Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

hey there! My fiance will be going to London US Consulate as well after NOA2. I have just completed getting everything ready for him so he will be prepared for the next steps.

I referenced these two threads for the info: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/291809-just-got-my-noa2-email-just-want-to-check-i-have-the-next-step-right/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/292811-cover-letter-question/

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hey everyone! thanks for the message about updating timelines. nice to see so much optimism for everyone in our boat. i've just come back from the USA after 10 lovely days with my fiance and so ready to go back! we've been talking a lot with his family about the visa journey (his mom is our biggest supporter, it's such a huge compliment for us) and we're getting antsy wondering how much longer we have to wait just to get to stay together without interruption to our lives with all the to and fro'ing. it's early days yet though - we received our NOA1 on the 6th december and that's the last we've heard. Carrie your NOA1 Date is Dec 1st! You're 2 mos completed on Feb 1st!! :star: +:star:= (L)

We've been looking into the next stages, wanting to get some of the paperwork ready in advance. things like the police and medical reports i want to sort out but wondering if we're jumping the gun or not. wish the case status checker on the INS website had a little more of a personal touch but ho-hum, we shall persevere!

good luck to all other filers, we will get there in the end! can't wait until we all have some good news to share.

:energy: Welcome Reilly & Carrie to the Thread!!!:energy:

There's some great references here for the USCIS packet 2 & 3, questions for interview, etc!

Happy to meet another Dec Filer!

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Lise & Galizzzzy! Thanks for the links & info.

I'm close to finishing packet 2. I need my 2010 tax filing still, and we need to get his documents translated to English after Kadir has an updated police & passport report (since he's been out of his country working abroad). A work in progress!

Now started on packet 3. Sheesh, talk about the VJ being tedious for all of us working on these packets. I don't know how anyone has time to complain about the waiting time when it takes this long for both the petitioner and beneficiary to gather all the official documents from their countries and tie up loose ends! LOL And then the simple fact that we all have work, school, children and /or daily living skills we must perform to survive, as well as qualify within the Visa application system (both pet and ben).

You know what the blessing is in all of this? Despite the thing I call, "waiting pains" [the time apart till approvals], cost and efforts we put forward, this VJ really gives a new perspective of how precious our relationships are!! Definitely it's nothing to take for granted.

Happy Sunday Dec Peeps!!

Mari

what do you mean packet 2? what's packet 2?

For me, packet 3 (London) is Mr. Loxy's DS forms, medical, adoption certificate, police records, my I-134 & tax documents, bank letter and employment letters and proof of ongoing relationship. Do I have something confused?

---

---

Timeline

No dizzy you didn't get anything wrong... that's what I have on my list also. But if that is 3 then what is 2? < MARI CONFUSED NOW lol lol... >

OK wait lemme think this through:

1. Petitioner (USC) Petition for Fiance(e) Beneficiary is our K-1, 129F then the NOA1 official doc.
  2. Post NOA2 approval to apply for US Visa: Beneficiary's packet for interview (same as what you have posted above); POE they hand over the sealed packet from Embassy.
  3. Filing for AOS after legal marriage within 90 days POE. (I thought this was packet 3?): Approval = Two-yr GC issued. Apply for SS# & EAD, Driver's License, etc
  4. Post 2yr conditional GC, then Petitioner is to sign document stating couple is still together / proof of such, etc. 10 year GC issued.
  5. Post 10yr, lifting of conditions, Passing of Naturalization testing, and Sworn in as USC. YEAH!!!
  6. Party ... a lot of it!!

Dizzy let's put our heads together, help me out if I got this wrong or backwards. This is what I went by: http://travel.state....pes_2994.html#5

Thanks Galizzy!!

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Timeline

what do you mean packet 2? what's packet 2?

For me, packet 3 (London) is Mr. Loxy's DS forms, medical, adoption certificate, police records, my I-134 & tax documents, bank letter and employment letters and proof of ongoing relationship. Do I have something confused?

