Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Am I getting a little bit ahead of myself?

smugshot_4218224-M.jpg

More to come, but that's the first three filled ready

laughing.gif

Ben

10/23/2009 - Met on eHarmony

09/20/2010 - Got engaged at the top of the London Eye 🙂

11/24/2010 - I-129F sent to Texas dropbox

11/29/2010 - I-129F received by CSC

03/21/2011 - Touched!

04/18/2011 - NOA2 approved by CSC 4 months 3 weeks after NOA1

07/18/2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!

09/20/2011 - Married!

10/11/2011 - AOS package mailed to Chicago lockbox

10/18/2011 - AOS package routed to National Benefits Center for processing

10/19/2011 - I-765 EAD noted on USCIS site

10/22/2011 - I-797C for AOS and EAD received

11/08/2011 - AOS file transferred to CSC

11/10/2011 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

12/12/2011 - Green card received dated 11/23/11

09/20/2013 - I-751 sent to CSC

09/23/2013 - I-751 received at CSC - NOA1

10/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

08/29/2020 - N400 Application submitted online

08/29/2020 - N400 fee taken

01/20/2021 - Biometrics re-use notification

04/14/2021 - Interview scheduled notification

05/11/2021 - Interview!

05/11/2021 - N-400 Recommended for Naturalization!

06/02/2021 - Naturalization oath ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Am I getting a little bit ahead of myself?

smugshot_4218224-M.jpg

More to come, but that's the first three filled ready

laughing.gif

I don't think you are getting ahead of yourself, I already have 15 boxes packed and labelled for the border crossing. I also have a log of the contents of each box...as you probably can guess our port of entry is by land.

This way if my Montreal interview is in August I won't have a lot left to pack so we can have our 09.11.11 wedding!

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Timeline

I don't think you are getting ahead of yourself, I already have 15 boxes packed and labelled for the border crossing. I also have a log of the contents of each box...as you probably can guess our port of entry is by land.

This way if my Montreal interview is in August I won't have a lot left to pack so we can have our 09.11.11 wedding!

This is virtually all the reduced stuff from the loft of the garage - still have all my books, cds, dvds etc to pack. Luckily, Gin took a big case full of winter clothes back with her to Utah last week, so my clothes are about 1/3 to 1/2 down on where they were laughing.gif

Ben

03/21/2011 - Touched!

09/20/2011 - Married!

05/11/2021 - Interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone know howto get to talk to a person when we call USCIS? It's always the computer for us. What numbers do we press?

Sorry, I don't know! I'm replying to this to put it on the next page though!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Does anyone know howto get to talk to a person when we call USCIS? It's always the computer for us. What numbers do we press?

I don't know if you have this number yet or not:

USCIS: 800.375.5283

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

This is virtually all the reduced stuff from the loft of the garage - still have all my books, cds, dvds etc to pack. Luckily, Gin took a big case full of winter clothes back with her to Utah last week, so my clothes are about 1/3 to 1/2 down on where they were laughing.gif

Ben,

How will you ship those out to the US? By cargo like boat or UPS? And what was it like for you during the Royal Wedding... did you watch it or have a celebration where you are?

Mari

Timeline

NOA1 & NOA2 in hand: NOW what do WE do?

For the Beneficiary & K-1 Petitioner:

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), ...... will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

The First Step: Filing the Petition

• You, the U.S. citizen sponsor, must file
Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), with the USCIS office that serves the area where you live. See Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) for information on where to file the petition. Further information is available on the USCIS website under Fiancé(e) Visas. Note: Form I-129F cannot be filed at a U.S. Embassy, Consulate, or USCIS office abroad. (NOA1)After USCIS approves the petition, (NOA2) it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing, and NVC will send it to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. (603) 334-0700 Press 1, then 5 for human to speak with you.

The Second Step: Applying for a Visa

Once the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), will apply receives the petition from NVC, it will provide you with specific instructions, including where to go for the required medical examination. During your interview, ink-free, digital fingerprint scans will be taken. Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant's interview by a Consular Officer.

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview: << DECEMBERITE BENEFICIARY

Two (2) Nonimmigrant Visa Applications, Form DS-156 (prepared in duplicate). NOTE: K-1/K-2 visa applicants should not fill in Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application

One (1) Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application, Form DS-156K

A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)

• Birth certificate
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The Consular Officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Medical Examination and Vaccination Requirements

In preparing for the interview, applicants will need to schedule and complete a medical examination. Before the issuance of an immigrant or K visa, every applicant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination which must be performed by an authorized panel physician. You will be provided instructions regarding medical examinations from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for your visa, including information on authorized panel physicians. See Medical Examination for more information, including a list of panel physicians by country, and frequently asked questions.

K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage. Applicants are therefore encouraged to fulfill these vaccination requirements at the time of the medical examination. See Vaccination Requirements for IV Applicants for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

Proof of Financial Support and Affidavit of Support Forms <<< DECEBERITE PETITIONER

During the visa interview, applicants will be required to present evidence to the Consular Officer that they will not become a public charge in the U.S. You may present evidence that you are able to financially support yourself or that your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is able to provide support. The Consular Officer may request that a Form I-134, Affidavit of Support be submitted by the U.S. citizen fiancé(e).

