Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hmm...ok, I'll check with Loxy. Miss Diz doesn't have the I-797 original. My sweetheart does :)

I'll ask!

How's the birthday doing Mrs Loxxxy? Birthday Girl!!!

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Today, I cleaned and cleaned and then notice our Persian cat had mats. You see he is a housecat and he got out in the rain when we moved. Hence the mats. Ugh. So I gave him a bath in a pretty smelling shampoo, and then a miss clarol conditioner to make his fur shine.... and of course, the haircut. So, I decided to give him a Lion Haircut! This is what our cat looked liked when I was finished with him.

2505596489_83140906aa.jpg

To protect the innocent, this is a random pic of a persian cat with the same haircut as ours.

I love the cat!

Mari

Today, I cleaned and cleaned and then notice our Persian cat had mats. You see he is a housecat and he got out in the rain when we moved. Hence the mats. Ugh. So I gave him a bath in a pretty smelling shampoo, and then a miss clarol conditioner to make his fur shine.... and of course, the haircut. So, I decided to give him a Lion Haircut! This is what our cat looked liked when I was finished with him.

To protect the innocent, this is a random pic of a persian cat with the same haircut as ours.

I love the cat!

Mari

Mari,

:wow: This is what I look like when I get up in the morning.... LUCKY Fatih huh?:o

Fatih and Kelly's Visa Journey

2010- 12-10: Sent I-130 and DS-230 Complete Package to US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey via UPS

which included everything BUT the Kitchen SINK!

2010-12-13: Per UPS, Package has been received at American Consulate in Ankara, Turkey

2011-01-20: Received Email from US Embassy in Ankara

INTERVIEW DATE 03/08/2011 @ 8:30 am !!!

2011-03-08: Placed in AP

I will NEVER give up and WILL fight to the END!

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

Filed: Timeline

I love the cat!

Mari

so cute hahaha.. i want to have pets but i have allergy.. i can't live with pets :(:crying: :crying:

Timeline

so cute hahaha.. i want to have pets but i have allergy.. i can't live with pets :(:crying: :crying:

Don't fret! What about Fish? Can you have fish? They make good pets. And they're soothing when you watch them in the tank.

How's the wedding plans coming along?

Mari

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

OK you need to stop watching the clock and start planning the wedding or something! LOL you're making me stress out now. In fact, I was reviewing my I-134 draft (affidavit of support) before I had my CPA do my 2010 taxes and also my I-864 forms too. Since I am self employed, I must use "line 22" on my tax return to state my 2010 income. Everything is OK, but I did stress a little bit over it earlier. Not worth my muscles getting tense!

Also, I worked on our wedding venues today for a bit and called around, emailed, got the packages, printed them and put them into a binder... OMG WHY DOES IT COST A BOAT LOAD OF $$$ when we're only having 35-40 guests??? LOL I am so seriously going to skinny out that list! I mean it! I am sticking to budget and that's it. This morinng when K called, I asked him what kind of food... do you think he wants to plan with me? Nope. I also decided to incorporate his culture and heritage into our reception. I have an idea in my head and bunch of stuff going thru my mind ...now to get it into my planning notebook. Work work work!

I'm now going to get my red velvet cupcakes with that beautiful snow cream frosting... omg... LOL this is what I get for watching those Cupcake Divas and the Cake Boss on TLC!

Everybody have sweet rest of the night!:star:

Mari

Michael has been a good support with our wedding planning. I refuse to do it alone! When we met with the caterer and got to the cake part we each had our idea...he likes lemon cake and I wanted red velvet. To meet both our tastes it is going to be two tired...one level with lemon cake and the other with red velvet. It will have cascading leaves down the sides...I can't wait to see it and eat it!!! And I am with you Mari...why so much for a small wedding????

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Filed: Timeline

Don't fret! What about Fish? Can you have fish? They make good pets. And they're soothing when you watch them in the tank.

How's the wedding plans coming along?