Mrs Loxxxxxxxxxxy, is it different for London Embassy? Now I'm going to check Ankara! This is more confusing than the Game threads! LOL :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

thanks for the warm welcome :D :D

and thanks for the super useful links. i'm wondering if i should be getting all this stuff together before we receive the noa2, or what the chances are if i get police checks and medical recs and such, when the time comes they might be deemed outdated.

i have a bad case of ants in the pants. lol.

all i know is when we hear back next, you're going to hear my screeches of joy from wherever you're sitting! uk, usa or otherwise! :lol:

I-129F Sent: 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1: 2010-12-01

*..twiddling thumbs and some planes later*

I-129F NOA2: 2011-05-02

NVC Received: 2011-05-06

NVC Left: 2011-05-12

Consulate Received: 2011-05-20

Packet 3 Received: 2011-05-26

Packet 3 Sent: 2011-05-28

Medical: 2011-06-14

Packet 4 Received: 2011-07-04

Interview Date: 2011-08-26 - APPROVED

P.O.E 2011-09-16

reilly's pretty music <3

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

and thanks for the super useful links. i'm wondering if i should be getting all this stuff together before we receive the noa2, or what the chances are if i get police checks and medical recs and such, when the time comes they might be deemed outdated.

all i know is when we hear back next, you're going to hear my screeches of joy from wherever you're sitting! uk, usa or otherwise! :lol:

I've been wondering the same thing in regards to the dates. I can't find any information about when the forms and police records have to be dated. I tried contacting the Delhi consulate, but got no response. Maybe I'll send two copies of the forms to my fiance, one undated in case the dated ones are too old lol

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Christine - the "Last Updated" date is your "touch" date :) Check www.uscis.gov for your case status. Also - which Service Center was your petition routed to? Make sure you update your timeline!

I don't see any 'Last Updated' date at all - I guess this means I have not been touched yet?

I will do that, we were routed to Vermont!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

The police certificate is apparently valid for 1 year (UK at least), so I'm thinking that I'll send off for that later in Feb, and the medical cannot be done until you have the LDN reference from the London embassy, so after NOA2 has been done.

I think I'm right unsure.gif

Ben

10/23/2009 - Met on eHarmony

09/20/2010 - Got engaged at the top of the London Eye 🙂

11/24/2010 - I-129F sent to Texas dropbox

11/29/2010 - I-129F received by CSC

03/21/2011 - Touched!

04/18/2011 - NOA2 approved by CSC 4 months 3 weeks after NOA1

07/18/2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!

09/20/2011 - Married!

10/11/2011 - AOS package mailed to Chicago lockbox

10/18/2011 - AOS package routed to National Benefits Center for processing

10/19/2011 - I-765 EAD noted on USCIS site

10/22/2011 - I-797C for AOS and EAD received

11/08/2011 - AOS file transferred to CSC

11/10/2011 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

12/12/2011 - Green card received dated 11/23/11

09/20/2013 - I-751 sent to CSC

09/23/2013 - I-751 received at CSC - NOA1

10/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

08/29/2020 - N400 Application submitted online

08/29/2020 - N400 fee taken

01/20/2021 - Biometrics re-use notification

04/14/2021 - Interview scheduled notification

05/11/2021 - Interview!

05/11/2021 - N-400 Recommended for Naturalization!

06/02/2021 - Naturalization oath ceremony!

Timeline

NOA1 in hand, NOW what do I do?

For the Beneficiary of K-1 Petitioner:

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), ...... will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• One (1) Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application, Form DS-156K .
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)
  • Birth certificate
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 inch photographs. See the required photo format explained in Nonimmigrant Visa Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The Consular Officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Medical Examination and Vaccination Requirements

In preparing for the interview, applicants will need to schedule and complete a medical examination. Before the issuance of an immigrant or K visa, every applicant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination which must be performed by an authorized panel physician. You will be provided instructions regarding medical examinations from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for your visa, including information on authorized panel physicians. See Medical Examination for more information, including a list of panel physicians by country, and frequently asked questions.

