Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

How many cats? LOL... my nephew got caught in the Tokyo Airport because he had to bring his cat. My sister was a little fussy because he nearly missed his sister's wedding... over the cat. :lol:

That's funny!! Good he didn't miss the wedding. I only have three lol. Can't leave them behinde. Hope it's not gonne be a hard time

to get them in the country. Lucky I don't have a wedding the same day I arrive :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

:lol: @ Shawn: LOL how would you know how easy it is to buy a red velvet cake? (Did you see the ones at Costco yet? )

Well... All your talk about these little cakes, and them me scoping them out (I still haven't gotten one!).. I just made a lucky guess!

Soooo... How hard could it be?!? Actually, after dinner tonight, I think I will find out!!! LOL

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!

-Shawn

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Just now reading all of this. we filed Nov and they received our package Dec 2. Still waiting. My congressman is going to submit some more info for us to prove our case and hopefully get our NOA2 very soon. Congrats to those who have gotten theirs.

blk-event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

hi all!

question for you... does it matter how much I "the foreign applicant" money i have ? reason why i am asking is because we opened up a joint account in the u,s, so i am sending over some every month..

will they be asking for my bank statement from ireland ? can someone confirm

A new month, everyone!!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations Gwen and Wouter!!!

My plans for getting my stuff down to Atlanta are:

1. I am really hoping my dad can convince my grandma to give me her car as a wedding present from her and my dad. She is way too old to drive it and doesn't need the money for selling it. I have enough money in my account to either buy a used car, or pay for insurance for a car for awhile, but not both. That way, Blake can fly up and then we can road trip down to Atlanta together with the car packed with as much as possible.

2. My mom and step-dad are looking into driving down for the wedding, especially since they have a van and I need to move a giant, very heavy, hope chest that my grandpa made for my mom when she moved out.

3. My dad and step-mom are also driving down, so I will get them to take some of my stuff.

4. The rest will be given to my family and I'll pay for them to take an extra suitcase when they fly.

I don't really have a ton of stuff to bring with me other than clothes and mementos/sentimental stuff, and the hope chest, so hopefully we can avoid shipping too much.

Christine,

Check into the requirements of transporting a vehicle with you and also check into the regulations of having your family bring your stuff. I understood that the only 'free of duty' chance to bring our stuff is on our one port of entry? I know the border guard always looks in the trunk when I cross now and asks if I am leaving anything behind, so I never chance bringing stuff to stay.

I am not absolutely sure, but it will be worth it to check out so no surprises for your family at the border.

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Timeline

That's funny!! Good he didn't miss the wedding. I only have three lol. Can't leave them behinde. Hope it's not gonne be a hard time

to get them in the country. Lucky I don't have a wedding the same day I arrive :)

The information for transporting animals: http://www.cbp.gov/

"Duty

Dogs, cats, and turtles are free of duty. Other pets imported into the United States, if subject to a

customs duty, may be included in your personal exemption if they accompany you and are

imported for your personal use and not for sale.

Cats - All domestic cats must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when

examined at the port of entry. If the animal is not in apparent good health, further examination by

a licensed veterinarian may be required at the owner's expense.

There is no requirement for a rabies certificate but most airlines require a veterinarian’s health

certificate. Cats arriving in Hawaii or Guam, both of which are free of rabies, are subject to

locally imposed quarantine requirements.

Dogs - Domestic dogs must be free of evidence of diseases communicable to humans when

examined at the port of entry. If the animal is not in apparent good health, further examination by

a licensed veterinarian may be required at the owner’s expense.

Collies, shepherds, and other dogs that are imported from any part of the world except Canada,

Mexico, and regions of Central America and the West Indies and that are to be used in the

handling of livestock must be inspected and quarantined at the port of entry for a sufficient time

to determine their freedom from tapeworm.

Vaccinations

Dogs that have never been vaccinated against rabies must be vaccinated at least 30 days before

entering the United States. This requirement does not apply, however, to puppies less than three

months of age or to dogs originating or located for at least six months in areas designated by the

U.S. Public Health Service as being rabies-free." See the link above for more information.

"

I have brought Nemo to Michaels numerious times, twice they asked is she had her current vaccinations.

I will be bringing Diggy the cat and from what I can see he only needs to 'appear' healthy, if they suspect anything they can quarantine the animal at your cost. To be safe rather than sorry bring their vaccination papers from the vet...we call it "Nemo's passport". I imagine the airlines would require proof of immunization as well?

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

ROC Process

AOS Process

K-1 Process
August 23, 2011 Approved

Timeline

Well... All your talk about these little cakes, and them me scoping them out (I still haven't gotten one!).. I just made a lucky guess!

Soooo... How hard could it be?!? Actually, after dinner tonight, I think I will find out!!! LOL

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!

-Shawn

Hmmm, when I reorganize the recipes, should I include a recipe for red velvet cake???

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

ROC Process

AOS Process

K-1 Process
August 23, 2011 Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hi all!

question for you... does it matter how much I "the foreign applicant" money i have ? reason why i am asking is because we opened up a joint account in the u,s, so i am sending over some every month..

will they be asking for my bank statement from ireland ? can someone confirm

Currency / Monetary Instruments - Duty on money, checks, etc.