Mari

i had fish before.. their names are PA,PI AND PO.. they died ,my son was 4 years old that time and he fed too much the reason why i think they die...:(

ohh wedding..yeah im searching for garden wedding in Forney.. i haven't found yet... more in Dallas... my Fiance too busy for now to search so he let me do it online... im excited anyway...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My wedding gown came in yesterday!! What an AWESOME birthday present!!! Happy Birthday To Me!! :)

Updated March 2 2011

2rwtk4z.png

Happy belated birthday to you and congrats on your dress. I've never been so happy trying on clothes as the day I bought my dress :D

When you get a free minute, can you add us to the timeline? Thanks much

K-1 process

1. December 19, 2010: Mailed I-129F

2. December 23, 2010: I-129F delivered

3. December 28, 2010: NOA1

4. December 29, 2010: Received email and text message from USCIS stating application was received

5. January 6, 2011: Received hard copy NOA1

6. May 2, 2011: Received email and text message for NOA2

7. May 6, 2011: Received hard copy NOA2

8. May 9, 2011: NVC received approved 129-F

9. May 10, 2011: NVC mailed to Nigeria

10. May 25, 2011: Received packet 3 and interview date of August 10th

11. August 10, 2011: Interview; VISA APPROVED!!!

12. August 29, 2011: POE Houston, TX

13. September 3, 2011: Wedding day

AOS process

1. October 18, 2011: Mailed AOS

2. October 28, 2011: AOS delivered

3. November 1, 2011: Received email and text message from USCIS stating AOS received

4. November 5, 2011: Received I-797C

5. November 22, 2011: Biometrics appointment

6. November 25, 2011: Received letter that case was transferred to California

7. February 21, 2012: Received email of RFE

8. February 25, 2012: Received RFE for completed I-693 (curse the incompetent physician)

9. March 1, 2012: Mailed RFE response

10. March 15, 2012: Green card in production email

11. March 17, 2012: Green card mailed

12. March 21, 2012: Green card in hand!

Removal of conditions

1. December 18, 2013: Mailed I-751

2. January 21, 2014: Biometrics appointment

3. June 1. 2014: Received RFE

4. July 3, 2014: Mailed RFE response

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

happy belated birthday Loxxy!

I'm here in Atlanta with Blake doing wedding stuff and general happiness. We have already booked (and put a deposit down) on our dj, we just got our quote from the caterer (OUCH! I know thats what takes up most of your budget and I know we got a reeeeally good deal for this area and the food we're getting but it still stings to see that big number!) and will be booking them ASAP (also with a deposit). Tonight and monday we're meeting with prospective photographers.

Its all very exciting, but it also makes me that much more anxious waiting for my NOA2 since I need to get all this immigration craziness done in time! We're going to work on our next package while I'm here, so we can both get a copy of everything (mail is so slow, and priority mail is so expensive!)

PHEW!

event.png

Timeline

happy belated birthday Loxxy!

I'm here in Atlanta with Blake doing wedding stuff and general happiness. We have already booked (and put a deposit down) on our dj, we just got our quote from the caterer (OUCH! I know thats what takes up most of your budget and I know we got a reeeeally good deal for this area and the food we're getting but it still stings to see that big number!) and will be booking them ASAP (also with a deposit). Tonight and monday we're meeting with prospective photographers.

Its all very exciting, but it also makes me that much more anxious waiting for my NOA2 since I need to get all this immigration craziness done in time! We're going to work on our next package while I'm here, so we can both get a copy of everything (mail is so slow, and priority mail is so expensive!)

PHEW!

OMG Christine, I'm with you on all of this. I love our Photographer though! She's a hoot to work with and I had her email me their qualifications, asked a lot of questions, etc. That is one thing I am very specific about as I want beautiful photography more than anything; it's kinda like a gift to me and Kadir both. I'm not sure how many people now either! We could end up with 10 to 40 since we're all coming from out of state (destination wedding away from San Francisco area). The budget though is something I keep thinking about, I can assure you. LOL

Wow you know that most of our December Filers are either at the half way point of 2.5 mos or at the 3 mos mark when there is only 2 more mos for that 5 mos uscis goal time? (we hope & pray, right?) Everyday I pray over all of us on VJ (mostly for our sanity lol lol).

Sounds like you and Blake are coming along with wedding plans just great!

