all of us Feb 2016 filers have all supported each other through this journey. :(

K1 Visa                                                                                                                                                                                     

02/22/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                                   

02/23/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

02/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

05/19/16....NOA2 Text and Email

06/09/16....NVC Received I-129F

06/10/16....Case Number Received

06/14/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

07/22/16....Interview

08/11/16....Visa Issued (14 business days)

08/26/16....POE Houston, TX

Formerly "SoonToBeMrsU" (L)

AOS from K1 Visa

10/31/16....AOS packet mailed to Chicago, IL

11/04/16....NOA1

11/28/16....Biometrics Appointment

01/04/17....I485 Status Update: Ready to schedule I485 Interview

03/09/17....EAD/AP Combo Card Received 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is not good at all. Please don't file AOS.

Be careful, don't hold it over his head as a threat or ultimatium. Just watch out for yourself and get him back home or out of your house as soon possible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

One of the other things that raised a red flag for me was he withheld some of the cash we received as wedding gift (basically lied that was all the money we had received when we were counting it together) and secretly sent the money to his kid's mom back home. I only found out a month later after I had taken his phone (without his consent of course) and found a western union receipt in his iphone pictures.....

This behavior is what would raise a big red flag. The not wanting to post pictures on FB in itself may just be someone overly concerned about others snooping. From a privacy and security point of view, it is not recommended to post any information on facebook. However secretly sending money is something that is a deal breaker. And sorry to say, all the marriage counseling in the world won't fix it. Plan now to get divorced and send him packing. You have done right by your husband by doing so much for him, but sadly he's trying to con you. Hopefully he'll come clean and tell you what his plans were, just for your peace of mind. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

From what you are telling us it sounds like he is waiting for his green card. Once he has that, he will divorce you and petition his ex wife and kids over. This scam unfortunately happens a lot. Do not file AOS.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I will say that, delay this process. Even if his I-94 expires so be it. If you are unsure now, take your time now that you have lots of power.

You don't want an affidavit of support over your head...

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Yes, sorry. I know it's hard to hear this, but he is scamming you. How did you meet? Did he contact you on facebook or something? Why don't his own kids know about you? What happened when you visited him? How many times did you visit?

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think you've already gotten some great advice, and I'm sorry you're going through this. You say he will talk on the phone, but only in his native language? You should pay the couple dollars and get one of the apps that will live translate for you. Just so you have absolute proof for yourself that this is what's really happening.

Met 2008. Moved in together 2010. Married 2015. Baby Z joined us 2017 . :wub:

AOS Timeline 350 days

May 31/15 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP to USCIS

June 4/15 - Email and text notifications they were recieved

June 10/15 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP Dated June 1

June 17/15- Change of address confirmation

June 22/15- Biometrics appointment received

July 1/15- Biometrics appointment done(5 minute appointment, 8 hour round trip drive <_< )

August 5/15 - Change of address submitted for new location

August 8/15 - Mobile/E-mail notifications for approved EAD/AP :)

August 17/15 - Change of address confirmation after calling in

August 17/15 - EAD/AP Combo card mailed out(To the wrong address, and then lost by USPS)

September 3/15 - Contacted USCIS and was told to re-apply with a new application and fees?! Put in a service request online for lost card, and a complaint

September 8/15 - USPS found & returned card to USCIS

September 15/15 - Ombudsman contacted USCIS

September 17/15 - Card mailed back out

September 19/15 - EAD/AP Combo card finally in hand

September 22/15 - NPIW letter received, dated September 9/2015 estimated 6 month wait

October 13-21/15 - Traveled using AP to visit parents & ship the rest of our belongings out west

November 27-30/15 - Traveled using AP

December 28/15- RFE hard copy, waiting on documents from Canada

January 31-February 7/16 - Traveled using AP

February 10/16 - Sent in RFE, delivered Feb 16

April 16/16 - Service request filed, RFE was never updated online

May 12 - Approved email and status update dated May 10. Service request never was assigned or solved, though.

May 14 - Greencard in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.