Published 01/23/2003 06:35 PM | Updated 05/17/2010 03:14 PM |

Question: Do I have to pay duty on monetary instruments, currency, checks, etc?Customs and Border Protection (CBP) does not collect duty on currency. However, travelers leaving or entering the U.S. are required to report negotiable monetary instruments (i.e. currency or endorsed checks) valued at $10,000 or more on a "Report of International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments" form FinCEN 105.

You can obtain the form in advance and download it from here FinCEN 105, or a CBP Officer can give it to you upon your departure or return to the U.S.

Failure to declare currency in amounts of over $10,000 can result in its seizure.

Information on the FinCEN 105 is provided to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and they determine whether or not the importation of monies constitutes income subject to taxation.

The requirement to import currency on a FinCEN 105 does not apply to imports of gold bullion.

Also:

Currency / Monetary Instruments - Amount that can be brought into or leave the U.S.

Published 01/23/2003 06:35 PM | Updated 05/14/2010 02:17 PM |

Question: How much currency / money / monetary instruments can I bring into the U.S.?There is no limit on the amount of money that can be taken out of or brought into the United States. However, if a person or persons traveling together and filing a joint declaration (CBP Form 6059-B) have $10,000 or more in currency or negotiable monetary instruments, they must fill out a "Report of International Transportation of Currency and Monetary Instruments" FinCEN 105 (former CF 4790).

If assistance is required, a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer can help with filling out the form.

Please be aware, if persons traveling together have $10,000 or more, they cannot divide the currency between each other to avoid declaring the currency.

For example, if one person is carrying $5,000 and the other has $6,000, they have a total of $11, 000 in their possession and must report it on a FinCEN 105. If a person or family fails to declare their monetary instruments in amounts of over $10,000, their monetary instrument(s) may be subject to forfeiture and could result to civil and criminal penalties.

The FinCEN 105 can be obtained prior to traveling or when going through CBP.

References:

1. US Customs & Border Protection: https://help.cbp.gov...detail/a_id/447

2. US Customs & Border Protection: https://help.cbp.gov...2lkLzd0RG9iWXNr

There you go! Right from the US Customs & Border Protection Agency.

Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

DECEMBERITE THREAD MAP updated: May 02, 2011

:reading: HEY DECEMBERITE FAMILY!! GET UPDATED ON THE NEWS AROUND HERE!! :secret:

*** You're going to see this message with updates around in future posts so ALL OF US can get ready for each step of the Visa Journey! !***

Here are the previous post that will give you Thread Map for the USCIS links & information Currently, we're working on preparation of NOA2 Documents, Request to be Added to Timeline, Wedding planning, Fitness Challenge and our very own Decemberite International Cookbook so we won't stress out! Please join us and say hello to everyone.

• Page 119 ............................ Post # 1773..........................................................NOA2 Packet List ** PLEASE DO NOT MISS THIS**
  • Page 7.................................. Post # 98............................................................. Your NOA1 Date
  • Page 78................................Post # 1224......................................................... ADD ME to TIMELINE (Hit Reply and Post Your TIMELINE LINK for Dizzy to add you!)
  • Page 113 ............................ Post # 1689 ....................................................... Updated Timeline By DizzyLox with Decemberite Family List (Updated M-F, No weekends)
  • Page 10 ...............................Post # 142........................................................... Dec K1 2010 Thread's GAME PLAN
  • Page 11............................... Post #151.............................................................USCIS Service Center's EMAIL ADDRESSES & HEADQUARTER's SERVICE CENTER OPERATIONS
  • Page 17................................Post #251.............................................................CSC & VSC Processing Time (not a promise or a guarantee)
  • Page 20................................Post #294 ............................................................Igor's List CSC & VSC (Your place in line = approximation)
  • Page 22................................Post #316 &329....................................................Preparation for Medical Examination // Amendment post# 329
  • Page 23 .............................. Post# 341.............................................................CDC & Immigration Criteria for required vaccinations (record & history review for beneficiary)
  • Page 23................................Post #345.............................................................Best Wedding links by Wendie (EVERY BRIDES EASY GUIDE**)
  • Page 25................................Post#361..............................................................The Most Overlooked Tax Deductions Article by Kiplinger.com
  • Page 25................................Post # 362............................................................Nesting for our Fiance's new home! Clean, Declutter and Organize before they get here.
  • Page 32................................Post # 468........................................................... Bec_Dipu's example of why we do not wait to gather our NOA2 packet documents.
  • Page 33................................Post # 490............................................................Required Documents for NOA2 (Post is duplicate so members can find easily)
  • Page 37................................Post # 547............................................................Stay Healthy! No Bridezilla's here. Part 1 of Series on health matters. Water Intake
  • Page 40................................Post # 596............................................................No Bridezilla's here. Part 2 of Series. Fiber
  • Page 46................................Post #676.............................................................No Bridezilla here. Part 3 of Series. Walk our Talk & Exercise focus for your Bridal gown!
  • Page 46................................Post #686.............................................................December Fitness Challenge Weblink Library (this post moves when people add to it)
  • Page 49................................Post #723.............................................................Invite the US President, The Queen, and other Diplomats to your Wedding! by Shawn (uscmaviator).
  • Page 52................................Post #772..............................................................Can my fiance work while on a Visa? (Lee&Jenibee? answered)
  • Page 56................................Post #827..............................................................Travel Documents; Advanced Parole (Nikolacolada's: "Can my fiance travel after we marry?")
  • Page 57................................Post #842..............................................................USC Change of Address FYI
  • Page 59................................Post #874..............................................................EZ way to Identify each document so USCIS, NVC or Embassy won't lose your papers!
  • Page 85................................Post #1263............................................................Fitness Challenge Benefits (Dizzylox)
  • Page 87................................Post #1302............................................................My Beneficiary worked & lived in US for over 6 mos, does he need a US Police Certificate? (Ajlape)
  • Page 90................................Post #1348............................................................Answering Visa Questions with References
  • Page 90................................Post #1348............................................................How much of an Age Difference is too much? Wikipedia Answer for each country (link)
  • Page 91................................Post #1351............................................................United Nations on Human Rights: Consent to Marriage,Min Age for Marriage & Marriage Registration
  • Page 115............................. Post # 1719...........................................................NVC & US Dept of State Main Visa Office Phone numbers and information.
  • Page 123..............................Post # 1839...........................................................US Customs and Border Protection: How much instruments of currency can I bring to the USA?