Cheers Girl!

Mari

Timeline

(L) Here Comes The Bride :wub: ... We're not :girlwerewolf2xn: Bridezilla

Part 2 in a Series by Mari

Hi Dec 2010 K-1 Brides!

We (Brides) are working very hard to keep busy planning and getting pretty excited that our Grooms will be with us soon! No matter if you're the beneficiary, or the petitioner, we do not want to be a Bridezilla at our own wedding. Our big day holds in and of itself little bits and pieces of details; sometimes these little things might stress us out. For example: How about our Bridal gowns? We search for that perfect menu for reception. We mull over safe the dates and invitation stationary. We can go on and on about it. But what does that do for our personal self, our health? Mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically, we want to look and feel our personal best! So, today, I'm writing about getting enough fiber in our diet. Last week, I wrote about the importance of drinking enough water and I hope all of you (both brides and grooms) were able to get some good important health facts. So let’s focus on Fiber today!

Fiber History: Back in the ‘70s a Doctor Dennis Burkett was practicing in rural Africa. Among his research he noticed that his patients did not have the same diseases as the Western civilizations were reporting. There was a disease commonality in the US and UK that were not common among the Africans. Some of the illnesses his research noted among the westerners were cardiovascular diseases (heart attack, high blood pressure), metabolic diseases (diabetes, obesity), gastro-intestinal diseases (polyps, diverticulitis, constipation, gall stones, hemorrhoids, appendicitis, colon cancer), vascular diseases (varicose veins, deep vein thrombosis –aka: clots). So what was the major difference? The African culture had more fiber in their dietary intake.

Why? The reason is in the late 1800’s the introduction of milling techniques became widespread throughout the US and England. Thus, we lost much of the fiber from whole grains by its removal and production of white flour. Uh oh CAKE! OUR WEDDING CAKES!

With the abundance of processed foods among us, natural foods change through the production. They lose their quality and nutritional values in our bodies. In regards to a healthcare standpoint; the food loses maintenance value and our bodies become poorly nourished and lack the daily requirements we need for fuel and sustenance. No wonder Dr. Burkett took notice from comparison. It would be hard to miss! In fact, Dr. Burkett became so aware of the fiber research that he was able to predict the number of patient’s hospital visits when he noted the size and frequency of bowel movements. His discovery of the relational benefits of fiber and our bodies were hallmark in healthcare.

What does this mean for us Brides (and Grooms)? It means that we need to protect our health by properly giving our bodies essential foods and water. It means a little more healthy thinking as part of our daily routine so we can eventually obtain (if not already) good physical shape and fit lives.

There are two types of fiber:

1. Soluble: these dissolve in water. Examples: apples, oats, beans, some vegetables, berry, and my favourite, Psylluim (found in natural food stores or, Benefiber).

2. Insoluble: these encourage the digestive process of food. Examples: whole wheat (not refined white flour), bran, nuts and seeds, and some vegetables and fruits with skin.

Together both types produce a total fiber count which is what our goal is to feed our bodies.

So how much would be good fibrous nutrition? The Mayo clinical research suggests the following: Women should try to consume 20-25 grams per day. Men should consume 30-38 grams per day. However, I have suggested to my own patients to “jump start” their diets when irregular bowel movements, obesity or overweight, and when their dietary intake of fiber is little to none. I will encourage women to 30-40g/day and men up to 50g/day, as needed. Personally, I consume approximately up to 40+ g/day because that just happens to be what I naturally eat. Upon your yearly check-ups ask your physician about healthy eating and you.

You can Google a fiber list of foods which will give you nutritional value. I am sure these list is not exhausted however. I am sure there are many ethnic foods among all our cultures that can add flavor, texture, colour and fiber to our diets. We really can get creative here ladies making delicious dishes for our Honey!

As I have said earlier on, it would be a wise and healthy choice to ask your physician about your dietary needs regarding fiber that is perfect for you, you gorgeous Bride! Although this post only touches upon the importance of fiber in our diets, there is much more you can research on your own to learn more.

May God bless all of our hearts and spirits that we may always be at our best to serve one another with love!