K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage. Applicants are therefore encouraged to fulfill these vaccination requirements at the time of the medical examination. See Vaccination Requirements for IV Applicants for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

Proof of Financial Support and Affidavit of Support Forms

During the visa interview, applicants will be required to present evidence to the Consular Officer that they will not become a public charge in the U.S. You may present evidence that you are able to financially support yourself or that your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is able to provide support. The Consular Officer may request that a Form I-134, Affidavit of Support be submitted by the U.S. citizen fiancé(e).

The U.S. citizen fiancé(e) will need to submit Form I-864 to USCIS with the application for adjustment of status to that of legal permanent resident following the marriage.

Do the Same Income Requirements Apply to Form I-134 as Apply to Form I-864?

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

Fees - How Much Does a K-1 Visa Cost?

Fees are charged for the following services:

• Filing an Alien Fiancé(e) Petition, Form I-129F
  • Nonimmigrant visa application processing fee, Form DS-156
  • Medical examination (costs vary from post to post)
  • Other costs may include translation and photocopying charges, fees for getting the documents required for the visa application (such as passport, police certificates, birth certificates, etc.), and travel expenses to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an interview. Costs vary from country to country and case to case.
  • Filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

For current fees for Department of State, see Fees for Visa Services. For current fees for USCIS, see Check Filing Fees on the USCIS website.

1. CALIF SERVICE CENTER PROCESSING TIME: https://egov.uscis.g...TimesDisplay.do

2. VERMONT SERVICE CENTER PROCESSING TIME: https://egov.uscis.g...TimesDisplay.do

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Timeline

The police certificate is apparently valid for 1 year (UK at least), so I'm thinking that I'll send off for that later in Feb, and the medical cannot be done until you have the LDN reference from the London embassy, so after NOA2 has been done.

I think I'm right unsure.gif

And where have you two been hiding? lol.... good to see you!!!

Yeah. No medical activity until after we have LDN number from NVC (after NOA2). But as soon as we get NOA2, he's going to send for police certificates just in case it takes a while to get in.

---

---

Timeline

anybody here know if its possible for me to attend CFO seminar ?if so, what are the requirements? (just bored fellow vj's member)

Hi "me and you" .... can you please tell us if you're the beneficiary or the petitioner? If beneficiary, the location says PH, but your consulate says, Armenia? Please clarify?

OK for the PI this is what I found re: Requirements. Please do not quote me as this came from VJ and is not the official.

Heres what she/he needs for registration Requirements for Filipino spouses:

-Original passport

-original CFO Guidance & counseling certificate (green Color) note she/he will get it after she attend the seminar.

-1 photocopy of visa

-1 photocopy of Immigrant Data summary IDS for US bound registrants

-Duly completed emigrant Registration form

In addition she/he needs to bring a marriage certificate, birth certificate both from census. . and NBI.

she needs to photocopies all the required documents. she is not allow to open her visa. when she arrive in US then the people from there allow to open it.

the payment costs 650 php.. 400 for the stamp in her passport and 250 for the seminar. The seminar time is 8;30 am, 11:30 am , 1:30 nn. Monday to friday.

here the address and contact. you may call them

1043 Aurora Blvd. Katipunan, Quezon City

(632) 9136439 or 9111814

call them for more info...

Also PI Official PRISM site: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=322&Itemid=78

Map: http://www.cfo.gov.p...s/mapmanila.jpg

PRISM is right across the street from De La Salle University, in the BDO building. Once you're done with the seminar, everyone else there will be going to CFO also, the taxi drivers out front are very familiar with where you need to go from there (CFO). The people that work in PRISM can also tell you how to get there by jeepney, bus, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=pV6_RsmGHqA&vq=medium

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.