The U.S. citizen fiancé(e) will need to submit Form I-864 to USCIS with the application for adjustment of status to that of legal permanent resident following the marriage.

Do the Same Income Requirements Apply to Form I-134 as Apply to Form I-864?

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

Fees - How Much Does a K-1 Visa Cost?

Fees are charged for the following services:

• Filing an Alien Fiancé(e) Petition, Form I-129F
  • Nonimmigrant visa application processing fee, Form DS-156
  • Medical examination (costs vary from post to post)
  • Other costs may include translation and photocopying charges, fees for getting the documents required for the visa application (such as passport, police certificates, birth certificates, etc.), and travel expenses to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an interview. Costs vary from country to country and case to case.
  • Filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

For current fees for Department of State, see Fees for Visa Services. For current fees for USCIS, see Check Filing Fees on the USCIS website.

ATTENTION DECEMBERITE FAMILY!

Please be sure to check your US Embassy of the Beneficiary prior to Interview as each one may request certain documents which are additional to the list above!! Failure to do so may result in delayed approval for your Beneficiary! DO NOT MISS THIS*

Reference: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

Additional Information for Decemberite K1's:

1. Preparation for Medical Examination: Page 22, Post# 329

2. Commission for Filipinos Overseas, PRISM INFO: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=322&Itemid=78 (bc I don't know where it is on this thread).

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

Since some of you have repeatedly asked the same questions twice, I am frustrated now that some of you are not familiar with the following information. This information has been posted throughout this Thread since 2011. Since each of us must be responsible for our own files I will therefore encourage the Decemberites:

PLEASE do as much research at your Embassy and REVIEW Official websites before asking questions which have been answered here before and can be located by Thread Map references. I have left you the Official US Dept of State References throughout this Thread which anyone can link to. For questions which have not been answered here:

1. You can call the USCIS @ http://www.uscis.gov...000b92ca60aRCRD

2. NVC: http://travel.state..../info_3177.html

3. US Dept of State MAIN OFFICE, Washington DC: http://www.usembassy.gov/

Regards,

Mari

DECEMBERITE THREAD MAP updated: April 26, 2011

Located on Page: 115, Post #1723

Addendum Notice: Updated April 28, 2011

NOA1 & NOA2 Required Documents located on Page 119 Post# 1773

Thank you,

Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Timeline

Ben,

How will you ship those out to the US? By cargo like boat or UPS? And what was it like for you during the Royal Wedding... did you watch it or have a celebration where you are?

Mari

Probably DHL/FedEx/whoever - those three boxes will cost me about $320 so far, and I have a lot of weight to go.

I watched the wedding on the tv, no celebrations here, although I think that there were a few around.

Ben

03/21/2011 - Touched!

09/20/2011 - Married!

05/11/2021 - Interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!!

dutch_congratulations.gif

Mari

Thank you!! I'm exsited! Hope they sent it too holland soon. The hardest part lays behinde us now. I was getting ready for two more months by seeing a lot off ppl wait for 6 months. But it came after 141 days. Gues not all cases are the same. 

Timeline

Probably DHL/FedEx/whoever - those three boxes will cost me about $320 so far, and I have a lot of weight to go.

I watched the wedding on the tv, no celebrations here, although I think that there were a few around.

What about if you shipped by boat? Would that be cheaper even if it took longer? Sheesh... it's expensive it sounds like no matter how big or small. Just sending a small box to Turkey was close to $100USD. LOL it costs more than the contents at times! Would be much cheaper if I just brought it over with me when and IF I go over after K gets his visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations Gwen and Wouter!!!

My plans for getting my stuff down to Atlanta are:

1. I am really hoping my dad can convince my grandma to give me her car as a wedding present from her and my dad. She is way too old to drive it and doesn't need the money for selling it. I have enough money in my account to either buy a used car, or pay for insurance for a car for awhile, but not both. That way, Blake can fly up and then we can road trip down to Atlanta together with the car packed with as much as possible.

2. My mom and step-dad are looking into driving down for the wedding, especially since they have a van and I need to move a giant, very heavy, hope chest that my grandpa made for my mom when she moved out.

3. My dad and step-mom are also driving down, so I will get them to take some of my stuff.

4. The rest will be given to my family and I'll pay for them to take an extra suitcase when they fly.

I don't really have a ton of stuff to bring with me other than clothes and mementos/sentimental stuff, and the hope chest, so hopefully we can avoid shipping too much.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

That's what I'm gonne do too. Just check in a extra bag and sent all the little stuff by mail. It was around 100 euro for 10 kilo so that's not that bad

With two bag checked in you can take almost 6 kilos plus hand lugage. I only wonder what its gonne cost too bring the cats with me :)

Timeline

That's what I'm gonne do too. Just check in a extra bag and sent all the little stuff by mail. It was around 100 euro for 10 kilo so that's not that bad

With two bag checked in you can take almost 6 kilos plus hand lugage. I only wonder what its gonne cost too bring the cats with me :)

How many cats? LOL... my nephew got caught in the Tokyo Airport because he had to bring his cat. My sister was a little fussy because he nearly missed his sister's wedding... over the cat. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.