Always from my heart to yours,(L)

Mari

Birthday was AWESOME! I just picked up my wedding gown! I feel so far behind Christine! I still have to book my DJ!! I have the bridesmaid dresses all picked out. And the idea I have for centerpieces and aisle decorations is awesome and DIY! That's one thing we have...time!! So we can DIY all we want to! I'm going ot start those early so I have plenty of time to finish them haha

oh and I'll add you to the timeline gSummit soon as I'm back at work :) (that's where the file is)

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Timeline

:reading: HEY DEC K1 2010 THREAD!! GET UPDATED ON THE NEWS AROUND HERE!! :secret:

*** You're going to see this message with updates around in future posts so ALL OF US can get ready for each step of the Visa Journey! !***

Here are the previous post that will give you Thread Map for the USCIS links & information Currently, we're working on preparation of Packet #2, Request to be Added to Timeline, Wedding planning and staying healthy so we won't stress out! Please join us and say hello to everyone.

• Page 17 ...............................Post # 251................................Packet #2 List ** PLEASE DO NOT MISS THIS**
  • Page 7................................. Post # 98.................................. Your NOA1 Date
  • Page 39 .............................. Post # 578 ...............................Timeline By DizzyLox with Dec Filer's Daily Updated List (Updated M-F, No weekends)
  • Page 39............................... Post # 578............................... ADD ME to TIMELINE (Hit Reply for Dizzylox to Request Dizzy to Add you)
  • Page 10 ...............................Post # 142............................... Dec K1 2010 Thread's GAME PLAN
  • Page 11............................... Post #151.................................USCIS Service Center's EMAIL ADDRESSES & HEADQUARTER's SERVICE CENTER OPERATIONS
  • Page 17................................Post #251.................................CSC & VSC Processing Time (not a promise or a guarantee)
  • Page 20................................Post #294 ................................Igor's List CSC & VSC (Your place in line = approximation)
  • Page 22................................Post #316 &329......................Preparation for Medical Examination // Amendment post# 329
  • Page 23 .............................. Post# 341.................................CDC & Immigration Criteria for required vaccinations (record & history review for beneficiary)
  • Page 23................................Post #345.................................Best Wedding links by Wendie
  • Page 25................................Post#361..................................The Most Overlooked Tax Deductions Article by Kiplinger.com
  • Page 25................................Post # 362.................................Nesting for our Fiance's new home! Clean, Declutter and Organize before they get here.
  • Page 32................................Post # 468................................ Bec_Dipu's example of why we do not wait to gather our NOA2 packet documents.
  • Page 33................................Post # 490.................................Required Documents for NOA2 (Post is duplicate so members can find easily)
  • Page 37................................Post # 547.................................Stay Healthy! No Bridezilla's here. Part 1 of Series on health matters
  • Page 40................................Post # 596.................................No Bridezilla's here. Part 2 of Series

Thanks Everybody You Are Drop Dead Gorgeous!

Mari

Timeline

Dear Newest Decemberites.... let us know how you're doing! What's happening?

• Neko
  • Gsummit
  • Dianarang_17
  • Jay & CiCi
  • Militarygf
  • MyWenie
  • Lena and Igor
  • Hope.and Sun
  • Marcia & Danny-Duncan (we use which name?)

If you are a new Dec 2010 K1'er please let us know so we can add you to the "family thread" :luv:

Can't wait to hear from you!:star:

Mari

Timeline

i had fish before.. their names are PA,PI AND PO.. they died ,my son was 4 years old that time and he fed too much the reason why i think they die...:(

ohh wedding..yeah im searching for garden wedding in Forney.. i haven't found yet... more in Dallas... my Fiance too busy for now to search so he let me do it online... im excited anyway...

OK so from my very limited language skills in Flip, does the following mean:

Pa= Daddy orr papa

Pi= Is that slang for P.I. ?? lol ... lol what is that? I never heard this word. Must be from a different region or something.

Po= Ma'am or Sir (out of respect for old elderly person, or one older than you) Added to something like: Magandang umaga po?

Where is Forney? Short for Cali "Forney"? LOL LOL At least you didn't say, Kalifornication! :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.