Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just checked our case status today, and we got an RFE!

Yaaaaaaaaay! I'm just happy they actually looked at it. :lol: I wonder what it's for as my fiance and I took care to make sure we got everything and we provided a ton of solid evidence of having met in the last two years. I think it probably has to do with either my citizenship or my employment history. Though both of those items seem trivial to send an RFE out for. We'll see, I guess.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

1-800-375-5283 is the correct number :) After you choose the language (1 for English), choose 2 for case status, then 6 for customer rep. Since our petition is taking longer than the 5 months processing time, they sent a service request for me (they also told me my case had yet to be assigned to anyone grrrr). So hopefully this will get our case moving along.... Good Luck!!

Thanks :thumbs: for the info! I promised to call but I say we have to wait until May 16 to comply with the 5 month! I'm starting to lose what little patience I have left :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

haha Em and I rented a car and went to go visit his mom in Yucatan for the weekend. We got back yesterday but our internet wasn't working until this afternoon!... Since we got back I've just been dreaming of returning.. We also got his original birth certificate.. woo hoo! And I think the best news ever.. this time when we went there were no tarantulas roaming the streets (I saw TWO last time)!

I only have a few more days before 5 months and I'm going to try and call USCIS just to see... In the mean I'm just gonna chill in my hammock until I get the email that we've been approved ;-)

Lots of VSC noa2s today!!! I'll update tomorrow. Looks like some csc updates as well!!!

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Where's yours, MizzDizzy?!

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just checked our case status today, and we got an RFE!

Yaaaaaaaaay! I'm just happy they actually looked at it. :lol: I wonder what it's for as my fiance and I took care to make sure we got everything and we provided a ton of solid evidence of having met in the last two years. I think it probably has to do with either my citizenship or my employment history. Though both of those items seem trivial to send an RFE out for. We'll see, I guess.

Welcome to the RFE Dog House, wish I had a better name for it. We use to be next to each other on the December filers list before the CSC VSC split, do you remember?? Anyways, I am sure this means you guys are just a few weeks from NOA# 2 now. Take care..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome to the RFE Dog House, wish I had a better name for it. We use to be next to each other on the December filers list before the CSC VSC split, do you remember?? Anyways, I am sure this means you guys are just a few weeks from NOA# 2 now. Take care..

I do remember you! I'm sorry to see you're also in the RFE Dog House (a very apt title for it, by the way). The worst part is not knowing what the RFE was for. We were positive we got everything. So at this point I can only assume it's about me. Hopefully that letter lands in my fiance's lap soon so we can fix whatever it was and our petition can move forward. Hopefully whatever it was is also a minor issue. I hate not knowing!

Where's yours, MizzDizzy?!

Dunno!!

---

---

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Was that email from the NVC? Gin didn't get an email after the one from USCIS saying that the petition was approved. unsure.gif

I am not at all sure if I am following this conversation right...but Michael got a letter dated April 28, in the mail, after our NOA2 stating:

Dear Petitioner,

The State Department's National Visa Centre has recently received an approved I-129F petition filed on behalf

of your fiance. This letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa-issuing post where your visa interview will take place

Our recods show that you filed I-129F petition for:

Name of Fiance: ME!!!!

INS Receipt Number: xxxx

barcode

Case Number MTLxxxxx (Is this the number I need for Montreal???)

The case will be processed at

Your fiance will soon receive a packet with instructions form the consular section on how to apply for the K1 visa at that post and what documents will be required.

So, I just got back late last night from Michael's and am hoping for the packet this week!

Off to the police station for my criminal check! It should be in within 4-6 weeks which gives me plenty of

time before receiving an appointment in Montreal.

And I stopped at Michael's sister's on the way back, she was a florist at one time and offered to do my few flowers...and I am sooooooooo excited at what we came up with. I am having a fall theme, with leaves, twigs, acorns, few flowers as the ingredients of my centre pieces and bouquet. I really left her house feeling happy that this is exactly what I had been looking for....searching bridal websites etc to no avail! She new exactly what I wanted!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO HAVE RECENTLY RECEIVED THEIR NOA2!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Dunno!!

We are all hoping for yours to come very soon...how about today???

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Updated 05.05.2011

Cindo De Mayo!!!

CSC:

iwmyhl.png

VSC:

izcd3a.png

woohoo!

---

---

We are all hoping for yours to come very soon...how about today???

I hope you're right!! Haha. ;)

---

---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I hope you're right!! Haha. ;)

me too :( stupid visa...im over waiting....im soo happy for the people getting their NOA2'S but dont get me wrong...my face screws up a little when i see people with later dates then mine getting approved....cant help but be jealous :( ... but happy at the same time for them

COME ON NOA2!!!!!! KIRIA NEEEEEEDS YOOOOUUU

me too :( stupid visa...im over waiting....im soo happy for the people getting their NOA2'S but dont get me wrong...my face screws up a little when i see people with later dates then mine getting approved....cant help but be jealous :( ... but happy at the same time for them

COME ON NOA2!!!!!! KIRIA NEEEEEEDS YOOOOUUU

Well said. I feel yah!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.