Thanks Everybody... You are Dynamic!!!

Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Ok guys, today marked my 5 months so I called VSC and the very nice lady I spoke to told me that they are currently working on November 02 petitions but she put in a Service Request on my behalf and that I should receive a response within 15 days..If I don't hear anything in 15 days I will call again..will keep you posted!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Currency / Monetary Instruments - Duty on money, checks, etc.

Published 01/23/2003 06:35 PM | Updated 05/17/2010 03:14 PM |

Question: Do I have to pay duty on monetary instruments, currency, checks, etc?Customs and Border Protection (CBP) does not collect duty on currency. However, travelers leaving or entering the U.S. are required to report negotiable monetary instruments (i.e. currency or endorsed checks) valued at $10,000 or more on a "Report of International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments" form FinCEN 105.

You can obtain the form in advance and download it from here FinCEN 105, or a CBP Officer can give it to you upon your departure or return to the U.S.

Failure to declare currency in amounts of over $10,000 can result in its seizure.

Information on the FinCEN 105 is provided to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and they determine whether or not the importation of monies constitutes income subject to taxation.

The requirement to import currency on a FinCEN 105 does not apply to imports of gold bullion.

Also:

Currency / Monetary Instruments - Amount that can be brought into or leave the U.S.

Published 01/23/2003 06:35 PM | Updated 05/14/2010 02:17 PM |

Question: How much currency / money / monetary instruments can I bring into the U.S.?There is no limit on the amount of money that can be taken out of or brought into the United States. However, if a person or persons traveling together and filing a joint declaration (CBP Form 6059-B) have $10,000 or more in currency or negotiable monetary instruments, they must fill out a "Report of International Transportation of Currency and Monetary Instruments" FinCEN 105 (former CF 4790).

If assistance is required, a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer can help with filling out the form.

Please be aware, if persons traveling together have $10,000 or more, they cannot divide the currency between each other to avoid declaring the currency.

For example, if one person is carrying $5,000 and the other has $6,000, they have a total of $11, 000 in their possession and must report it on a FinCEN 105. If a person or family fails to declare their monetary instruments in amounts of over $10,000, their monetary instrument(s) may be subject to forfeiture and could result to civil and criminal penalties.

The FinCEN 105 can be obtained prior to traveling or when going through CBP.

References:

1. US Customs & Border Protection: https://help.cbp.gov...detail/a_id/447

2. US Customs & Border Protection: https://help.cbp.gov...2lkLzd0RG9iWXNr

There you go! Right from the US Customs & Border Protection Agency.

Mari

Hi Mari! thanks for the reply. let me clarify a little bit.. will they ask me for any papers during the interview at the consulate in regards to how much money i have?

I just read some poor soul on this forum that got decline due to his affidavit was a few dollars short, now suddenly i got nervous myself.

My fiancée in the U.S didn't work last year, so he's not in the tax system, but making enough money now this year. i hope they wont make any fuss about it

CONGRATULATIONS TO GSUMMIT FOR THEIR NOA2 TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOO

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

just did the worlds biggest most flamboyant happy dance

NOA2!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I-129F Sent: 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1: 2010-12-01

*..twiddling thumbs and some planes later*

I-129F NOA2: 2011-05-02

NVC Received: 2011-05-06

NVC Left: 2011-05-12

Consulate Received: 2011-05-20

Packet 3 Received: 2011-05-26

Packet 3 Sent: 2011-05-28

Medical: 2011-06-14

Packet 4 Received: 2011-07-04

Interview Date: 2011-08-26 - APPROVED

P.O.E 2011-09-16

reilly's pretty music <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.